Day-2

Orphanage Lovers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 14- Day-2

After the boys were done having dinner, they took turns to shower. While waiting for their turn, Wonwoo decided to spend some alone time with Mingyu. “Hey. Remember on my second day here. You were asking where Jihoon and I went right?” Wonwoo said, making Mingyu recall what he said. Mingyu nodded his head excitedly. Wonwoo grinned, How am I supposed to leave you. I’m going to miss all these little things about you…, “You wanna see where we went?” Mingyu stood up, holding out his hand to Wonwoo. “But you gotta keep it secret okay? I’m not supposed to tell anyone. Jihoon would kill me if he knew.” Wonwoo said, before dragging Mingyu up the stairs and up onto the roof. “Wah. It’s really pretty up here. Especially at night…no wonder Jihoon hyung likes it up here.” Mingyu said, walking around, feeling the cold breeze. Wonwoo walked towards the tent that Jihoon had set up, bringing out a mat. Mingyu followed Wonwoo and soon the two were laying on their backs, admiring the twinkling stars. “Aren’t the stars pretty? Too bad they can only be seen at night…” Wonwoo said, holding up his hands to trace the stars. “They’re pretty. But your eyes twinkle better than them.” Mingyu said, before holding up his hand to interlock with Wonwoo. Wonwoo felt a tug on his heart. Why is he doing this…He’s making it hard for me to leave. “Wonwoo-ah. Did you know…you’re acting really strange today.” Mingyu said, turning his head to look at Wonwoo. “Huh. What do you mean?” Wonwoo asked back, staring at the stars in the sky. “I don’t know…but I like this side of you. Promise me you will never change?” Mingyu said before sitting up. Wonwoo sat right up, nodding his head. “Mingyu-ah. I was just thinking. What if. Just what if. Someone gets adopted soon. How would you feel?” Wonwoo asked casually, not wanting Mingyu to suspect anything. “Hmmm…I think I would feel sad but happy at the same time. Sad because we have spent so much time together as a family, and without one person, it just feels different. Empty I guess. But happy because at least that person would finally get to have a family. Like real parents…” Mingyu said, before he turned over to stare at Wonwoo. “Why are you asking about this all of a sudden?” Mingyu asked, feeling a little weird. “N-nothing. Jihoon brought up this topic that day…so I was just wondering.” Wonwoo said, waving his hands to tell Mingyu it was really nothing to get uptight about. An awkward silence filled the air.

“Well if it was the other guys I would feel that way. But…if it was you…I don’t think I would want to stay here any longer…” Mingyu said, breaking the silence. Wonwoo could feel tears wanting to spill out of his eyes. He pretended to yawn, before wiping the tears out of his eyes. After gathering some courage, Wonwoo proceeded to ask, “Why wouldn’t you want to stay if I weren’t here?” A frown graced Mingyu’s face, “Because…you’re the most important person to me right now. Before you came, I was always staying in that room alone. I was envious that the others had someone they could sleep with, share their troubles with, laugh and cry with. And when I finally heard someone was going to share a room with me, I was so excited. I didn’t even sleep the night before.” Wonwoo didn’t know what to say. He was afraid if Mingyu said anymore, he wouldn’t have the heart to leave. “Oh yeah. I remember you telling me that you had a new friend in class today right? The cool guy from China?” Wonwoo brought up, changing the topic. Mingyu’s frown turned upside down, “Yup. He’s really cool. He promised me that he would teach me some martial arts. So that I can protect you from all the bullies!” “I don’t think you would need to protect me anymore…” Wonwoo mumbled to himself. “Huh? What did you say?” Mingyu asked, moving closer to Wonwoo. “Nothing. Anyways I think most of the guys are done. Let’s get going. Jihoon might come up here anytime to pack his stuff.” Wonwoo said, not realizing the last part of his sentence. “Why would Jihoonie hyung want to pack his stuff?” Mingyu asked, furrowing his eyebrows. “Huh? W-what are you t-talking about? Yah! Kim Mingyu. You must be pretty tired huh. Let’s shower and go to bed!” Wonwoo stuttered, before pulling Mingyu back in.

