What Should I Do?

Orphanage Lovers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 42- What Should I Do

It was times like these…where Wonwoo really regretted his choices. He snapped out of his trance, running around the house like a maniac trying to find either Mingyu or Jihoon. But they didn’t even leave a single trace behind. The orphanage? Wonwoo left the house, heading to the place he had in mind, hoping and praying to every single god that they would be there. Wonwoo was panting as he knocked on the door. Soonyoung answered the door, and he looked…hesitant in letting Wonwoo in.

“Can…I come in?” Wonwoo asked, raising his eyebrows.

“Who is it?” Wonwoo could heard Jihoon ask from inside.

“It’s him.” Soonyoung yelled.

“Ask him to off. He doesn’t deserve to be here.” Jihoon yelled. Wonwoo heard the entire conversation. He knew he deserved the cold attitude that was thrown at him.

“Let him calm down first okay…whatever you guys fought over. It must have been pretty bad. You need to know that the last time he cried this hard…was the day you left. Don’t worry okay Won…we’re all here for him. If anything happens I’ll call you.” Soonyoung assured, patting Wonwoo on his shoulder. Wonwoo nodded his head in disappointment. He turned around and walked down the streets. I really ed up didn’t I…

Wonwoo couldn’t remember the last time he felt this alone. Back in middle school, if he fought with Jihoon, he would have the backing of Jun and if he fought with Jun, he would have the backing of Jihoon. He was always protected. Perhaps it was the overprotection that turned Wonwoo into this brat who was so used to pushing others away, taking people for granted.

Wonwoo’s feet brought him to this neighbourhood. Familiar but somewhat distant. Sejun’s house. Wonwoo wasn’t even sure if Sejun still lived in this same apartment, but he had this feeling that the other was still staying here. He pressed the lift button, gradually going up the floors. As he stepped out, he saw the familiar unit. He was going to take a chance. He knocked on the door twice, and he heard a lady from inside.

“Yes? May I help you?” The lady asked as she opened the door.

“Hi. I’m so sorry but does Im Sejun stay here?” Wonwoo asked.

“Sejun-ah! I think your friend is here to look for you!” The lady hollered.

“But I wasn’t expecting anyone…” Sejun mumbled as he walked out of his room. He saw the least expected person standing at his doorstep.

“Hey…” Wonwoo greeted as Sejun stared at him, astonished.

“Erm…can I come in?” Wonwoo asked after a moment of silence.

“…oh yeah…come in!” Sejun said, opening the door even wider. He was confused. What was Wonwoo doing here? Wonwoo walked into the house, looking around. It definitely looks different from how it was 2 years ago, but it somehow looked the same.

“You know where my room is don’t you? You can go in first, I’ll go get…some drinks!” Sejun said, before his head disappeared into the kitchen. Wonwoo walked to the room nearest to the living room. As he opened the door, he smiled. It looked exactly the same as it did 2 years ago. The same old boyish room with posters of various KPOP groups stuck on the wall. He walked around the room seeing how Sejun’s floor was scattered with clothes and his bag was just dangling off the hook on his window. When he walked to the study table, he saw a piece of paper with very familiar handwriting stuck on a corkboard. It was the letter he wrote for Sejun 2 years ago…

“Hey I’m back!” Sejun smiled, making Wonwoo turn around. He handed Wonwoo a can of cola, and Wonwoo sat down on the chair making himself comfortable.

“Sooo…do you mind me asking you? What made you come here? …I thought…you didn’t want to…” Sejun paused. Wonwoo shrugged his shoulders, drinking the cola.

“Want to talk about it…?” Sejun asked, looking at Wonwoo. Wonwoo shook his head, letting out a sigh.

“It’s all your fault…” Wonwoo mumbled, staring at his feet. Sejun’s eyebrows creased together.

“What do you mean?” Sejun was confused. One moment Wonwoo didn’t want to talk about it, the next he was being blamed.

“That stupid bear. I shouldn’t even have kept it…it was why we fought.” Wonwoo said.

“…you mean the bear I gave you back then? You still have it?!” Sejun questioned, raising his tone.

“I was about to throw it. And then he decides to pick it up and press the stupid button. And guess what. He probably wants to break up with me now…” Wonwoo retorted.

“…W-wait…he wants to break up with you over that bear? That’s just stupid Won…he doesn’t deserve you then. That’s being immature…” Sejun said. Wonwoo’s eyes widened. How dare this say such things about Mingyu?! And before Wonwoo knew, his fist went flying across Sejun’s face.

