Emotions and thoughts

Orphanage Lovers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 10- Emotions and thoughts

Wonwoo sat soullessly in class. He was alone because Jun was nowhere to be found and he was having the boring History lesson right at this moment. He really couldn’t care less who started World War I and II. “Mr Jeon. I advise you to take some notes down. There’s no way that all this information can automatically diffuse into your brain. Carry on with your daydreaming, you would fail the next History test for sure.” 3B’s strict History teacher, Mr Yoon said. I wonder what Mingyu and Seokmin are up to…Seokmin isn’t the kind who would do badly for a quiz…I remember Seungcheol hyung telling me that though. Anything was interesting enough to take Wonwoo’s mind off History. Even Kim Mingyu. “Mr Jeon! This is the 3rd time I’m calling you for this lesson. That’s it. You can go kneel outside the class with your arm up. Now. Until the end of our lesson.” Mr Yoon instructed, pointing to the door. Wonwoo was shocked at how cruel his History teacher could be. His leg was feeling much better just the past few days. Wonwoo sighed before walking out of the class, kneeling in the hallways. He held one of his arm up, with his head hanging low. He was glad Jun was not in class at this moment because the boy would have enjoyed this moment so much. He would have taken pictures of him. Wonwoo laughed at himself. He was growing attached to the other boy’s company. “Yah. Wonwoo-ah. What are you doing here? Are you getting punished?” Soonyoung asked, squatting down to Wonwoo’s level. “Well…staying out here’s better than staying in there. The lesson is boring holes into my brain.” Wonwoo told the other boy. Soonyoung grinned, “Wah. Can’t tell that you were such a bad boy huh. Let me stay here with you then. Math lesson isn’t my cup of tea either.” Wonwoo laughed, nodding his head to let Soonyoung stay with him.

“Wonwoo-ah. Can I ask you a few questions?” Soonyoung asked carefully. “Hmm?” Wonwoo hummed, giving Soonyoung the ‘Go’ sign to shoot his questions. “How are you settling in?” Soonyoung asked, resting his shoulder against Wonwoo’s. The two were now sitting on the ground, entirely forgetting the main reason why Wonwoo was out here. “I think I’m settling in fine? You guys may not be able to replace my mum’s position in my heart, but you guys are definitely my second family. Just like siblings I never had.” “Kwon Soonyoung. Jeon Wonwoo.” A strict voice called out across the hallway. Afraid that it might be a teacher, both Soonyoung and Wonwoo went back on their knees immediately, holding their arms ups, head looking down. “We’re sorry!” both boys said together. “Puhahahahaha!” The person burst out laughing. The two boys looked up to see Jihoon laughing at them, resting his hands on his legs. “Yah! You almost gave me a heart attack.” Soonyoung exclaimed, placing his hand over his heart. Wonwoo sniggered as he watched Soonyoung hit Jihoon. The two were always acting like Tom and Jerry. Jihoon tried to avoid Soonyoung and he ran behind Wonwoo, pushing him to the front like a shield. The three ended up chasing each other in circles, mainly Wonwoo trying to push Jihoon away and Soonyoung chasing after Jihoon. “Ah. I’m tired. Let’s stop.” Wonwoo said, before sitting back down on the ground. “Why are you tired so easily? Such a sloth.” Soonyoung said, before settling down to the left of Wonwoo. “OOOH. We found a nickname for you. Sloth.” Jihoon teased, elbowing Wonwoo’s side gently as he sat on the right. “What were you guys talking about before I came?” Jihoon asked, wanting to partake in the previous conversation. The two looked pretty serious about it.

“We were talking about how easily irritated you were whenever someone tries to converse with you.” Soonyoung said, trying to test Jihoon’s limits once again. Jihoon shot daggers at him through his eyes. He had no more energy left to fight with Soonyoung any longer, so he decided to let it drop for once. “We were just talking about me…Oh yeah. I have a question for you guys too. Anyone has an idea what Seokmin and Mingyu is up to? They seemed rather suspicious just now…and they have been acting rather strangely back home too. I saw them doing something with Seungkwan yesterday.” Wonwoo asked the two, hoping to get some clues. “Nah. I have no idea. You shouldn’t bother too much about those 3 aliens. They’re always up to something. All they’re missing now is Mr Kwon Soonyoung.” Jihoon said smoothly. As Wonwoo was spacing out for a moment, Soonyoung quietly signalled a thumbs up to Jihoon. Jihoon had to answer Wonwoo because he knew Soonyoung wouldn’t do a good job keeping a secret. “You don’t think…those two are doing something bad right.” Wonwoo asked, turning to Jihoon. “Why aren’t you asking me? I can tell you something too! Don’t worry. Everything will be revealed next-” Soonyoung blabbered until Jihoon smacked his head. Hard. “Huh? What did you say?” Wonwoo questioned, looking at Soonyoung clueless. “Ah…nothing. Just ask Jihoon.” Soonyoung said, looking at the ground while rubbing his head. Jihoon gave him a full swing on the head, it was like a homerun. “Jihoon-ah. Those two aren’t doing anything bad. Right?” Wonwoo was looking more concerned than ever at this point in time. “No way. Seungcheol would whack them hard if they ever did. Just don’t mind them.” Jihoon said. “Oh yah. Wonwoo-ah. Talk to you later. We need to get back to class. We might get into trouble. Bell’s about to ring!” Jihoon said, dragging Soonyoung with him. Wonwoo looked at his watch, it was only 1.30pm. There’s still half an hour of lessons though. He pouted, not having anyone to talk to now. He really wished Jun was around. Even if he was there to make fun of Wonwoo.

“Yah. You almost let the secret out. What is wrong with you? Those two kids really worked hard for his celebration. Especially Mingyu. I have never seen him work this hard in his entire life.” Jihoon said, after they were out of Wonwoo’s sight. Soonyoung apologized, rubbing his hands together begging for Jihoon not to tell anyone about it. Jihoon had a smirk on his face, “Fine. I wouldn’t tell how you almost screwed up. Unless. You promise to do my laundry till next week.” Soonyoung’s jaw dropped. He never saw this coming. “But if I do that I will have lesser time to play with the rest…which is fine because I don’t need play right?” Soonyoung changed his attitude halfway through his sentence when he saw Jihoon signalling a gun to his head. Let’s just say Jihoon has Soonyoung wrapped around his fingers. Jihoon may not act like it, but Soonyoung knows that Jihoon treasures him a lot. As a brother. Nothing more, nothing

Please log in to read the full chapter