Flashback

Orphanage Lovers
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chapter 60- Flashback

“As all of you know, someone has vandalized a second year student’s locker yesterday and even attacked the student. This is very serious because no such acts will be tolerated in Pledis. We will be carrying out an investigation, so we seek for everyone’s cooperation. And I hope the culprit will turn yourself in. There will be dire consequences if you are found guilty at the end of the investigation. Whomever has evidence or are eyewitnesses of the crime being done, please feel free to approach any of your teachers.” Mr Jung announced to the entire school body that has been gathered in the school hall. The students were then dismissed back to their classes. The day passed with people whispering and gossiping about the events that happened the day before. It was a first in Pledis because of the strict disciplinary board, thus the school was rather caught off guard when something like this actually happened.

 

“Won! Guess who I brought home with me…” Jihoon called out as soon as he got home. He received a text from Aunt Soomin during lunch, saying that Wonwoo was home. And so, the shorter boy decided to bring his worried friends home to visit Wonwoo. Hopefully he still remembers them.

“Who did you bring?” Aunt Soomin asked, peeking her head out from the kitchen. She was busy preparing lunch for the boys.

“Just Jun, Soonyoung, Seungcheol, Seokmin, Chan. And Mingyu.” Jihoon introduced the boys, as they bowed, greeting Aunt Soomin.

“Wonwoo’s in his room. I have no idea what he’s up to. I’ll call you boys down for lunch once it’s ready.” Aunt Soomin said, sending the boys upstairs to Wonwoo’s room.

“Knock knock~” Soonyoung sang as he knocked on Wonwoo’s door before turning the knob. Wonwoo turned around, not expecting any guests.

“Oh? What are you guys doing here?” Wonwoo asked, as the group slowly filled his room.

“To see how our sloth is doing. Does your head still hurt?” Jun asked, taking a seat on Wonwoo’s bed.

“Kind of…but I have painkillers so that’s fine.” Wonwoo said. Wonwoo’s eyes glanced over the gang, but his eyes stopped on one person.

“W-what is he doing here? Jihoon…I told you I don’t know him…” Wonwoo said, scooting away.

“W-Won! That’s Mingyu! Remember? He stays at the orphanage with us! He even used to be your roommate!” Soonyoung said, shaking Wonwoo’s shoulder. Wonwoo’s eyebrows scrunched together. Nope. He can’t remember who that was. He shook his head, making Mingyu look down at his feet, disappointed.

“Hyung…do you remember what happened yesterday?” Chan asked.

“Hmm…not really…all I remember…is waking up at the hospital…” Wonwoo winced, touching the back of his head.

“Was it Nayeon who did it?” Soonyoung asked, as he looked at Wonwoo’s wound, touching it gently.

“W-who’s Nayeon?” Wonwoo asked, as the entire gang stared at him, wide-eyed.

“You can’t be serious…” Jun groaned, shaking his head in disbelief.

“Do you really not remember her?!” Seungcheol asked.

“Wah…she got you into this and you can’t remember her?!” Soonyoung continued. The fact that Nayeon got Wonwoo into this state, and him not remembering her. It was enough to blow everyone off.

“She…did this to me?” Wonwoo asked, looking at his friends for an answer.

“Most probably…” Jihoon answered.

“A girl did this to me?! B-but why…?” Wonwoo asked, even more confused than before.

“B-because of me…” Mingyu finally spoke up, as the entire gang turned their attention to him.

“W-we’ll…let you guys talk for a bit okay? Come down for lunch when you’re ready….” Seungcheol said before chasing everyone downstairs, giving Mingyu and Wonwoo some space to talk. Wonwoo looked uncomfortable to be stuck in his room with this person he doesn’t know, but there was this curiosity in him that wanted to know what happened. Why did a girl attack him, because of this stranger before him?

