Keep Trying

Orphanage Lovers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 55- Keep Trying

“Mingyu…take your medicine before going to sleep…” Wonwoo instructed, pulling the younger’s arm.

“I don’t want to……you can eat them for all you want…” Mingyu mumbled, hiding under his sheets. Wonwoo raised his brows. Mingyu was just as bad as him when he was sick huh.

“Come on…you’ll never get well if you don’t take your medicine…” Wonwoo said, tugging the sheets.

“If me staying sick equivalents to you staying by my side…I never want to get well…” Mingyu sniffed, peeking his head out of the sheets. Wonwoo didn’t respond to that, not wanting to give Mingyu any false hopes.

“If…you promise me…that you wouldn’t leave me…I’ll take the medicine…” Mingyu said, holding out his pinky finger. Wonwoo stared at his finger. He didn’t like breaking promises, and he wasn’t sure if he would stay around Mingyu when dawn comes…

“Is it…really that difficult…? Are we really…just going to drift off?” Mingyu asked, looking at Wonwoo, eyes glossy. After thinking a lot, Wonwoo finally opened his mouth.

“Sometimes…if we really love a person…we’ll let them go. And because I really do love you, I’ve decided to let you go…I know you’re suffering a lot because of me…and I really am sorry for always being the reason behind your tears and sorrows…don’t tell me that you never feel hurt because of me…because it’s funny how you’ve been crying a lot after I came back into your life. Especially the past few weeks…” Wonwoo said. When Mingyu opened his mouth to retort, the older pushed the pill into his mouth and placed the cup of water on his lips. The younger had no choice but to swallow the pill bitterly.

“Wonnie…are things really…beyond salvation…?” Mingyu sobbed.

“I really…hate hurting you…you think I feel nothing whenever those tears run down your cheeks? I’m really thankful…for all the good memories we created together. I believe that…you can find someone better….than me.” Wonwoo said, wiping the tears off Mingyu’s face.

“W-wonnie…I really…really love you a lot.” Mingyu confessed, as he placed his hand over Wonwoo’s.

“I really. Really. Love you too. And that’s precisely why…I’m letting you go.” Wonwoo said.

“I-I…really don’t want this to be over baby…” Mingyu cried, wheezing.

“I know baby…I know…but we’re hurting each other so much…this is…best for us.” Wonwoo said, as he gently pat the younger’s back.

“B-but…I don’t want to be with anyone else…except you.” Mingyu cried, hugging Wonwoo’s waist.

“Y-you can’t stop me from doing what I want…I’ll just keep waiting for you…until the day…you finally realize…that we’re meant for each other…” Mingyu said, taking a whiff of the older. Wonwoo sighed. There was nothing he could do to stop Mingyu.

“M-maybe…but promise me…if you find someone else…that y-you love more t-than me one day…You’ll forget about me…and move on?” Wonwoo stuttered. It was hard for him to think about Mingyu being in love with another person. It pained him to imagine Mingyu kissing, hugging and holding hands with another person besides Wonwoo. But Wonwoo couldn’t keep restraining Mingyu.

“I’m 100% positive…that I’ll never…ever choose someone else besides you.” Mingyu sniffed.

“C-can we…please cuddle? T-to spend our last day together…as…boyfriends?” Mingyu requested. Wonwoo hesitated. Nothing bad could come out of it right? He slipped right under the sheets next to Mingyu, as the younger hugged him tightly. Mingyu couldn’t possibly go to sleep now. His eyes lingered on Wonwoo’s face, fighting the sleepiness.

“Mingyu…go to sleep. That way you’ll recover faster…” Wonwoo said as he played with Mingyu’s soft hair. It was soothing and relaxing, hypnotizing Mingyu. But the younger was still fighting it.

“No…I want to spend our last moment together…memorizing your face…it’s going to be so hard…to let go…” Mingyu said, his finger caressing Wonwoo’s cheeks.

