We Need To Talk

Orphanage Lovers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 48- We Need To Talk

“I’ll see you in school babe! The bus is here!” Mingyu grinned, hanging up the call. Wonwoo and Mingyu made sure to call each other in the morning if they weren’t together. The two spent the entire weekends in Wonwoo’s house, lazing around. Mingyu didn’t want to leave initially, but Seungcheol insisted because it had been a few days since he went back and Mr and Mrs Choi were worried. As Mingyu alighted from the bus, walking into the school, a very familiar girl came into sight. He tried his best to avoid her but his tall height only made his presence obvious.

“Morning Mingyu!” Nayeon greeted. Mingyu rolled his eyes, speeding up.

“Why are you in such a bad mood? Anyways I’m here to cheer you up!” Nayeon smiled happily, hooking her arm with Mingyu’s.

“Don’t think that I don’t know what you’ve been doing behind my back.” Mingyu spoke, glaring at Nayeon as he moved his arm away. They stopped walking, and now most of the attention in the hallway has been directed to them.

“What do you mean?” Nayeon questioned. It can’t be…right?

“I know you were the one who hurt my baby…” Mingyu spat. Nayeon remained silent, her expressions froze.

“How would I know? Because on Friday, before Wonwoo appeared, you came running to the gates like you knew I was waiting for him there. And you even asked me where Wonwoo was. That was so suspicious. How did you even know that I was supposed to be meeting him? Unless you met him…and then when he came you started to kiss me, while looking at Wonwoo…don’t think I didn’t see that. And that scratch on his face? It definitely didn’t come from whatever excuse he said. It was you.” Mingyu growled.

“W-what are you t-talking about?” Nayeon stuttered, shocked that Mingyu had somehow guessed whatever happened.

“It doesn’t matter what I’m talking about. Just stay away from my boyfriend. And stop sticking onto me. I’ve told you so many times that I don’t like girls. Especially ones like yourself. Don’t even think about hurting Wonwoo again, because I’ll be next to him every moment.” Mingyu snarled before walking away. Everyone in the hallways were staring and whispering about Nayeon getting rejected by Mingyu. It made her blood boil as she stomped out.

 

At the same moment, Jihoon and Wonwoo were walking about aimlessly, not knowing how else to spend their free time before class.

“Jihoon-ah. Has Seungcheol hyung…apologized or anything?” Wonwoo asked, trying to get some updates.

“No.” Jihoon replied curtly, coldness evident in his tone.

“…will you forgive him if he does?” Wonwoo asked.

“What are you trying to do now? Rubbing it into my face that you have a boyfriend while I don’t?” Jihoon spat.

“Woah woah…chill man! I was just concerned man…” Wonwoo said, as he placed an arm around Jihoon’s shoulder.

“I don’t know…I just want to concentrate on my studies and applying for that scholarship for now…” Jihoon sighed.

“Oh yeah! When’s your application due date? No wonder you’ve been staying up all night lately…” Wonwoo replied.

“It’ll be due by the end of April…It’s already the end of May…” Jihoon rubbed the temple of his forehead.

“Right…April…OH MY GOD! Mingyu’s birthday!” Wonwoo groaned, smacking his forehead. He almost forgot his own boyfriend’s birthday. Jihoon hit the other in his shoulder and they made their way back to class as the bell rang.

 

From: Seungcheol hyung

Yo! So how did the information digging go?

 

To: Seungcheol hyung

Terrible. He almost killed me with his eyes…

Have you prepared your apology?

 

From: Seungcheol hyung

…almost done I guess? I don’t know.

I haven’t written rap lyrics before…it might be bad…

 

To: Seungcheol hyung

Ayyyy hyung.

I’m sure if you put your heart into it, he’ll be able to feel it.

 

From: Seungcheol hyung

I hope so…

Thanks again Won.

 

To: Seungcheol hyung

No worries hyung…

I’ll bring him to the music room and then you come stop by okay?

 

From: Seungcheol hyung

Got it! Thanks!

