Let's Talk

Orphanage Lovers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 22- Let’s Talk

The next few hours passed really quickly, and there were a few other freshmen who signed up for the Journalism club. It was always like this. During the sign ups, there would be quite a number. But after the first meetings, they would back out due to the lack of interest or the overwhelming commitments. It was 3pm already, and the fair had ended an hour ago. Wonwoo helped Hyuk to pack some of the stuff before carrying them back to the clubroom.

“Thanks for the help Wonwoo! I’m really sorry bout this morning man. Didn’t mean to do that…you know right?” Hyuk said as the two were settled down on the sofa in the clubroom resting.

“Yeah hyung…I know how it feels like fighting with someone…” Wonwoo said.

“Look Wonwoo. I may not know what happened between you and that kid, but I can tell he really wants to work things out between you two. Don’t blame me for being a busybody but just give him a chance will you? Remember how I hated Hongbin for his playboy reputation last year? And you told me to give him a chance. And that was how we ended up together. Can’t you give that poor boy a chance too?” Hyuk asked, looking at Wonwoo sincerely. He wanted Wonwoo to know that he wasn’t teasing him. It was pure concern.

“Hyung…it was really easy to give others’ advice. But when I have to do it myself…it’s really hard…” Wonwoo said, looking down at his shoes as if they were the most interesting thing in the world.

“Okay…but Wonwoo-ah. Just put down whatever happened in the past. Live in the moment. Who knows what’s going to happen the next day. If you don’t treasure him at this moment, someone else might come along and take him away for all you know.” Hyuk adviced, patting Wonwoo on his shoulder. Wonwoo nodded his head before thanking Hyuk and he slung his bag over his shoulder. He pondered over the advice Hyuk gave him as he was making his way to the gates.

Hyuk sunbae is right…I should forget about the past. But Mingyu…I feel really bad about what I did to him…I need to apologize. Maybe after that we can be friends. Again. Let me ask someone who knows this situation a little better…but who though? No Jun or Jihoon…Ah…Joshua hyung? Maybe he can help. That’s right! Joshua hyung is the best at giving advices! Wonwoo thought to himself. As he approached the gates, he saw Jun waiting impatiently, whipping out his phone. Wonwoo’s phone vibrated and when he took it out of his pocket, he saw that Jun was calling him.

“Jeon Wonwoo. Where on earth are you? We’re about to be late!” Jun hollered over the phone.

“I’m here already stupid! Look behind you.” Wonwoo replied, whacking Jun across the back on his head.

“You’re getting really violent lately! Seriously Jeon. I need to have a word with Jihoon. What has he been giving you at home?” Jun said, rubbing the back of his head. Wonwoo sniggered as he walked down the path that leads to the café. During the journey, Jun was busy talking about the freshies who appeared for the try outs during the fair.

“Guess who I saw?” Jun asked, looking at Wonwoo for an answer. The boy shrugged his shoulders before looking at Jun for the answer.

“Remember Minghao? From Pledis Primary?” Jun asked, trying to get Wonwoo to recall.

“Ahhhhh! That boy you had a crush on?” Wonwoo said. He may or may not have said it out loud on purpose.

“Do you have a death wish you stupid Jeon? Plus, it was a dumb crush. I was just a kid.” Jun asked before whacking Wonwoo on his shoulder. Wonwoo let out a loud cry, before he rubbed his shoulder. Wonwoo started chasing Jun to the café, swearing that he would whack Jun so hard on his shoulder it would dislocate. And as expected, the sloth lost to the martial arts kid.

“Joshua hyungggggggggg! I think I have a bruise on my shoulder from all the whackings and bumpings I had today!” Wonwoo whined and pouted as he stepped into the café. Joshua let out a small laugh as Wonwoo stepped behind the counter.

“Let me take a look. I’m sure it’s nothing- Yah! Did Jun do this to you?! The bruise is pretty bad! Moon Jun Hui. Get here this moment!” Joshua hollered as he examined Wonwoo’s shoulder.

“Erm. Excuse me. The sight in front is pretty darn amazing but I would like to order something?” A deep familiar voice called out, tapping the counter, trying to get the attention of Joshua and Wonwoo.

“Oh I’m sorry! Oh?! Mingyu-ah! What are you doing here?” Joshua questioned as he turned around, wanting to take the order.

“Hehe hi Joshua hyung! I’m in Pledis High now! The one near this café! Just hanging out with my new classmates!” Mingyu said, still eyeing Wonwoo’s revealed shoulder. Wonwoo hurriedly pulled his shirt, covering himself before running off into the back of the café. Joshua took Mingyu’s order before heading over to their table to chat with him. Afterall, Wonwoo was going to take over Joshua’s shift.

“Aish. What the hell is he doing here?! Give me a break already will you god…” Wonwoo cursed as he opened his locker and changed into his work attire.

“Will you stop talking to yourself? People are going to start thinking that you’re crazy.” Jun teased, with a smile on his face.

“It’s your god damn fault. Urgh. Now I have a freaking bruise!” Wonwoo exclaimed, whacking Jun on his shoulder. Hard.

“Ahhh! Jeon Wonwoo! Did you go for some kind of boxing class?! Your hits are getting stronger these days. Seriously.” Jun shouted, rubbing his shoulders.

“Let’s just say karma served you pretty darn hard. Hmph.” Wonwoo said before stomping out. As Wonwoo stood behind the counter, he saw Joshua and Mingyu chatting happily. Until. Mingyu saw Wonwoo. And he didn’t stop staring at Wonwoo.

“Yah! Won-ah! An order! For table…17.” Jun nudged Wonwoo, passing a few plates over.

“Can’t you do it? I don’t want to…look who’s sitting there. Urghhhh….” Wonwoo whined, pushing the plates back to Jun.

“Ayyyy. Just do it Won. I’ll be watching you from here. If he does anything funny, I’ll run over and kick his . I promise. Just go already!” Jun said, pushing the tray towards Wonwoo. There was no escape this time round. Mingyu smirked as Wonwoo walked towards their table with the tray.

“Oh! Wonwoo hyung! I didn’t know you worked here?” Eunwoo greeted as Wonwoo placed the plates of food in front of them. Wonwoo smiled sheepishly, wanting to escape from the table as soon as possible.

“Mingyu-ah! Maybe you should apply for a job here? They’re hiring!” Jinyoung said, nudging Mingyu.

“No! No! You can’t!” Wonwoo shouted almost immediately.

“Why not?” Junsoo asked, raising his eyebrows.

“Errr. They have requirements for working here. So no. I don’t think you can apply.” Wonwoo made a lame excuse.

“Don’t worry Wonwoo-ah. I’m sure Jeonghan wouldn’t mind letting Mingyu work here. Mingyu-ah. Just apply if you want to. Jeonghannie would just ask you a few ques

Please log in to read the full chapter