"…look I’m sorry. I gotta go…” Wonwoo apologized. Sejun held the other’s wrist before he could run away.

“I’m fine. I really am. Sorry for saying such things…I didn’t mean to…” Sejun said. Wonwoo turned around and he started to turn pale.

“…y-your…n-nose…” Wonwo stuttered, pointing to Sejun’s face.

“Hold on. Let me go clean it up…” Sejun said, rushing off to the bathroom. He remembered that Wonwoo was afraid of blood. When Sejun returned back to his room with a tissue stuffed up his nose, Wonwoo was seated on his bed, using his phone. Wonwoo let out a sigh. No one was replying his messages. Not Jihoon, not Soonyoung and even Seokmin.

“…so what are you going to do now?” Sejun asked, looking at Wonwoo.

“I need to get him back…but I don’t know how…” Wonwoo sighed. It broke Sejun’s heart to see Wonwoo talk about someone else, and it hurt even more when Wonwoo was in this vulnerable and sad state. He loved Wonwoo, but he knew when to give up and let go.

“If you need my help…just tell me. We’re still friends Won.” Sejun smiled. Wonwoo nodded his head before making up an excuse to leave.

 

 “Hey…Wonwoo…” Seungcheol greeted as the younger walked up the walkway. Wonwoo rolled his eyes.

“What do you want now…” Wonwoo muttered as he walked past Seungcheol.

“Is Jihoon in…?” Seungcheol asked, following him into the house.

“How would I know…I haven’t seen him…” Wonwoo said.

“Why not?” Seungcheol pressed on, not realizing that Wonwoo’s expressions have hardened.

“I ing fought with Mingyu and Jihoon is off to fix him up. So stop ing asking me questions now will you?!” Wonwoo exclaimed, his hands going through his hair.

“…oh…sorry.” Seungcheol apologized.

“Forget it…” Wonwoo sighed, going back to his room. Seungcheol followed the younger, not knowing what to do.

“…Want me to help?” Seungcheol asked as he sat down on the chair, watching Wonwoo roll on his bed, frustrated.

“You? Want to help me? When you’ve screwed yourself so badly? Do you even know what you’re saying?” Wonwoo snorted, his face buried in his pillow.

“Precisely. Because I’ve lost it all…and I want to help you get it back so you wouldn’t feel what I did. It to lose everything you love.” Seungcheol said, his body limp as he watched Wonwoo come out from under his sheets.

“Come on Won…the thing you and Mingyu have…it’s irreplaceable. Don’t lose him just because of one stupid fight…it isn’t worth it.” Seungcheol sighed. Well…what hyung said made sense. I’ve been making wrong choices my entire life. It’s time to listen to someone else and do something about my pathetic life…

“…fine. But how are we going to do it?” Wonwoo asked. Seungcheol smiled. He knew Mingyu better than anyone else did.

 

Meanwhile over at Mingyu’s place…

“Mingyu-ah…are you feeling better?” Jihoon asked, as the boy stretched waking up from his nap.

“…feels empty…” Mingyu said, placing his hand over his eyes.

“Let’s go get something to eat…you must be hungry…” Jihoon said, pulling the younger by his arm. As the two walked out of the room, everyone seated in the living room turned and stare. Jihoon threw them a look, asking them not to ask or say anything. They ate in silence and when they were done, it was time to talk about Mingyu.

“So…Mingyu-ah…what are you going to do now?” Jihoon asked.

“…I don’t know hyung…I really really like him…but I don’t know if he feels the same…” Mingyu mumbled.

“I’m sure Won feels the same…I’ve never seen him this happy…” Soonyoung said.

“I thought so too…but Mingyu-ah. You shouldn’t give in so easily. Make him work for it.” Jihoon smirked.

“…huh? Work for what?” Mingyu questioned.

“Wonwoo has been taking things for granted. Too much. I really regret spoiling him over the years…Mingyu-ah…I’m really sorry.” Jihoon said, looking at his hands.

“It’s okay hyung…” Mingyu smiled, ruffling Jihoon’s hair. The shorter smacked his hand away, causing a whine from the younger and laughter emitted from the rest listening.

“Ignore him for at least the next few days at least. Whatever he does. Don’t give in. If he really likes you as he

Please log in to read the full chapter