“Mingyu-ah. You wanna go get some ice cream tomorrow after school? Just the two of us?” Wonwoo asked as they dried their hair, walking back to their rooms. “Yes yes yes! Hehehe. I’ll treat this time!” Mingyu agreed excitedly. Mingyu went off into dreamland as soon as his head hit his pillow. Wonwoo walked down the hallways towards Jihoon’s room. He knocked on the door quietly, before opening it. He saw Soonyoung fast asleep on his bed and Jihoon was nowhere to be seen? Oh? Where else could Jihoon be? Don’t tell me… Wonwoo closed the door because going off to the rooftop. Standing by the door of the roof, he could hear soft guitar strums. The melody sounds…a little sad today. He walked carefully towards the tent, and as expected, Jihoon was there, playing his guitar. “What are you doing here not sleeping?” Wonwoo asked as he sat on the extra chair that was brought up previously. “I wanted to pack up my stuff here. But some playing wouldn’t hurt…I most probably won’t get such a good view anymore after we leave…” Jihoon said, still strumming his guitar softly. “Hey Jihoon…what I’m about to say may not be what you want to hear…but I kind of told Mingyu about this place…I’M SO SORRY! PLEASE DON’T KILL ME.” Wonwoo said, closing his eyes tightly, expecting a smack across his head from Jihoon. Instead, Jihoon only let out a small laugh. “It’s fine. Not like we would be here anymore. Just let him know.” The two only started packing some stuff into boxes when the clock striked 11pm. It was getting late and they had one more day of school before leaving the orphanage. Jihoon kept his guitar into its casing while Wonwoo helped pack scribbles and music notes that were scattered around the table in the tent. The two then carried the boxes of music notes, scribbles, music books and some of Wonwoo’s adventure novels back into the orphanage. They brought it into Mr Choi’s office so that the others wouldn’t notice. “Can’t believe it. I’m actually leaving this place…” Jihoon said as they strolled along the hallways, making their way back to their rooms. Wonwoo kept quiet throughout and he let out a sigh as he entered his room. He set his eyes on Mingyu, who was now sleeping on his bed with his mouth wide open. He had kicked his blanket onto the ground, one of his leg hanging off the bed. Wonwoo let out a small laugh at this sight. “Kim Mingyu. Please take better care of yourself. I don’t know when would be the next time we see each other after this week…but I hope you won’t forget me…I promise. I would never ever forget you. I never expected myself to say this…but I’m going to miss you the most…you really mean a lot to me. As much as my mum…” Wonwoo whispered as he covered Mingyu with his blanket. He rubbed the area between Mingyu’s eyebrows to ease his frown. The next thing Wonwoo did was something he didn’t expect himself to do. He kissed Mingyu on his forehead before turning off the night lamp and headed back to his own bed.

Darkness faded, and the orange hues of sunshine painted the sky. Wonwoo opened his eyes reluctantly, he didn’t want to start the day because it would mean one day closer to leaving. He got up eventually and he washed up. He woke Mingyu up, tapping the younger by shoulder. “Mingyu-ah. It’s time to get up. Hurry! You don’t want to be the last one again!” Wonwoo called out softly. “Ahhhhhh! 5 more minutes pleaseeeeeeee…” Mingyu pouted, as he whined. Wonwoo smiled, he would never get tired at watching Mingyu whine whenever he was woken up in the morning. He took out the camera and snapped a picture of Mingyu pouting in his pyjamas, lying lazily on bed. “AHHHH! Jeon Wonwoo! Why are you taking pictures of me when I’m so ugly!” Mingyu exclaimed, as he stared at Wonwoo with only one eye

Please log in to read the full chapter