Coming Out

Orphanage Lovers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 26- Coming Out

Wonwoo couldn’t attend school. Well of course not when he was in such a state. While he was home, he decided to reminisce some old memories. But he was not pleased when he found out that someone had been touching his stuff. He was looking for his diary that he placed neatly between some other books. But it wasn’t there. Someone must have touched my diary. Pretty sure it was between these two adventure novels previously. But who? No way…Kim Mingyu?! No wonder he looked so darn guilty yesterday. And he was standing right by my table. Wonwoo opened the other drawer and he saw his diary there. It was opened, to the page where Mingyu last read. . He knows now. . Now he’s probably going to stay away from me huh. Because he finally found out that I’m gay. Great.

Meanwhile in school…

Jun was supposed to have his first few lessons with Wonwoo. But since he wasn’t in school, Jun didn’t feel like attending classes. He made his way to the abandoned clubroom where their group always hung out at. And he was surprised to see Jihoon there.

“What’re you doing here? Skipping lessons?” Jun asked, raising his eyebrows at Jihoon.

“Thanks for stating the fact captain obvious.” The smaller smirked, as he sat up from his previous lying position.

“Well…Wonwoo isn’t going to be very happy if he finds out that we’re here at this timing.” Jun said, laying down on the sofa, whipping out his phone.

“Oh come on Jun. Stop being so whipped will you. I will never understand why you had a crush on this slow, stupid and socially awkward sloth. You have tons of girls and guys chasing after you. But you don’t even take a single look at them.” Jihoon said, as he took out his laptop, placing it on his lap. Jun let out a sigh. They’ve been through this conversation lots of time. That’s right. The great and handsome Jun. Had a crush on Wonwoo. But only Jihoon knew. What about Wonwoo? Wonwoo is a person who would never notice things like this. Because he was that dumb when it comes to something called feelings.

“That’s not being whipped. I just…don’t want him to be upset or anything. Plus gotta keep an eye on him right?” Jun said, trying to avoid the topic of him having a crush on Wonwoo. But hell no. Jihoon would never. Ever. Let it go.

“Jun. I just don’t get you. Why can’t you let him go already? We’ve been through this so many times already. Remember Sejun? That guy from middle school? Don’t think I didn’t notice how upset you were whenever they hung out. And you even pretended to be sick just to avoid classes with them.” Jihoon said, noticing the wince on Jun’s face.

“Okay fine. You say that you love him so if he’s happy, then you will be too. But I think you should just brave up courage and tell him how you truly feel or just pretend like you feel nothing. You know this thing between you and Wonwoo is getting more complicated. Initially it was only Sejun. Now? Mingyu is in the picture. Mind you, they were so close, they were practically joined at the hips back then. If you’re not going to do anything, you will only end up hurt and make things awkward between you and Wonwoo.” Jihoon lectured. Jun blanked out, not knowing what to say. He was still pondering over what Jihoon said previously. About telling Wonwoo his feelings. But Jihoon is right…Mingyu’s in the picture now. But I can’t possibly just keep watching the two of them be so close…it really hurts me more than it seems. I need an excuse to be away for when I can’t handle the pain anymore…telling Wonwoo would be a sensible idea in this case. . I don’t know…how would Won react if I told him…

“Jihoon-ah. How was it like for you and Seungcheol hyung last time? Like who confessed first?” Jun asked.

“W-what? What are you asking me that now…” Jihoon muttered, his face burning up. Jun snickered. He knew Jihoon would never answer this question.

“But if me answering your question helps…promise me you’ll man up and do something bout your feelings for him?” Jihoon said, closing his laptop, looking at Jun sincerely in the eye. Jun hesitated, before nodding his head.

“To be honest. I never saw Seungcheol hyung more than a brother at first. When we were in the orphanage, he would always take care of us like his little brothers. After I left the orphanage, somehow he managed to get the numbers of Aunt Soomin and Uncle Junmin. So we still stayed in contact. And when we finally met again in high school, he got so protective over me? And one day he just told me that he really liked me. I was stunned back then because I really had no idea. He then convinced me that I should try going out with him and if I really didn’t like it, he would just give up. And that’s kind of how we ended up like this…” Jihoon explained.

“Wait…so you didn’t had any feelings for Seungcheol hyung at first?! What about now?” Jun asked. He had no idea about that part.

“Well I find him kinda sweet and he’s really nice to me. But…I’m still not sure if he’s the one for me…” Jihoon said, looking down on the ground.

“So…you guys aren’t actually together? Are you serious right now Lee Jihoon?!” Jun exclaimed.

“What I’m about to tell you…is a secret. I didn’t even tell Wonwoo this. So keep your mouth absolutely shut. I have a feeling those feelings Seungcheol hyung has for me is just an infatuation. These days he just doesn’t seem to be that interested in hanging out with me any longer. That’s why I’m asking you to clear your mind! Are you sure that the feelings you have for Wonwoo is more than a friend and not just jealousy? Don’t burden someone else by telling them that you have feelings for them and then eventually find out that it isn’t actual love. ” Jihoon asked, shaking Jun by his shoulder. That question got Jun thinking. Real hard. The two spent their entire day in the clubroom doing their own things. Jun, staring at his phone, still figuring out his feelings. And Jihoon continued with his unfinished songs. When the bell rang for dismissal, the two went separate ways. Jun had martial arts training today and Jihoon just wanted to get away from school. As Jihoon was approaching the gates, he felt someone following him. When he turned around, he was faced with a Mingyu who was smiling goofily.

“What do you want Kim Mingyu?” Jihoon asked, crossing his arms.

“Ayyy. Hyung. Don’t be so mean…I just wanted to follow you home to visit Wonnie.” Mingyu said, as he raised both arms.

“Who said you could come over?” Jihoon asked, looking Mingyu from head to toe.

“Oh come on! I’m sure Wonnie needs more company to get better soon! So hyung! Shall we go pack some food before heading to your house?” Mingyu asked, already pulling Jihoon out of school by his arm. The two ended up taking out Chinese food and as they stepped into the house, they realized someone was sitting in the living room watching TV.

“We’re home. An

Please log in to read the full chapter