Proposal

Orphanage Lovers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 65- Proposal

The weekends passed with last minute cramming, and before you knew it, midterms were nearly over. Thursday came faster than Wonwoo knew, that one moment he had been waiting for ever since the school semester started.

“Won~Let’s goooooooo~” Jun sang as he stood by Wonwoo’s table.

“Just a minute…wait up…” Wonwoo was busy discussing answers of the exams with his other classmates who approached him first.

“Oh come on! Not like you can actually change the answers or something. Bye guys.” Jun waved as he held Wonwoo in a headlock, dragging him along the hallways.

“Ahhhhh…Moon Junhui. I swear to god. That date of yours…better be worth all this…” Wonwoo cried, trying to squeeze his way out of Jun’s headlock.

“Where’s your date…I think you just got ditched.” Wonwoo teased as he stood next to Jun by the gates.

“S-shut up…” Jun stuttered, tapping his feet on the concrete ground impatiently. Wonwoo had fun seeing Jun act nervously. It was rare to see Jun acting like this.

“I swear. This date of yours isn’t making a good first impression. He’s late.” Wonwoo grumbled. They had been waiting for 15 minutes under the sun, not that it was hot or anything. But Wonwoo hated the glare that came with the sun.

“I-I’m s-sorry! I d-didn’t mean to be late!” A heavily accented voice panted as a boy with blonde hair dashed out. Wonwoo had his eyebrows raised at the boy as he scanned Jun’s date. Hold up. This person looked weirdly familiar. Then it all clicked in his head.

“Aren’t you Minghao or something?!” Wonwoo exclaimed as he moved forward, trying to get a better view of the younger.

“Yeah I am…You’re Wonwoo hyung right?” Minghao blushed, scratching the back of his head. The older nodded his head, observing how cute the younger looked as he stood next to Jun.

“Ah yeah Minghao-ah! Where’s your friend you agreed to bring along?” Jun snapped out of his staring trance. Wonwoo panicked. He forgot about Minghao’s friend. Is it a guy or a girl? Is the person going to be friendly? Questions flooding through his mind so quickly that he didn’t notice a tall figure towering behind him.

“There he is! Mingyu!” Minghao smiled, pointing to the person who was now standing behind Wonwoo.

“Oh …Minghao! I didn’t tell you this…but they kind of broke up quite some time…I think it’s still awkward?” Jun pulled the younger next to him, whispering. Oh. No one knew about Wonwoo and Mingyu being back together again. Except Jihoon.

“What?! Yah! Kim Mingyu! Why didn’t you tell me when I asked you to come on this double date with me?!” Minghao hollered before he proceeded to chase the taller, hitting his back consecutively.

“Hey Won! Are you okay? Look, we can leave if you aren’t okay with hanging out around him.” Jun snapped his fingers in front of Wonwoo’s face. He was more than concerned about his friend’s well-being than a date.

“H-huh? N-no…its okay with me…I guess?” Wonwoo replied, uncertainty dripping in his tone.

“Are you sure? I don’t want you to feel uncomfortable…” Jun said, his hands sitting on Wonwoo’s shoulder.

“Y-yeah…I’m sure…” Wonwoo blushed a little as he caught a glance of the keychain hanging on Mingyu’s bag.

“Yo…are you falling sick? Your face is turning red again.” Jun asked, this time holding Wonwoo’s face in his hands as he turned the other’s face to have a better look. Mingyu who was running around stopped suddenly, causing Minghao to crash into his back.

“Yah! Why did you stop running all of a suddenly?!” Minghao shouted, poking Mingyu’s sides.

“W-wait hold up hold up!” Mingyu cried, before he walked over to where Wonwoo was. He pulled Wonwoo out of Jun’s grasp, bringing him slightly away.

“Are you okay? What happened? Are you having a fever? You want to head home instead? I think we should. You don’t look too good.” Mingyu said as he placed his hand over Wonwoo’s forehead.

“I’m fine. No seriously I’m fine. In case you forgot, we were supposed to be broken up?” Wonwoo said with a questioning tone, but he chuckled when he saw Mingyu pouting.

“It’s so hard to keep up with this act…can’t we just tell them already…?” Mingyu pouted even more. Thankfully his back was facing Jun and Minghao, who were both trying so hard to eavesdrop.

“Kim Mingyu.” Wonwoo warned, before he stepped away from Mingyu, heading back next to Jun.

“Is he crazy or what? He clearly hasn’t gotten over you…” Jun mumbled.

“Hyung. Are you okay? Sorry Mingyu acted that way. It’s just…he still can’t…” Minghao tried explaining, but Wonwoo gave a small smile.

“It’s fine…” The older reassured. The 4 of them set off, making their way to the bustop. When they boarded the bus, Wonwoo purposely chose a seat far away from Jun and Minghao, wanting to give them time alone. But guess who decided to sit next to him? Mingyu.

“What are you doing here…?” Wonwoo asked the younger, his eyes subconsciously going over to look at Jun and Minghao who were whispering to each other.

“…I just wanted to spend time with you…” Mingyu pouted, leaning his head on Wonwoo’s shoulder.

“How did your midterms go?” Wonwoo asked, putting his head on top of Mingyu’s.

“Not too bad…I might actually pass everything.” Mingyu replied, slipping his hand into Wonwoo’s.

“Hmm? But you sound unhappy?” Wonwoo quirked an eyebrow, turning over his shoulder to look at Mingyu.

“It was hell…those 4 days without you…and you barely replied my messages…” Mingyu pouted, placing his chin on Wonwoo’s shoulder now.

