Our First...

Orphanage Lovers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 40- Our First…

The next few days passed uneventfully. Wonwoo cooped at home, playing videos games and whatnot, trying to occupy his time. Mingyu on the other hand started having after school basketball practice and he couldn’t hang out with Wonwoo as much. It was only on Friday, when both had the same working schedule. Wonwoo prepared to get to work, excited to finally step out of his house after staying in for so long. He spread his arms, taking in the sunlight and breathing in the fresh air. The thought of seeing Mingyu after so many days made Wonwoo’s heart flutter. Was he falling in love? But wasn’t it too fast? Wonwoo dismissed those thoughts as he made his way to the café.

“Hey Wonwoo! Thanks for dropping by early. Some event cropped up at the very last minute. Sorry. I’ll return you the favour another day okay!” Joshua said as he patted Wonwoo’s shoulder. Wonwoo smiled, nodding his head before he changed into the uniform. Wonwoo stood at the counter, observing the customers in the café. There were a few couples, a few groups of students. It was Friday so everyone were out relaxing. When Wonwoo was busy daydreaming, a very familiar girl stood at the counter, waiting for him to take her order.

“Ahem! Excuse me?” The girl made her presence known, startling Wonwoo.

“Oh! Sorry! May I take your order?” Wonwoo asked, snapping out of his trance.

“Yeah…can we have 3 orders of hot chocolate please.” The girl said, as she scanned the café.

“Sure…” Wonwoo said. Oh. This was that girl who approached him the other day. The one who was looking for Mingyu. She came along with her friends today. When Wonwoo was collecting the payment, the girl’s friend spoke up.

“Hi…can I borrow something from you?” the girl asked. She had long black luscious hair, flowing all the way to her hips. Her eyes were slightly smaller than her friend, but it looked sharp. Wonwoo raised his eyebrows, before saying a soft ‘what is it’.

“Can I borrow a kiss? I promise to return it.” The girl said, winking at him. Wonwoo was taken aback. No one had ever hit on him. And definitely no one used a pick-up line on him before. The closest he had were sweet remarks.

“Erm. Excuse me. But he’s taken.” Mingyu announced as he entered the café, with his bag swung on one of his shoulder. He was drenched in sweat as he was baked under the hot sun. Wonwoo’s mouth agape with incredulity. He hadn’t seen Mingyu in days, and now when he finally did, the younger looked incredibly hot.

“Oppa! I was waiting for you! Why didn’t you text me after that day? I was waiting for your message so badly…” The girl with brown hair said, tugging on Mingyu’s arm. Wonwoo looked at the scene unfolding in front of his eyes. This girl was holding his boyfriend. How dare she. If Wonwoo wasn’t working, he probably would have jumped on her and ripped out her hair.

“I’m sorry. But do I know you? I don’t text strangers…” Mingyu said, pulling his arm out of the girl’s grasp.

“It’s okay! My name is Nayeon! What about you oppa?” The girl said, still trying to keep her contact with Mingyu.

“My name is none of your concern. I have a boyfriend and my job’s waiting for me. So excuse me.” Mingyu said. He was annoyed at the girl’s constant disturbing. When he looked at Wonwoo, the older looked. Pretty pissed? Wonwoo tried to keep a straight face, but he couldn’t. The girl, named Nayeon apparently, was sticking to his boyfriend. And he didn’t like it. Only he could do that to Mingyu. The girls then moved to their table, as the Nayeon girl pouted, staring at Mingyu’s back view as he walked into the employee’s room. When Mingyu got back out, Nayeon made another move. She stood right before the coffee counter and watched Mingyu do his work.

“What do you want now? You’ve gotten your drinks. Please don’t block the way. Other customers need their drink too.” Mingyu said, his forehead creasing as the girl stubbornly stood before him.

“All I want is your number and attention oppa…” Nayeon said, pouting at Mingyu.

“I already told you that I have a boyfriend. A really hot, cute and good looking one at that.” Mingyu said, trying to get the girl to go away.

“Oppa you’re just confused. I’m sure if you go on a date with me, you’ll realize that you don’t actually like guys.” Nayeon continued.

“Look. I don’t understand why you keep doing this. My boyfriend is just standing right there, and I’m trying my best not to walk over there and drown him in my kisses. You? I just can’t wait for you to leave.” Mingyu exclaimed, pointing at his boyfriend who was standing at the counter, pretending like he didn’t hear a single word. Wonwoo overheard the entire conversation. His cheeks were burning and his cheekbones were so high from smiling. He was so proud of Mingyu. Nayeon then went back to her table, fuming mad.

“Babe. Did I do well?” Mingyu whispered into Wonwoo’s ear, making the hair on the older’s nape stand. He s his hands from behind around Wonwoo’s waist. Wonwoo didn’t need to turn around to know that a smirk was plastered on Mingyu’s face. The younger loved teasing him. Especially in public.

“Get back to work Kim Mingyu.” Wonwoo instructed, hitting Mingyu’s hand. The younger whined as he pulled his hands away. But before Mingyu could walk away, Wonwoo turned around and pulled him by his hand.

“I’m so proud of you. Now get back to work.” Wonwoo said after he placed a kiss on Mingyu’s hand. Wonwoo was embarrassed at himself for doing that in public, especially when Nayeon’s eyes were on the two of them. But he was just doing what he needed to. Mingyu’s face brightened up and his mouth curved up into a smile. Upon seeing the two act so sweetly, Nayeon stomped out of the café with her friends. Wonwoo shrugged and went back to doing his own stuff. The rest of their shift went on as usual, no more weird girls approaching them with cheesy pick-up lines.

“Babeeeeeee…don’t you miss me? We were apart for so many days…” Mingyu whined the moment they stepped out of the café, done with work for the week.

“Hmmm…just a little?” Wonwoo teased, keeping a straight face on. Truth was he missed the younger a lot. More than he expected himself to.

“Just a little?! We didn’t see each other for almost 5 days and you just miss me a little?! I hate you.” Mingyu pouted, folding his arms.

“Ohh…you hate me? Okay…then I think I better get going home.” Wonwoo teased once more, moving away from Mingyu, distancing himself.

“I was just kidding…but did you really not miss me?” Mingyu asked seriously. Wonwoo looked at the younger’s expression. He looked…a little sad.

“I was just playing with you. Of course I missed you!” Wonwoo smiled, wrapping his arms around Mingyu’s waist. He pulled the younger closer, but his body was limp, not returning the hug.

“…yah…are you mad at me again

Please log in to read the full chapter