Day-3

Orphanage Lovers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 13- Day-3

The boys gathered in the kitchen as usual for breakfast. “WAH! Why are there pancakes today?” Chan asked, as he happily took 2 pieces for himself. “Wonwoo and I got up really early to make them for you guys!” Mingyu said, satisfied with the products he had made. “Jihoon-ah. Aren’t you going to eat?” Soonyoung asked as Jihoon sat at the table, staring at nothing. There was no response, and they concluded that Jihoon was just in one of his bad moods. Wonwoo looked at Jihoon uneasily, not sure if Jihoon had gotten over it. “Oh yeah! Jihoon and Wonwoo! You guys have to come back earlier today! Remember what I told you guys yesterday? I told your teachers already! So just come back straight after recess alright?” Mr Choi said before taking his leave. Wonwoo’s face turned pale. So fast?! We only knew about it yesterday and today we’re already meeting them?! Wonwoo was afraid. There were many What Ifs in his head. What if they aren’t as nice as Mr Choi had mentioned? What if they don’t like me? Will they beat me? What about Jihoon? What if all of a sudden Jihoon doesn’t get adopted? Wouldn’t that leave me alone? What if Mingyu finds out? What if… Wonwoo snapped out of his thoughts as Mingyu called out to him. “Wonwoo-ah! We need to leave soon! Quickly finish up your food!” Wonwoo finished up his pancakes before carrying his bag and wore his school shoes. The boys made their way to school, Mingyu was slightly clingier than usual. He was holding hands with Wonwoo, fingers interlocked. And what was even stranger, was that Wonwoo didn’t even fight back or resist. “Mingyu-ah. What kind of magical potion did you give Wonwoo for him to listen to you so well?” Soonyoung said, pointing to them holding hands. Mingyu grinned happily, while Wonwoo on the other hand just blushed before walking faster. “You need to get me some of that magical potion. We need to give it to Jihoon. He needs it more-” Sooyoung said before Jihoon appeared out of nowhere, pulling Soonyoung by his ear. And before they knew it, they were all in school. Mingyu walked Wonwoo to class as usual, with Wonwoo letting go of Mingyu’s hand first. “Hyung. I’ll see you during recess alright? Have fun in school!” Mingyu said, grinning happily before skipping off to his own class.

“Yo! Jeon Wonwoo! You seem to be in a pretty good mood upon turning 8 huh?” Jun teased as he saw the small smile Wonwoo had on his face. “You seem to be in a pretty good mood yourself too.” Wonwoo answered, settling down on his seat. “You bet I do. I saw this kid who seems pretty good at martial arts. I wanna try sparing with him…what do you think?” Jun asked. Wonwoo scrunched his nose, not liking the idea of fighting. Not a single bit. “Yah. Moon Jun Hui. Are you crazy? Why would you want to fight a new kid? He would most probably be scared on his first day…” Wonwoo said, reminiscing his first day at this school. “Ayyy. He wouldn’t get beaten up like you for sure. HAHAHAHA!” Jun laughed. Wonwoo rolled his eyes and soon Mr Yoon entered the class. “So, I have here with me your marked scripts. Everyone passed. Except for two people. Moon Jun Hui. Jeon Wonwoo.” Mr Yoon announced, emphasizing on the two names. Wonwoo sighed. I knew it. Those 3 questions killed me. “The two of you. I really have no idea how to help you. Just. Get out. I don’t even want to see you two troublemakers.” Mr Yoon said, pointing to the door. Wonwoo and Jun just walked out into the hallway, leaning against the wall. “Yah. Let’s just skip class. His lessons are the worst.” Wonwoo said, before walking off. Jun chased after Wonwoo, “You have now developed a really bad habit. You can’t skip classes! That’s what I do. Not you.” Wonwoo laughed, “Ayyy come on. Not like I have much time left here. Let’s just do what I want.” Jun turned around, staring at Wonwoo dead straight. “What. Did. You. Just. Say.” Jun was shocked at what Wonwoo just said. “Huh? I said you only live once. You know. YOLO. If he doesn’t like us being in class, then fine. So be it.” Wonwoo replied, not even caring whether Mr Yoon would send them for detention or not. Jun was shocked at Wonwoo’s new attitude. Something was up. The normal Wonwoo would have been shaking, not liking the idea of skipping classes or getting kicked out. But now? Wonwoo doesn’t even care if he gets to attend class or not. Jun placed one hand over Wonwoo’s forehead, checking to see if the shorter was sick.

“No seriously. Wonwoo. What’s wrong? You know you can tell me right?” Jun asked, his voice filled with concern. “You really want to know? It’s quite hard to take in. Are you sure?” Wonwoo let out a sad laugh. The two sat under that same tree they always did. “Come on. Just tell me. I’ll promise not tell anyone! Please Wonwoo. You’re scaring me!” Jun said, shaking Wonwoo by his shoulder. “Okay okay…It’s nothing much. Just that. Jihoon and I…we’re getting adopted. And we’re meeting them later…” Wonwoo confessed. “W-what…” Jun was at a loss for words. He didn’t know what to say to console Wonwoo. “Yeah…I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to leave you after just 2 weeks…now you’re going to skip school again aren’t you? But if you could grant me one wish. Stay in school okay Jun?” Wonwoo said, not feeling too disturbed about the fact that he was getting adopted. “Wonwoo-ah. Are you really sure? If you don’t want to get adopted just tell them. I’m sure they wouldn’t force you.” Jun said. “Yeah I’m sure of it…we’ll see how it goes…don’t feel too sad without me okay Jun.” Wonwoo stifled a small laugh. Unexpectedly, Jun gave Wonwoo a tight hug. Wonwoo gave Jun a hug back, patting him on his back. “Let’s take a stroll around the school. Since you’re not going to be here soon…” Jun said, standing up. He held a hand out to Wonwoo, which he accepted gladly. They walked along the hallways and passed by Mingyu’s class. “Oh yah! Wonwoo-ah! Look! That boy I was talking about!” Jun whispered, pointing to a Chinese boy

Please log in to read the full chapter