“I-I…W-we used to be something…like you and me…but this girl…was so persistent. She wouldn’t leave me alone. And she knew that y-you were one of my weakness. So…she did this to you. In hopes that you would leave me…and she would finally get what she want.” Mingyu said, but the look on Wonwoo’s face indicated that the older didn’t understand a thing.

“W-we? What do you mean we? Like friends? But why would she want us to not be friends?” Wonwoo asked, his head tilted to one side.

“We…were more than just friends…” Mingyu gulped.

“H-huh? M-more than friends? Y-you mean…” Wonwoo’s eyes widened.

“Y-yeah…you used to be my boyfriend…” Mingyu finished Wonwoo’s sentence. Wonwoo remained silent, looking down at his feet. After minutes of awkward silence passing by, Wonwoo mumbled to himself.

“…why would I even get myself a boyfriend…and someone like you at that…” Wonwoo mumbled.

“Yah…what do you even mean by that?” Mingyu retorted, feeling a little insulted.

“It’s just…I don’t think I would like someone like you? You seem like the cheerful type…the exact opposite of me.” Wonwoo said, as he observed Mingyu.

“But we really used to be together…you were just as bright…always smiling…” A small smile appearing on Mingyu’s face as he recalled the fun they had together.

“Then…what happened?” Wonwoo asked, now curious about their past.

“Hey guys! Didn’t mean to intrude…but the food was getting cold and you guys weren’t coming down…” Soonyoung said as he barged into the room, distracting both boys’ attention.

“Yeah…we’re done.” Wonwoo smiled, before he stood up, ready to exit the room.

“H-hey Wonnie…I know you don’t remember anything about me…but is it okay…if we start off as friends again?” Mingyu asked, hope glittering in his eyes. This was the first step for his plan. To initiate the friendship. Wonwoo stood frozen, making Mingyu regret. Is it too early to ask? Shucks…now he’s going to think I’m crazy…he probably doesn’t even believe the story I told him…

“…y-yeah…sure…” Wonwoo said, before running out of the room to join the rest for lunch. Mingyu grinned foolishly to himself. Well. One step closer. At least Wonwoo was willing to be friends. They had lunch before gathering in the living room to do mass revision together. And that was where Chan reminded Wonwoo that he was supposed to be tutoring him. It seemed like Wonwoo forgot whatever happened from two days ago…And that was the day where he realized that his feelings for Mingyu was never gone. But now, everything was erased. Back to square one. They had small tables set up, Wonwoo, Chan and Mingyu sharing one. Soonyoung, Seokmin and Jun sharing another. Jihoon and Seungcheol were seated on the couch.

“Shall we revise…Math today?” Wonwoo asked, as he took out his calculator and textbook. Chan nodded his head before taking out his textbook. They started writing down the important formulas, before Chan started doing his quiz that Wonwoo handed him.

“Hyung…I don’t get this one…” Chan said, as he looked up.

“Hold up…give me a moment…” Wonwoo said, wincing a little as he felt his injury burn slightly. The painkillers were fading off. He needed to take his painkillers again.

“Here. Let me help you…Wonnie you take a break…” Mingyu said, concern laced in his tone. Wonwoo popped a painkiller into his mouth, before chugging lots of water down. He hated pills. That was something that he would never forget.

“You need to apply this formula here, and then expand the equation.” Mingyu explained, his eyebrows creasing together. A habit of his whenever he was deep in concentration. Wonwoo observed, and something in his head was telling him that this scene was really familiar. Like he had seen it before.

 

“This is easy. Just apply the formula and move this over. Do the division and you’ll get the answer!” Mingyu explained, using a pencil to point out to Chan. And it seemed like Chan understood, his face brightening up. Chan turned the book around and he followed Mingyu’s instructions and solved the sum successfully.

“Ohhhh…Kim Mingyu…Never knew you had it in you to solve a Math sum…” Wonwoo teased, poking the sides of his boyfriend.

“Excuse m

Please log in to read the full chapter