“Well…I just thought since we were going to spend lots of time together during the holidays…” Wonwoo blushed a little at their close proximity.

“We definitely have to…you neglected me for so many days…” Mingyu grinned, inching closer to Wonwoo.

“…anything for my puppy…right?” Wonwoo smiled back, placing his forehead against Mingyu’s, as they stared into each other’s eyes. Jun and Minghao who were chatting previously had turned around to make sure that their two friends were doing well, not trying to kill each other or anything. And boy were they surprised to see the two so close.

“Looks like we were worrying about nothing huh…” Minghao grinned, glad to see Mingyu feeling happy again. The events that went on the past few weeks made Mingyu complain to Minghao about not being able to see, touch or speak to Wonwoo. Initially, it was cute and entertaining to watch. But gradually, Minghao started to get annoyed at Mingyu. The boy could practically go on for endless hours, groaning and kicking his feet. Only when Minghao threatened with a smile, did Mingyu tone down a little. But that didn’t stop Mingyu from blasting texts to Minghao’s phone.

“…I just hope they’ll be fine…I don’t want him getting hurt again…” Jun sighed.

“Don’t worry…they will. If Mingyu does anything stupid. He’ll definitely die in either one of our hands.” Minghao reassured, patting Jun’s hand. The older blushed at the contact but he swore he heard Wonwoo making fun of him at the back of his head, for not having the guts to hold Minghao’s hand.

“So…what rides do you usually play at the amusement park?” Jun asked.

“Hmmm…actually everything. I love the adrenaline and stuff…” Minghao spoke with excitement. Jun stared, enjoying the sight before him. Minghao speaking about the rides with such interest, his eyes glittering.

“What about you? Which rides do you like?” Minghao asked.

“H-huh…I don’t play the rides actually…I prefer watching Wonwoo and the rest play…” Jun said embarrassed, rubbing his nape.

“What?! Why not? It’s super fun! You need to try it! Come on! Don’t be a wimp!” Minghao teased, as he watched Jun’s face glow dark red.

“I-I’m not a wimp…I just…don’t see the fun in-” Jun stuttered, nervousness bubbling in his stomach as Minghao grabbed his hand, pulling him off the bus when they arrived at their stop.

“Let’s go! Oh my god! I’m super excited for this!” Minghao exclaimed, jumping off the bus with Jun and Mingyu trailing behind.

“Oh my gosh! The last time I came here, I had like super lots of fun!” Wonwoo grinned, his eyes turning into small slits.

“OH MY GOD HYUNG! You love the rides too? We should totally go on them together!” Minghao laughed, as he hooked his arm with Wonwoo. The two ran off to the tickets booth, leaving both Jun and Mingyu groaning.

“I ing hate the amusement park…” Jun sighed. Just the sight of the rollercoaster spinning 360 degrees was enough to make his stomach churn.

“The last time I came here with Wonwoo…I almost died…” Mingyu sighed too, making Jun turn around to face him.

“Wow. That fact alone makes you more likable already…glad I’m not the only loser who hates amusement parks…” Jun tried to crack a joke, but his face was getting paler.

“Why do you even hate me so much hyung…” Mingyu whined, dragging his feet across the ground, not wanting to go near the entrance of the amusement park where hell would break lose for him.

“I don’t hate you…I just hate that you hurt Wonwoo unknowingly…and he just…doesn’t say anything. That’s just how stupid he is…” Jun said.

“I’ll try my best not to from now on…I’ll only make him happy…” Mingyu gave a small smile.

“You better. If not Minghao and I would wushu your to Mars. Take good care of Won…he’s more of a kid than you emotionally. ” Jun said, giving a small punch to Mingyu’s shoulder.

“I wouldn’t dare to…wait…d-do you know something already…?” Mingyu’s eyes widened, turning over to face Jun.

“Oh yeah. You two are so obvious and unknown to the world…I almost threw up on the bus.” Jun smirked, watching Mingyu’s expression.

“Oh . . No…you guys aren’t supposed to find out anything. Oh my god. Wonnie is going to kill me…” Mingyu shook his head, pulling the ends of his hair.

“Well. . Too bad for you then.” Jun teased running off to where Wonwoo and Minghao was.

“HYUNG! Don’t tell him!” Mingyu shouted, chasing after the older.

“Wonwooooooo~I have something to tell youuuuu~” Jun sang, teasing Mingyu.

“No! Hyung! I swear to god! Minghao! Do something about your date will you!” Mingyu shot daggers with his eyes.

“What do you have to tell me?” Wonwoo asked, raising a brow at Mingyu’s reaction.

“Someone told me that you and-” Mingyu covered Jun’s mouth before he could say anything further, making Wonwoo even more curious than before.

“Hyung told me that you loved the rides here. And I told him that we came here before so obviously I knew that. Duh.” Mingyu hurried spoke while Jun smirked.

“Okay Mingyu. Get off my date now will you?” Minghao hissed, smacking Mingyu’s arm so hard he swear his bone had some kind of fracture.

“Yeah Mingyu. Go some other person’s face.” Jun teased, sticking his tongue out at Mingyu.

“Real mature Junhui…fancy you quarrelling with a kid younger than you.” Wonwoo laughed, making the mentioned boy roll his eyes.

“Should we start with something simple?” Minghao asked, as he spinned around, trying to take in every ride they had.

“How about bumper cars? We shouldn’t do something too intense. We don’t need people puking right from the start. Right Jun?” Wonwoo wriggled his eyebrows, only to earn a nudge to his side.

Please log in to read the full chapter