First Half of Our Date

Orphanage Lovers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 27- First Half of Our Date

Mingyu happily skipped his way back to the orphanage from the bustop, excited about his date with Wonwoo the next day. Where should we go…it shouldn’t be something too fancy but it can’t be too boring either…Hmmm…how about a movie date? Sounds good…I should ask Soonyoung hyung about the types of movies to watch…After the movie…we can go eat somewhere.

“I’m home guys!” Mingyu greeted cheerfully as he stepped foot into the orphanage.

“What’s wrong with you today? You’re way too happy.” Seungkwan said as he looked up from the TV.

“Hahahaha. Sorry man but I agree with Seungkwan!” Seokmin laughed as he saw Mingyu pouting.

“If I tell you guys. You’re sure to be jealous in some ways. Hah. So guess whose the loser now?” Mingyu argued, as he plopped his on the sofa between Seungkwan and Seokmin.

“Ahhhh. Seriously Mingyu hyung! There’s not enough space for 3 peopleeeeeee!” Seungkwan whined as Mingyu’s elbow dug into his stomach.

“Hehe. Sorry.” Mingyu apologized half-heartedly as he placed his arm behind the two of them to make more space.

“So…why should we be jealous?” Seokmin asked, looking up from his phone.

“Don’t be too shocked but I’m going on date tomorrow~” Mingyu sang happily as Seungkwan covered his ears.

“Urgh. Hyung. Please don’t sing. My ears hurt. But anyways whose the unlucky one? Going on a date with you sounds like babysitting a 5 year- OUCH HYUNGGGGG!” Seungkwan whined as Mingyu pulled his ear.

“Yah! Boo Seungkwan! That’s not the way to speak to your hyung!” Mingyu chided, still not letting go of Seungkwan’s ear.

“I’m telling on you. I’m going to tell Vernon that you pulled my ear.” Seungkwan huffed, slapping Mingyu’s hand away from his ear. He went back to his room, which was just down the hallway, a few steps away from the living room. Mingyu and Seokmin were seated on the sofa and they could hear parts of Seungkwan’s conversation with Vernon. It consisted of Seungkwan screaming into the phone, complaining about how Mingyu bullied him the moment he got home. And he eventually calmed down after what seemed like Vernon telling him sweet nothings. The two were exact opposites of each other, but I guess that was what made them even closer. Opposites attract. Right?

“Soooo…you haven’t said who your date is?” Seokmin said, poking Mingyu’s arm.

“Ahhh…it’s Wonnie.” Mingyu said, a blush creeping up his face again.

“Really?! Oh my god! Did he finally talk to you? Wah! Things are really going well for you then Mingyu-ah!” Seokmin said, grinning.

“Well…he didn’t exactly agree to it 100%...he was kinda forced into it…” Mingyu said, looking down at his feet.

“But he didn’t reject you either. So it means you still have chance. Right?” Seokmin said, patting Mingyu on his shoulder.

“Chance for what?” Mingyu asked, raising his eyebrows. He hadn’t told anyone about his feelings for Wonwoo yet. Because he just figured it out with Jihoon…so what was Seokmin talking about?

“Chance to chase Wonwoo hyung? Erm hello? I didn’t think that you were this dumb bro.” Seokmin said.

“H-huh? Who said I liked him?!” Mingyu exclaimed, his eyes expanding to their maximum limits.

“HAHAHA! Look at you all nervous. I mean it’s pretty obvious that you like Wonwoo hyung…” Seokmin laughed. What he received from Mingyu was a smack on his shoulder.

“How did you…even know? I mean. I didn’t even realized that I liked him until Jihoon hyung told me…” Mingyu muttered. He was truly confused. How did everyone know before he found out?

“Mingyu-ah, Mingyu. You really don’t know what you're like whenever Wonwoo hyung’s name is mentioned do you…” Seokmin said, patting Mingyu’s shoulder.

“Yah Kim Mingyu! What are you doing sitting so closely to my boyfriend?” Soonyoung appeared out of nowhere, squeezing his way between Seokmin and Mingyu.

“AHHH. HYUNG! This sofa isn’t big enough for 3 people! Besides Seokmin and I are best friends. Why can’t we sit together?!” Mingyu whined, as Soonyoung shoves him off the ground.

“I don’t like it when other guys get close to my sunshine. So hands off Kim Mingyu!” Soonyoung said, sticking his tongue out at Mingyu. Mature. Real mature.

