Sweetly In Love

Orphanage Lovers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 38- Sweetly In Love

The two stayed snuggled up to each other, enjoying each other’s company. No words were exchanged, only their light breathings were heard. Mingyu had gradually fell into slumber, leaving Wonwoo awake to observe and appreciate the younger’s looks. Someone knocked on the door, making Wonwoo jump up slightly. As he tried to leave the bed, Mingyu let out a soft whine at the loss of warmth. Wonwoo pulled one of his pillow, placing it in Mingyu’s embrace. The younger’s frown changed into a small smile, as he hugged the pillow for comfort. Wonwoo smiled at Mingyu, before he opened the door to see a Jihoon who looked…pretty calm?

“Why did you take so long-” Jihoon exclaimed the moment Wonwoo opened the door, but he got cut off by Wonwoo, who covered his mouth, not wanting to wake Mingyu up. Jihoon bit Wonwoo’s hand, causing the taller to whelp and retract his hand.

“What the…are you a dog or something…” Wonwoo said, narrowing his eyes at Jihoon. Jihoon tiptoed and saw Mingyu sleeping on Wonwoo’s bed. And that was when he understood the situation.

“Don’t tell me…you guys did something. And that’s why he’s so tired right now. Jeon Wonwoo…you know you’re not supposed to do something like that right?! Not when the kid is underage!” Jihoon smirked, pulling the other into his own room. Wonwoo raised his eyebrows, not understanding a word Jihoon was saying. There was a moment of silence, until a lightbulb lighted up Wonwoo’s mind.

“ you Lee Jihoon…you’re so ing dirty minded. NO! We didn’t do that okay!” Wonwoo exclaimed the moment they were inside Jihoon’s room.

“Okay whatever. Do what you want. Just…go lightly on the younger one okay. We don’t need him limping to school.” Jihoon teased once more before his expressions changed to a more serious one.

“Just stop Jihoon. He’s just next door. He can hear you!” Wonwoo said, annoyed at Jihoon’s constant tease.

“I’m the one here who’s supposed to be angry. Not you!” Jihoon snapped. Wonwoo looked down at his feet. He should have known better. Jihoon acting nice was just a cover to lure him out of his safety zone. Jihoon was busy working on his computer so Wonwoo took this chance to quietly open the door. But the younger had better ears than anyone.

“Sit your down this moment Jeon. You aren’t going anywhere.” Jihoon said, without even turning around to look. It was like he had eyes at the back of his head. Wonwoo closed his eyes, not believing that Jihoon had actually heard him despite him not making much noise.

“But we have nothing much to talk about…right…” Wonwoo said, taking a seat on Jihoon’s bed.

“Why did you punch him?” Jihoon asked, turning his chair around. He narrowed his eyes at Wonwoo, making the older gulp and move a little backwards.

“I-i…don’t know…” Wonwoo stuttered. He really didn’t know what had gotten into him. All he knew was that he felt really angry and his fist just had a mind of its own, flying into Seungcheol’s face.

“You gotta be kidding me…you got suspended for a week and about to get detention for a week. Yet you don’t know why you did it? Seriously Jeon what’s gotten into you these days? It’s like you can’t control your temper!” Jihoon scolded. Wonwoo stared at his shuffling feet.

“Yah! Are you some kid? Why can’t you talk now?” Jihoon shouted. Wonwoo flinched at the loud voice, still not looking up.

“It’s…not like skipping school for a week would kill me…what I did was stand up for you…” Wonwoo mumbled.

“What did you say?! Speak up you kid!” Jihoon exclaimed.

“Don’t get mad…I just wanted to teach him a lesson for you.” Wonwoo sighed.

“Can I whack some sense into you?! Yah! I didn’t ask you to do anything! Stop getting yourself into trouble for god’s sake…” Jihoon yelled. He was about to whack Wonwoo on his head when a taller figure ran and stood in front of Wonwoo, holding up an arm to stop Jihoon’s arm.

“Ahh hyung hyung hyung! Relax! Calm down! Wonnie was doing it for you! Please don’t hit my boyfriend! He might become really stupid because of your hits! Hit me instead if you want to vent your anger!” Mingyu said, holding his arms out trying to protect Wonwoo from Jihoon. The shorter’s eyes widened.

“…did you just say…boyfriend?! Yah Jeon Wonwoo! Since when did all this happen?! Speak up! Why are you so silent today when you have so many things to say usually!” Jihoon shouted.

“…it just happened…today…before you started scolding me…” Wonwoo said, hiding behind Mingyu’s tall figure.

“Great…now we have 2 idiots together. The world is ending well…real well…” Jihoon sighed, ruffling his hair.

“If you have nothing more to say…then we’re going back to my room!” Wonwoo said, pulling Mingyu’s hand. Jihoon couldn’t believe his eyes and ears. Jeon Wonwoo was becoming a brat as the days went pass. And he could only blame himself for spoiling the boy after all these years. When it was dinnertime, the three boys gathered at the dining table and ate quickly. Aunt Soomin liked Mingyu so much, she kept giving him more food. And the boy happily finished them all. When they were done, they all retreated back into their own rooms.

“Wonnie-ah…it’s getting kind of late…I gotta go back before Chan calls the cop to say that I went missing…” Mingyu said, as he played with Wonwoo’s hair. The two were lying on the bed, enjoying each other's company.

“B-but…can’t you stay for the night…? It’s late like you said…it’ll be dangerous for you to go back on your own…” Wonwoo pouted, gently tugging on Mingyu’s tie.

“Well…it sounds like a good plan. But I didn’t bring extra uniform…” Mingyu said, holding onto Wonwoo’s hand.

“I can lend you mine…it’s a little small…but it’s better than nothing?” Wonwoo said, rubbing Mingyu’s thumb with his own.

“…fine…but only today. Because you’re feeling down…” Mingyu grinned.

“Yah…don’t make me your excuse again…admit it. You want to stay don’t you…” Wonwoo teased, pinching Mingyu’s cheeks.

“Don’t expose me like that…” Mingyu said, blushing a deep shade of red.

“But you look cute when you blush…so nope. I’ll do this more often.” Wonwoo said, earning a gentle hit on his chest from the younger. Mingyu went to take a shower while Wonwoo found a hoodie and shorts that were of a bigger size. When Mingyu returned in Wonwoo’s clothes, the older burst out laughing.

“Hahahahahahaha. Why do you look so cute? It’s still a little small for you!” Wonwoo laughed while Mingyu closed the door with a pout.

“Stop being mean to me…or I’m leaving…” Mingyu said, pout still evident on his face.

“Alright alright…Let’s go to bed…my puppy might turn into a panda…” Wonwoo grinned, pulling the younger along with him into bed. As the two laid in bed, Mingyu had to wrap his leg around the older because it was too long. It would dangle off the bed. The two fell asleep in each other’s embrace, appreciating the warmth that the other was radiating. When the alarm rang the next day, the younger turned it off, not wanting to get up at all. Wonwoo, on the other hand, got up and washed up. The

Please log in to read the full chapter