JiCheol

Orphanage Lovers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 33- JiCheol

Still excited over what he did, Mingyu was happily humming and skipping back home from the bustop. He couldn’t stop replaying the moment he kissed Wonwoo on his forehead, and the older turning a dark shade of red. Mingyu knew one thing for sure. His feelings for the older was not one sided. Wonwoo probably just needed a push, more courage and more obvious hints for reassurance that he was not alone from the younger.

“Mingyu-ah! Oh? You look pretty happy today…” Seungcheol greeted as Mingyu stepped into the house.

“H-hyung? What are you doing here at this hour?” Mingyu asked as he snapped out of his trance. These days, Seungcheol didn’t hang out at the orphanage as much as he did when he was younger. When they asked, he would always come up with some kind of excuse, saying that he was busy. But no one really knew what he was busy with.

“I need your help…can we talk outside?” Seungcheol asked, as he pointed to the rest seated in the living room playing console games. Mingyu nodded his head before he threw his bag in his room and headed outside where Seungcheol was waiting for him.

“Sup hyung?” Mingyu asked as he took the seat opposite to Seungcheol.

“I know it’s kind of weird to be asking you a favour after not hanging out for quite some time…but I need to get it off my chest.” Seungcheol said, his fist clenched. Mingyu shot a worried glance.

“Is it…about Jihoon hyung…?” Mingyu approached the topic carefully. Seungcheol bit his lower lip, nodding his head.

“O…kay. How do you want me to help you?” Mingyu asked.

“It’s just…you know that I liked Jihoon back then right? And I confessed to him last year, telling him that I really liked him and would just keep chasing him till he would finally fall for me right?” Seungcheol said, well more of asked. Mingyu didn’t say anything, nodding his head in agreement.

“What if…I told you right now…that I’m on the verge of giving up…but I don’t know how to…because…he just seems so vulnerable?” Seungcheol said, his knuckles turning white as he clenched his fists even tighter.

“W-wait hyung! What are you going on about?! Why are you giving up? Now?!” Mingyu asked, as he sat up from his previous slouching position.

“You’ll never understand…he doesn’t even take much interest in me…” Seungcheol said, a sad smile pulling the sides of his mouth.

“B-but how do you even know? Did he tell you something?” Mingyu’s forehead creased.

“Just a gut feeling…he would only come to me when something’s not right. And it’s always about Wonwoo…and talking about Wonwoo…Jihoon’s just always so concerned about him. I think he likes Wonwoo…” Seungcheol said. Mingyu’s heart dropped. Wait…Jihoon hyung likes Wonwoo?! But they’re brothers?!

“But hyung! They’re brothers! That would be wrong wouldn’t it!” Mingyu exclaimed. Seungcheol scoffed at how short Mingyu’s thinking was.

“But they’re not blood related Mingyu-ah!” Seungcheol said. Mingyu’s eyebrows knitted together.

“B-but…” Mingyu couldn’t come up with any other arguments.

“I think I need to stop this weird chasing relationship thingy with Jihoon. Do you think you can help me tell Wonwoo? And get him to tell Jihoon…” Seungcheol said without hesitation.

“What?! Hyung! You can’t do that! Even if you want to do this…you should tell Jihoon hyung yourself. Do you know how much it hurts to find out something from someone else? It may not be good news but it is better to hear it from the person himself! I can’t believe you hyung. I’m not helping you on this!” Mingyu snapped, stomping back into the house. He slammed the front door, really loudly. The group playing in the living room turned their heads at the slam, before turning away when they saw the look on Mingyu’s face. Mingyu went back into his room, slamming it shut too.

“Erm…Chan-ah. Good luck trying to sleep tonight. That is if you even have the courage to step into the lion’s den…” Soonyoung said, as the entire group stared at the direction of Mingyu’s room.

“H-hyungggg…can’t I sleep with you tonight?” Chan whined, shaking Seokmin’s arm. He pouted and whined as Seokmin thought hard.

“Okay…But there might not be enough space though…you’re so tall now…” Seokmin said, as he got up.

“It’s okay! I can sleep on Soonyoung hyung’s bed!” Chan cheered.

“Yah! Then where do I sleep?!” Soonyoung exclaimed as he looked at Seokmin with puppy eyes.

“The lion’s den. Bye hyung!” Chan hollered as he pulled his brother’s arm and ran into their room, locking the door for extra precaution.

“Don’t even think about it hyung. You complained about me singing in my sleep.” Seungkwan said as he turned off the TV and headed back into his room, leaving Soonyoung alone in the cold living room. The poor boy sighed as he paced outside Mingyu’s room. He hesitated as he placed one of his hand on the door knob. He turned it, opening the door. He stepped into the room, and his presence was clearly ignored by Mingyu.

“Guess I’m sleeping with you tonight…” Soonyoung said, as he walked over to Chan’s bed. The younger ignored him entirely, keeping quiet.

“Yah. What happened? Why were you in such a bad mood?” Soonyoung asked, as he laid on his side, facing Mingyu.

“Hyung. Do you think that there’s a chance…Jihoon hyung…might like Wonwoo? I mean more than just brothers.” Mingyu asked, staring at the ceiling.

“Huh?! No way. Are you crazy? Why are you asking such a question?” Soonyoung asked as he sat up. He was getting interested in this conversation.

“That’s what Seungcheol hyung said though…” Mingyu muttered.

“But why did he bring this up all of a sudden…?” Soonyoung asked. Mingyu made the older promise not to speak a word about this conversation to the others before he told the entire conversation he had with Seungcheol previously. When he was done, Soonyoung looked like he had an idea.

“How about this…you get Seungcheol hyung to go out with you on Saturday and you can ask Won to bring Jihoon out. Then the two of them can trash things out once the two of you leave.” Soonyoung suggested.

“Woah…hyung. That was like the smartest thing you’ve ever said in your life…” Mingyu gaped at his hyung. Soonyoung looked at Mingyu with the most offended look, before whacking the younger’s arm.

“Hyung! What was that for?!” Mingyu rolled his eyes, rubbing his arms repeatedly.

“That was for the offensive remark. But. I know that wasn’t the real reason why you were upset. Come on. Tell me why you’re so upset.” Soonyoung said, smirking at the younger.

“W-what do you mean?” Mingyu pretended, looking away.

“Kim. Spill. You don’t lie very well you know that?” Soonyoung said, poking the younger’s side.

“Ah! Stop it hyung! I really don’t know what you’re talking about!” Mingyu said, trying to whack Soonyoung’s hand away.

“Definitely something going on between you and Won…I know…You like him don’t you?!” Soonyoung shouted.

“W-what?! No! Shut up hyung! It’s late!” Mingyu chided, heat crawling up his neck.

“Uh huh…living in denial~” Soonyoung sang.

“Shut up and go to sleep.” Mingyu said as he threw a cushion at Soonyoung’s face before hiding under his sheets. He whipped out his phone and texted Wonwoo.

 

To: KittenWon

I have something to tell you! It’s about Jihoon hyung!

 

From: KittenWon

This better not be another one of your tricks Kim.

What is it?

 

To: KittenWon

Hey! :(

You sound like I always lie to you! :<

 

From: KittenWon

More like hiding things from me.

What is it?

Are you just trying to test to see if I’m replying you?!

 

To: KittenWon

Aish…seriously.

But I’m glad you’re replying me…hehe

Oh yes. Back to top

Please log in to read the full chapter