“…It’s not like we’ll never see each other again…just seeing each other…in a different way…” Wonwoo chuckled as he pat Mingyu’s face.

“I don’t know…if this is too much to ask…but can we have one last…kiss?” Mingyu asked. Wonwoo blushed. Was there really a need to ask? But nonetheless, he nodded his head, leaning in, closing the gap between them. Wonwoo closed his eyes as his lips touched the younger’s and Mingyu brought his hand behind Wonwoo’s neck, bringing them even closer than before. Mingyu’s tongue then swiped across Wonwoo’s lips, and the older gave in, opening his lips slightly as Mingyu entered. Mingyu didn’t even need to fight for domination as the older easily let him take over. After what felt like eternity, Wonwoo finally pulled away, as he gasped, letting oxygen into his lungs again. Mingyu whined at the loss of contact, making Wonwoo chuckle.

“Now go to sleep Kim Mingyu…” Wonwoo ordered, placing his hand on Mingyu’s eyes. The younger did as commanded, and soon only breathings and light snores could be heard in the room.

 

“Mingyu? We’re going to school now…you stay at home and rest okay…” Seokmin said as he shook Mingyu’s shoulder. Mingyu’s hand reached out for the space next to him, and he jumped up when it was empty.

“W-where…” Mingyu looked up at Seokmin disappointed.

“Hyung…left already…even before we were up…” Seokmin sighed, ruffling Mingyu’s hair.

“Oh.” Was the only word that left Mingyu’s mouth as he sat there, recalling the events of the previous night. It was over.

“Are you going to be okay?” Seokmin asked, patting Mingyu by his shoulder. Mingyu shook his head, before hiding under his sheets once more. Feeling unwell was making him feel ty. But the thought of him not being able to call Wonwoo ‘babe’, ‘baby’, not being able to wrap his arms around the older’s waist, not being able to kiss the older and lastly, not being able to wake up next to the older topped it off.

 

“Yo…why did you leave so early? You didn’t even say goodbye to him…he’s gonna be all sad at home alone…” Soonyoung teased as he soon as he got into class.

“I wanted to shower before coming to school…and Jihoon could get a little more rest…no harm done.” Wonwoo shrugged his shoulders.

“W-wait…aren’t you concerned about Mingyu? Not gonna ask how he is?” Soonyoung tensed up.

“He’ll be fine…he’s not a kid anymore…” Wonwoo sighed, resting his head on his arms.

“N-no way…you guys haven’t made up?! Even after us throwing you in there with him for the night?” Soonyoung exclaimed. Jihoon flicked his head, not liking what he did to Wonwoo. Although it was for his own good, Jihoon believed that you should never force anything that has to do with love. Love is a very sensitive and precious topic. Only the people involved in the relationship can do something to salvage or destroy it. Outsiders should never, ever get involved.

“Sorry Youngie…but nothing good ever comes out of forcing love…” Wonwoo mumbled, closing his eyes. He didn’t get much sleep yesterday, having to change the towel on Mingyu’s forehead. Was he falling sick too? That would be bad…midterms are next week…and Mingyu wouldn’t be there to take care of him anymore. That was the worst. I wonder if he’s taking care of himself? He will be able to right? He did a pretty good job taking care of me the last time…Whatever. Stop thinking about him Jeon Wonwoo…it’s over…even if you didn’t want it to. The next few teachers who stepped into class and gave them mock papers, wanting to prepare them for the exams next week. At the end of the day, Wonwoo was having a headache. He had been busy with so many things that he didn’t even revise the stuff that was taught in class.

“Won! Ready to help me?” Jun asked as he swung by the other’s locker. He stared at him when Wonwoo frowned.

“What? Although it didn’t work out as planned…you’re supposed to be helping me. You promised.” Jun said, before he had an arm around Wonwoo’s shoulder, dragging him out of school.

“Oh wait…I shouldn’t be so close to you huh…the last time I did this he got so jealo

Please log in to read the full chapter