F. R. I. E. N. D. S

Orphanage Lovers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 56- F. R. I. E. N. D. S

“I really didn’t mean it…I’m sorry…” Wonwoo whispered to himself as he watched the younger’s disappearing backview. He wanted to go after him, to say sorry for all the mean things he said.

“Hey Won. What are you doing here looking like a fool?” Soonyoung asked as the gang gathered by his side.

“N-nothing…” Wonwoo ruffled his hair, groaning out loud.

“Did something stupid again didn’t you…” Jihoon mumbled.

“Just go after him. Stop being stupid. You’re hurting him and yourself…” Seungcheol said, pushing Wonwoo’s shoulder. Was Wonwoo that obvious? How did all of them know that something happened between Mingyu and him before they got there?

“B-but…class is starting in a few minutes…” Wonwoo hesitated, looking at the notes in arm.

“What the ? Just go after him you idiot.” Jun cursed, grabbing Wonwoo’s notes before nudging the other. Wonwoo had no choice. He ran in the direction Mingyu went, hoping to see the younger somewhere. He looked around frantically, but he didn’t see Mingyu anywhere. He soon came to a dead end, and he turned around, wanting to just give up. Until he heard a few sobs. Coming from the stairs that led to the roof. That same roof. That cursed roof. Wonwoo took a few steps up, and as he turned the corner, he saw Mingyu with his arms wrapped around his head, sobbing. His heart clenched with guilt. He made Mingyu cry again. Wonwoo stood right before the younger, he was about to reach out to pat his back when he heard the younger let out a cry.

“I-I’m sorry…” Wonwoo said as he pulled back his hand. Mingyu’s head shot up immediately, as he tried to run up the stairs, Wonwoo held his wrist.

“Hey…don’t run away…I just wanted to say sorry…I really didn’t mean what I said just now…the midterms are really getting to me…” Wonwoo said, his grip on Mingyu’s wrist tightening. When Mingyu turned around, Wonwoo went up to the same step, as he hugged the younger.

“Sorry…I didn’t mean to hurt you…” Wonwoo apologized. Mingyu’s body was limp in Wonwoo’s embrace, as he sobbed into the older’s shoulder. When Mingyu was done with his moment, he wiped away his tears with the back of his hand.

“A-are you feeling better? I mean from the cold…” Wonwoo said when Mingyu threw a questioningly look in his direction. The younger pout when he realized the older didn’t mean his feelings, but his physical well-being. He nodded his head before wanting to walk away but Wonwoo pulled his arm back in time.

“D-do you want to…hang out somewhere? I mean…the last class has started anyways…Y-you don’t have to if you don’t want to…” Wonwoo’s head hung low when Mingyu’s forehead creased together, like he doesn’t understand the older.

“Anyways…I’m just…sorry…I’ll make a move…bye Mingyu…” Wonwoo mumbled under his breath before making his way to the library. As soon as he got into the hallways, he realized Mingyu was following him. He turned around, and Mingyu’s eyes widened, as he took a few steps back.

“I didn’t say no though…” Mingyu said, holding both his hands up, as if he was surrendering. Wonwoo chuckled at the younger. Why is he so adorab- Stop it Jeon Wonwoo! You were the one who wanted to break up with him. They made it to the library and Wonwoo got a book before sitting down at the table Mingyu found for the two of them. The table was furthest away from the librarian’s counter. Just in case Mingyu couldn’t keep his volume down. The two sat opposite each other and Wonwoo was reading his book with a small grin plastered on. Mingyu was holding onto a comic book, and he stared at Wonwoo. They were sitting next to a window and sunrays were shining in onto Wonwoo. It made the older look perfect. The sunrays made Wonwoo’s pale skin stand out as his eyes glittered with excitement under his bangs, as they went over the words on the book.

“Aren’t you going to read that?” Wonwoo asked, not looking up from his book. Mingyu snapped out of his imagination and he frantically opened up a random page of the comic book, not realizing that he was holding it upside down.

“Innovative way of reading I see. Is the book better that way? Maybe I should try reading it that way one day…” Wonwoo teased, as he looked up at Mingyu, who was now blushing.

“This page of the book is upside down! What do you even know about comic books…hmph. You’re such a nerd you probably don’t even read comics…” Mingyu retorted, as he hid his face behind the book.

“Yeah…sure Mingyu…Let’s not forget that the comic you’re reading happens to be one of my favourite…you even bought me that comic on my 8th birthday…” Wonwoo reminisced the past.

“Y-you still remember?” Mingyu asked, looking up from the book.

“Of course…I still have it in my drawer…” Wonwoo said, before going back to reading his book.

“But why…?” Mingyu questioned.

“What do you mean why…it’s a special gift…I can’t throw it away…” Wonwoo said in a nonchalant manner.

“Because it’s…from me?” Mingyu asked, raising his brows.

“It’s rude to throw presents away…it doesn’t matter who its from.” Wonwoo said, looking up from his book slightly. He saw the disappointment on Mingyu’s face, but within seconds, it was gone.

“But…you threw the thing Sejun gave you…right?” Mingyu asked, hope creeping up his face.

“…Yeah…b-because…i-it was giving me trouble.” Wonwoo stumbled on his words. Mingyu smirked. Well well. Wonwoo was denying, but Mingyu knew. Wonwoo definitely still has feelings for him, but for some reason, he didn’t want to face up to it. And so, he would keep going for Wonwoo. He was going to break that wall again. Just so he could get his little adorable and sweet kitten back. His mood fluctuated a lot lately. He could be really upset one moment and freaking hell hyper and happy the next. 

“When is your last paper going to be?” Mingyu asked, as he put down the comic book.

“Next Thursday…why?” Wonwoo asked back.

“Me too! Let’s hang out after school…as friends…” Mingyu said, emphasizing on the last part of his sentence.

“…oh shucks…I kind of have something on…” Wonwoo scrunched his face, remembering that he was supposed to follow Jun out.

“What is it?” Mingyu asked.

“I was supposed to follow stupid Junhui on a date…” Wonwoo sighed, burying his head in his arms.

“D-date?” Mingyu exclaimed.

“Yeah…” Wonwoo mumbled into his arms.

“W-well…h-have fun on your date then…” Mingyu mumbled.

“W-what…?” Wonwoo asked, eyebrows knitted together as he sensed a sudden change in Mingyu’s tone.

“N-nothing…just wishing you all the best for your…date.” Mingyu said, forcing out a small smile. His heart hurt like crap. They only broke up 2 days ago. And Wonwoo was about to go on a date.

“I think…you got something wrong there…I’m just there to accompany-” Wonwoo was cut off even before he could finish.

“No no! It’s fine! Nothing’s wrong with going out on dates…we’ve broken up anyways…I just hope…that he takes good care of you…better than me…” Mingyu said, whispering towards the end of his sentence.

“I swear I’m just there to-” Wonwoo couldn’t finish his sentence again, this time getting interrupted by a girl. To be more specific. Nayeon.

“Mingyu! I haven’t seen you in a long time! What are you doing here?” Nayeon asked, completely ignoring Wonwoo’s presence.

“H-hey…erm…just hanging out with my…friend?” Mingyu replied. He didn’t feel comfortable because Nayeon dragged a chair over and sat herself next to Mingyu. She was sitting so close he could practically feel her breathing next to his neck. And he hated it.

“Are you free after school? We can go on a date!” Nayeon smiled, as she wrapped her arm around Mingyu’s. Wonwoo didn’t say anything, only staring at the two expressionless.

“Erm. I kind of have something on. Sorry.” Ming

Please log in to read the full chapter