 

Wonwoo smiled at his phone. He was finally going to help make things better between Jihoon and Seungcheol. It took him long enough. Jihoon was always there for him, making him see things in a better light, and even sort of helped him get back together with Mingyu. It was time for Wonwoo to payback.

“Hey Jihoon! Let’s hang out for a bit in your music room. I-err…think I left something there last week.” Wonwoo said, pulling the shorter in the direction as soon as the bell rang. It was lunchtime, the time he had planned for Seungcheol to meet Jihoon.

“O…kay? What did you leave there?” Jihoon asked, fastening his pace to catch up with Wonwoo.

“M-my pen. The lucky one? You know I can’t take exams without that one right?” Wonwoo lied. When they got into the room, Wonwoo started pacing around, hoping that Seungcheol’s face would appear any moment now because Jihoon was about to kill him.

“Yah! Jeon Wonwoo. Are you looking for your ing pen? We gotta go get lunch. I’m starving!” Jihoon scolded, as he sat down on the piano chair.

“Y-yeah yeah…hold on. I don’t remember where I placed it.” Wonwoo mumbled, still pacing around. A knock on the door was heard, and Wonwoo’s head turned around quickly. When Seungcheol stepped into the room, Wonwoo took that as a sign for him to leave before Jihoon could react.

“I’ll leave you to Seungcheol hyung. Sorry Hoonie! I gotta do what I gotta do!” Wonwoo shouted before running off to meet the rest at the clubroom.

“ you Jeon.” Jihoon cursed, before he stood up.

“Wait wait! Jihoon! Please! Listen to me please!” Seungcheol exclaimed as he held the shorter back.

“I have nothing to listen to…Let me go!” Jihoon struggled.

“Hoonie…please. Just listen to me for once. After I finish…you can leave.” Seungcheol said, as he backhugged the shorter. Jihoon rolled his eyes.

“Let go…I’m not going anywhere…” Jihoon mumbled. Seungcheol slowly let go of the younger and stood before him.

“Hoon-ah…I’m sorry for whatever I said back then…I didn’t know that was what you thought…I thought you didn’t like me after me chasing you for so long because you didn’t seem to care…But after you exploded at me that day, it all started to make sense…I’m sorry for not knowing all along…it may not seem like it, but I still care about you…” Seungcheol started.

“This is going to sound super cheesy…but I’ll give it a shot. As I walk along the streets, I would always be on a lookout. For that one puzzle piece that fits right in my heart. Whenever I close my eyes, laid down on my bed, that image of you just appears right in my head. Waking up becomes a task, because without you, my life has no meaning. You don’t have to say yes, but I really hope for a second chance.” Seungcheol finished whatever he had prepared, as he looked at Jihoon with hopeful eyes. The shorter had his gaze fixed onto the ground, not moving an inch.

“All you need to say is yes or no. I’ll move accordingly, be it stay or leave.” Seungcheol said, before Jihoon raised his head, and his eyes were welling up.

“J-jihoon-ah…” Seungcheol whispered, before pulling the shorter into his embrace. Jihoon sobbed, his figure shaking.

“I’m sorry…I really am…” Seungcheol apologized repeatedly.

“Stupid…you’re really stupid…” Jihoon said, wiping the tears off his cheeks.

“I know…I am…” Seungcheol smiled, as he held Jihoon’s hand.

“Does that mean I’m forgiven?” Seungcheol asked. Jihoon nodded his head, looking at his feet.

“Thank you Jihoon-ah…I’m really sorry for breaking your heart…It must have hurt a lot…right?” Seungcheol whispered, as he lifted Jihoon’s chin. The younger looked up shyly, blush tinting his cheeks.

“Let’s start all over again…shall we?” Seungcheol asked, chuckling when he saw Jihoon nodding his head cutely.

“Hi, my name is Lee Jihoon.” Jihoon said, holding out his hand to Seungcheol. At first the older stared at

Please log in to read the full chapter