Apologize

Orphanage Lovers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 36- Apologize

“Oh! Won-ah! Are you feeling much better?” Joshua asked as the two stepped into the café. He raised his eyebrows as he looked at Wonwoo and Mingyu’s hands which were interlocked. Wonwoo blushed upon seeing how Joshua was literally judging him.

“Uh. Yeah hyung! Thanks for your concern.” Wonwoo said, before letting go of Mingyu’s hand and he ran away into the employees’ room.

“Oh ho…Kim Mingyu…” Joshua said, as he waggled his eyebrows at Mingyu. Mingyu grinned brightly before going back into the employees’ room where Wonwoo was.

“Why did you run away…” Mingyu whined as he plopped his body onto the sofa next to Wonwoo.

“H-huh…nothing I just wanted to quickly change out of our school uniform to help Joshua hyung. He looks pretty busy.” Wonwoo said, before jumping out of his seat.

“But the café is so empty now…ahhhh…are you embarrassed that he saw us holding hands?” Mingyu teased. Wonwoo said nothing but the blush on his face spoke for him. The older quickly changed into his work uniform and as he was tying the apron around his waist, Mingyu crept behind the other and assisted him in tying the apron.

“Hey guys- Oh . Sorry. Maybe later…” One of the other employee turned around exiting the room when he realized that he was walking into one of their moments. Wonwoo glared at Mingyu, who raised his hands in defense.

“Let’s keep our hands to ourselves. While we’re at work. This is going to get really. Really awkward.” Wonwoo blushed as he walked out and took over Joshua’s shift. Mingyu grinned. He knew he had an effect on the older, and he was going to use it to his advantage for sure. Mingyu then got to work. He was officially the barista of the café alongside another part timer, now that Doyoon has left for good. Mingyu would glance at Wonwoo subtly when the other wasn’t looking. Soon, their shift had ended. Normally they would end their shifts when the café was closing but recently Jeonghan had managed to find more help so they didn’t have to stay as long. As much as Jeonghan wanted their help, he wanted them to concentrate on their studies as well.

“Can I hang out at your house today?” Mingyu asked, as the two were walking to the nearby bubbletea shop. Wonwoo agreed in a nonchalant manner. As they walked into the shop, both regretted immediately. They didn’t expect to see the other two hanging out there as well.

“Oh hey Won! What’re you doing here?” Sejun asked, getting up from his seat.

“Erm…I just ended my shift for today…I was about to get some bubbletea…with my friend.” Wonwoo hesitated. He saw that Sejun was not alone. And that guy was the same guy he saw at the music shop the previous time with Jihoon. Wonwoo pulled Mingyu towards the counter, but the younger kept glaring at Sejun’s company.

“Hey…what’s wrong?” Wonwoo asked, looking at Mingyu with concern.

“N-nothing…who’s this guy?” Mingyu asked, scanning Sejun from head to toe.

“Won-ah. Can I speak to you in private for a moment?” Sejun asked, as he smiled guiltily at Mingyu. Mingyu looked at Wonwoo with his puppy eyes, seeming to ask the older not to leave him alone, but Wonwoo gave him an apologetic smile instead.

“Mingyu-ah. I’ll be right back okay! You get your order first!” Wonwoo said before walking out of the shop with Sejun. Mingyu couldn’t keep his eyes off Wonwoo. He watched the older speak with Sejun and he was felt…weird? He was angry but not really angry at Wonwoo. He couldn’t identify the feeling as well. Was it jealousy?

“So…who’s the new boy toy?” Hanse asked as he stood next to Mingyu, who had now turned his attention to the person next to him.

“He. Isn’t. A. Toy. I don’t play with another person’s feeling like a ing bastard did for some god damn bet.” Mingyu growled, making space between him and Hanse.

“Well. Then I guess you’re the toy in this situation again…That guy right there speaking to your friend? That’s my childhood best friend. And if I were to tell you something. It’s that my hyung gets everything he wants. You? As competition? If hyung were to really compete against you for that guy. I bet all my money that the toy there gets stolen away from you within a month.” Hanse said, smirking.

