Escape

Orphanage Lovers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 19- Escape

*Just a heads up! This chapter contains vulgarities. So underage kids. SHOOOOOO. Don't learn any of them!

“Won-ah! Jeon Wonwoo! Where did this rascal go to now…” Seungcheol called out, looking around the hallways. He must be at the garden! That’s where he always goes whenever he feels upset… Seungcheol walked in the direction of the garden. He saw from a distance that there were two guys, one taller than the other. The taller guy was back facing him and the shorter? Isn’t that Wonwoo? Why is he crying?! . It better not be one of those bullies… Seungcheol ran towards the taller guy, turning him around.

“Mingyu?! What are you doing here? Weren’t you supposed to be having lunch?” Seungcheol asked, looking at Wonwoo and Mingyu, back and forth.

“Hyung. You didn’t tell me that HE was in this school. I trusted you.” Mingyu spat, staring at Seungcheol.

“M-Mingyu-ah. I’ll explain to you later! I have something to tell Wonwoo for now…so excuse me.” Seungcheol looked apologetically at Mingyu, before he pulled Wonwoo’s arm, leaving the garden. The two walked in the hallways silently, Wonwoo wiping away his tears. He didn’t want anyone to see him cry. He was strong, but not really. Mingyu was one of his weakness.

“Won-ah. Did he do…anything to do?” Seungcheol asked, taking a glance at Wonwoo. Wonwoo shook his head, staying silent.

“Here. Keep this packet of orange juice in your pocket. And eat this sandwich. Jihoon’s really worried about your health. Even if you can’t finish the sandwich, at least take a few bites…” Seungcheol said, passing the sandwich and orange juice to Wonwoo. Wonwoo sighed as he intercepted both items. He slipped the orange juice into his pocket as told before unwrapping the sandwich. I really need to apologize to Jihoon when I get home…I don’t even know what’s wrong with me. Oh right. Everything started going wrong after I saw him. I thought he hated me…but what was up with his response just now though…he seemed to have a glimpse of…guilt? Nah. Jeon Wonwoo. You were the one who made the mistake. Not him. Of course he would be angry at you. Would you have forgave yourself if it was you in his shoes? Hell no. What kind of a jerk- Wonwoo snapped out of his thoughts when Seungcheol nudged him.

“Won-ah. Stop thinking so much will you. I know you’re worried about him. He’s acting like this because he hasn’t seen you ever since that day. And he is still kind of…pissed. But don’t worry. Once he comes to his senses, he’ll understand that no one was at fault. If you want to talk to him you can. But we won’t force you alright? Take your time. If you don’t want to talk to him, it’s fine too.” Seungcheol said, patting Wonwoo on his shoulder. Wonwoo nodded his head. His hyung definitely knew what to say to make him feel better. But then the thought of Mingyu’s angry face would always come to mind. The two were back in the cafeteria at 12.50pm sharp at the vending machine. Most of the freshies were there already. Except for one. Mingyu.

“Hyung. He isn’t here. What are we gonna do?” Wonwoo whispered, pulling Seungcheol away from the freshies.

“Don’t worry. You do your job. I’ll go look for him. Call me if anything crops up okay?” Seungcheol said before leaving the freshies with Wonwoo.

Wonwoo brought the freshies around the school, showing them the various classrooms, theatres, auditoriums, gyms and halls. By the time he was done with the tour, it was 1.45pm. He brought the freshies back into the auditorium they were in earlier for a debrief by the teachers in-charge. He was done with his job for the day. He was walking in the hallways when he saw a familiar backview. Jun. Wonwoo smiled brightly, as he thought of a prank. He walked swiftly pass Jun, purposely banging his shoulder. Hard. Ouch. That hurt more than I thought… Wonwoo held onto his shoulder, wincing at the pain.

“Hey. Watch where you’re- Yah! Jeon Wonwoo. It’s you. What the hell?” Jun said with a questioning look on his face. Wonwoo grinned while holding onto his shoulder.

“Haha. I just wanted to prank you. But it hurt more than I expected…” Wonwoo pouted. Jun laughed at his friend, putting an arm around his shoulder. The two walked to the building where the rooms of the clubs and societies were. They stopped right in front of the Journalism clubroom. They frequent the place twice a week, for Wonwoo to type his articles and to submit them. They don’t hang out here often because the chairman of the Journalism club, Hyuk, was the arch enemy of Jun. No one knew why, but the two just hated each other. Throwing sarcastic remarks and staring competitions whenever they saw each other. Wonwoo made sure to only bring Jun along to the room when Hyuk wasn’t around. They usually hung out at the abandoned clubroom next to Soonyoung’s dance practice room with the rest.

“So, how was your day hanging out with the freshies? Did they spazz and go nuts about Jeon sunbae’s looks?” Jun teased, a smirk on his face as he flopped his body down on the sofa.

“Yeah they did. I mean. How could they resist this face right here…” Wonwoo said, pointing to his own face. After being friends with Jun for years, he had grown to be like the boy. A little shameless at times.

“Do you want to talk about…it?” Jun approached the topic carefully. He was taking a risk. 50% Wonwoo would answer his question and spill all his feelings. 50% Wonwoo would break out into another attack or avoid the topic all at once. The second one was more likely. Wonwoo hesitated, not sure what to say.

“Can…we not talk about it first? I have something more important. I think I made Jihoon angry earlier…and he seemed pretty pissed.” Wonwoo said, taking out the orange juice packet from his pocket.

“What did you do this time round?” Jun asked. Wonwoo told Jun the entire story to which the boy just nodded his head the entire time. Wonwoo knew what he should do exactly. He wasn’t looking for a solution from Jun, he just needed an outlet to vent his frustrations. I mean getting your brother angry and meeting the one and only per

Please log in to read the full chapter