“Soonyoung-ah…don’t do that to him. He just needs some advice for his date tomorrow.” Seokmin said before hugging his boyfriend. Erm. Yes. The two got together when Soonyoung was in his first year of high school.

“Yeah…Hyung! What kind of movie should I watch with my date? It’s our first date so nothing too gory or violent please.” Mingyu said, looking at Soonyoung with hope in his eyes.

“What is your date like?” Soonyoung asked, scrolling through the various movies that are showing in the cinemas.

“Hmmm…he likes books like adventure novels and what not. I don’t think he’s really into horror stuff. Doesn’t seem like the kind…” Mingyu said as he put on his thinking face.

“Oh? Adventure novels. Wait. This person you’re describing sounds…strangely familiar…” Soonyoung said, his eyebrows scrunched together.

“Ah. Babe. He’s going out with Wonwoo hyung!” Seokmin said.

“Wonwoo?! As in Jeon Wonwoo? That sloth? You’re going with the sloth? How even? I thought you guys weren’t on talking terms?” Soonyoung spat a string of questions.

“Yes hyung. Jeon Wonwoo. No time for other questions. So do you know what kind of movies to watch?” Mingyu asked.

“Hmmm…I would recommend a horror movie. I heard that Won likes horror movies.” Soonyoung said with a straight face.

“Really? But he doesn’t seem like the kind to…” Mingyu got interrupted by Soonyoung.

“Just listen to me! I know him really well! He likes horror movies! So you guys should go catch a horror movie tomorrow!” Soonyoung exclaimed.

“Okay okay fine! I get it. Thanks for your help hyung. Now I need to decide on what to wear…” Mingyu said as he walked off to his room. Seokmin offered to help Mingyu find some clothes that were deemed suitable. And all they could find were shirts and jeans.

“Well…you really need to go shopping once you get your first pay. But for now…we’ll settle with this black polo shirt and black jeans. Hmmm…you can put on a cap if you want to.” Seokmin said, placing the clothes on Mingyu’s chair.

“Thanks Seokmin-ah. You’re the best! Oh yeah. What time is Chan coming home from dance practice?” Mingyu asked.

“Hmmm…he would most probably reach home at 10pm? He ends at 9pm. Why? Are you missing him already?” Seokmin asked.

“I can’t wait to tell him that I’m going on a date with Wonnie tomorrow. He’s going to be super hyped about it.” Mingyu said, his eyes sparkling.

“Right. Chan stuck to Wonwoo hyung like super glue back then. If Chan insists on following you to your date, reject him by all means. Bringing kids on a first date is making bad impression. You know how your roommate acts around Wonwoo hyung…” Seokmin advised before returning to his shared room.

To: My One and Only Wonnie <3

Wonnie-ah! Are you awake? -8.54pm

Just wanted to tell you that I’ll drop by your house at 10am tomorrow! -8.54pm

So be ready by then okay? Hehehe. I’m really excited to hang out with you again. Just like the good old days~ ヘ(= ̄∇ ̄)ノ -8.54pm

Mingyu threw his phone on his bed before heading off into the shower. When he returned, he saw that there were replies!

From: My One and Only Wonnie <3

Okay! See you tomorrow then! -8.56pm

Can’t you tell me what we’re going to do tomorrow? I’m really curious… -8.56pm

I don’t really like surprises if you don’t already know… -8.56pm

 

To: My One and Only Wonnie <3

Nopeeeee. I can’t tell you our plans. ( ̄ω ̄) -9.10pm

Don’t worry. I won’t kill you. ;) -9.10pm

 

From: My One and Only Wonnie <3

Fine. But if the attacks come because of your silly antics. -9.14pm

I’m telling Jihoon on you. (¬_¬)  -9.14pm

 

To: My One and Only Wonnie <3

Don’t worry. I’ll make sure that you won’t have the chance to. -9.16pm

Hurry go sleep! You need to get better soon! -9.16pm

 

From: My One and Only Wonnie <3

Stop being so bossy will you. -9.17pm

This is the real reason why you’re still single. -9.17pm

 

To: My One and Only Wonnie <3

Wow. Thanks. -9.18pm

You really know how to break my heart. 3 -9.18pm

 

From: My One and Only Wonnie <3

Hahahaha. That’s a good joke. -9.19pm

You should go to bed too! See you tomorrow! -9.19pm

 

To: My One and Only Wonnie <3

How dare you treat me as a joke… -9.20pm

I’m going to sell you to some human trafficking company

Please log in to read the full chapter