“Well…if you’re lonely and need some company once you get dumped again. You can always call me. I’m pretty free right now.” Hanse said, putting his arms around Mingyu’s shoulder.

“ off you dirty piece of crap. Don’t you even dare lay a finger on me or Wonwoo.” Mingyu said, shrugging Hanse’s arm away. At that very moment, Wonwoo walked back into the shop and Sejun had this very bright smile on his face. Like he won the lottery.

“I’ll see you in school tomorrow then? Bye Won! And bye…erm…Won’s friend.” Sejun said before he grabbed his bag and pulled Hanse along out of the shop. Mingyu and Wonwoo got their drinks and were walking to Wonwoo’s house. Silence filled the air between the two. Mingyu had so many questions he wanted to ask Wonwoo. But he didn’t know whether he had the rights to ask. Afterall, they were special best friends. Not boyfriends. Wonwoo still had privacy rights. But it was driving Mingyu nuts. He didn’t want Wonwoo to be close to another guy except for himself.

“Erm…Mingyu-ah? Are you okay? You seem to have quieten down a lot after getting our bubbleteas…are you tired? I can send you home first.” Wonwoo said, tugging on Mingyu’s arm. He felt like the younger was distancing himself. Mingyu liked skinship a lot, so when he wasn’t holding onto Wonwoo’s hand, he would have an arm around Wonwoo’s shoulder. But all of a sudden, Mingyu seemed to have cut all contact.

“H-huh…no…I was just wondering…” Mingyu muttered under his breath. Wonwoo’s eyebrows creased together.

“About?” Wonwoo asked as he led them to a park nearby, wanting them to talk without any disturbance.

“That guy? Who was that?” Mingyu asked, looking at his shoes as if they were the most interesting thing in the entire world.

“Ahhh…that’s…Sejun…my new deskmate…” Wonwoo said hesitantly. Mingyu’s eyes widened. Wait. He knew that Sejun was back but he didn’t know that Wonwoo’s new deskmate was that guy.

“W-what? Your new deskmate?! Why didn’t you tell me?” Mingyu questioned, his pupils flaring.

“I…mean…he’s just my deskmate…nothing more…” Wonwoo said. Mingyu sighed, convincing himself that Wonwoo was right. I mean there’s nothing wrong with having your old friend as your deskmate. Byungchan was his old friend and new deskmate too right?

“Then…what did he say to you just now? Outside the shop.” Mingyu asked.

“He said…that he just wanted to be friends and hang out…like we did in middle school…” Wonwoo said.

“And you said yes?!” Mingyu raised his voice slightly.

“Yeah I did…why are you raising your voice?” Wonwoo asked, turning around to look at Mingyu with a narrowing gaze.

“Did you forget that he was the one that caused you those panic attacks?! And you’re just going to hang out with him?” Mingyu argued.

“Look. If you don’t want me to hang out with him. Say so. I don’t get why you’re losing your temper at me?! Plus we used to be friends so I don’t see why I can’t hang out with him?” Wonwoo retorted, looking at Mingyu as if he just said the most ridiculous thing.

“It’s just…Hanse said something like Sejun wants to chase you and snatch you away from me. And then you would just dump me…” Mingyu said, his voice calming down a little after he realized that Wonwoo was getting mad.

“You don’t trust me…but you trust Hanse?! Oh yeah. Hanse. Your ex. Right. I guess listening to your ex is better than trusting your “special best friend” huh. Oh yeah. We’re just best friends, different from what you and Hanse used to be right? I mean hell yeah lovers over best friend.” Wonwoo spat, his tone cold as he used his hand to quote the words ‘special best friend’. Mingyu gasped. Wonwoo had never used such a cold tone on him before. And this only meant one thing. The older was getting really mad.

“N

Please log in to read the full chapter