Both Waiting

More Than A Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“What is happening here.”

Looking up from the casserole she was stirring, Ahreum smiles at her boyfriend who just apparently came to visit her in the dorm. Ever since her trainee dorm mates debuted, she’s been living alone there. “What? I don’t have training and I thought why not cook, right?” She answers while giggling. Kyungsoo puts on a smug smile as he walks his way towards her. “Let me see.” He coos while peeking at the casserole once he arrived beside her. “It doesn’t look awful huh.” He adds making Ahreum glare at him with a pout. “You could at least say something better, Oppa. Aigoo. . .” She murmurs while nudging their hips together.

“Why, I complimented it.” Kyungsoo answers proudly before wrapping his arms around her waist from behind. “How was training yesterday. I couldn’t use my phone so much because of the program.” He placed his chin on his shoulders while simply watching her cook. “Well. . . it was fine I think. Some famous directors came to evaluate us for the special skits and one complimented me. He said I let out tears very naturally and fast.” She explains while giggling. “Well you’re a crybaby, I’m not surprised.” Kyungsoo answers earning an elbow hit from her.

“Yeah, two things I think about so I would cry easily are my dad dying and you leaving me.” She nonchalantly explains but Kyungsoo felt his heart throbbing with so much love which made him hug her even tighter. “That one doesn’t make sense though. Why would I leave you.” He mutters and buries his face on the crook of her neck. “I don’t know, I just think of that cause it’s painful enough for me to cry.” She answers back and there was silence.

Right away, Kyungsoo thought about his awaiting proposal. He’s been thinking about it for a few months now and he was sure of it but somehow, this new, unfamiliar fear was rushing down his system. It’s not always that he gets this nervous of doing something.

But when it’s about her, everything just goes blank. All of his mustered self-assurance go rapidly downhill and she just has this ability to make him feel all kinds of weaknesses that he never imagined he had.

He’s afraid that she would say no. He’s afraid that she loves acting that much that she won’t ever be ready for marriage anytime soon. He’s afraid that once he proposes and she rejects it, everything would change between the two of them. He had all kinds of worries in his mind every single day that he thinks about it.

“And it’s stupid enough for me to cringe ‘cause it doesn’t make sense.” He answers back before kissing her on the cheek. “I know. I know you won’t ever do that, it’s just for crying purposes.” Ahreum assures while laughing softly. “Anyway, I’ll just let this sit for a while cause that’s what the internet said.” She turns the heat off before dragging Kyungsoo to the living room. “And let’s also sit.” She adds while chuckling. The couple sat close to each other and Ahreum places her head near Kyungsoo’s chest while hugging him.

“I’m keeping something from you and I can’t say it but I feel really guilty but I don’t want to say it.” Ahreum tells before looking up to him. “Wow. That’s one way to keep it for sure.” Kyungsoo mocks while chuckling. “Okay fine. . . it’s just that I overheard some of my mentors talking one time. . . I think they’re manipulating my evaluation all the time that’s why I never get to debut nor be approved by CEO.” She finally admits while frowning. Kyungsoo’s eyes turned dark as well as he heard such news. “W-what?” he asks with intensity, which doesn’t also happen, his eyebrows were curved and his expression hardened.

Ahreum rested her head on him again and sighed. “They never liked me because of how much privilege I get from the company for the past six years of being there. B-but I don’t want to complain. . . they have a point. I’ve been living free, receiving allowance, training and more. . . one even thinks there’s something between me and CEO. But he’s like my father.” She explains. Kyungsoo bites on his bottom lip trying to supress his anger and he can only massage his temples.

“I told you now. I feel better.” Ahreum said and let go of the hug. She was about to get up when Kyungsoo pulled her down again. Their eyes met and Ahreum gave off a sweet smile. “I’m okay, Oppa. I saw it coming. I don’t want to approach CEO and tell everything, make him confront the mentors about it. It will make everything worse and will only make them believe more that there’s something going on between us and stuff like that.” She explains while nodding. “And also, I don’t want to lose their jobs. They’re like ten of them, I’m only one. I can’t risk ten professional and talented people just for my sake.” She adds and looks down to Kyungsoo’s hands while playing with them.

Kyungsoo’s expression softened upon hearing his girlfriend’s kind words. He always knew she’s this kind-hearted. People call her gullible and childish because of it but he accepts everything about her and would never ask her to change.

The only thing he could do was to be there and protect her from people who takes advantage of her kindness.

But right now, he knows he can’t do anything about it because it’s about her training. He never tried getting into it nor say things that might make an impact on her.

He pulls her by the chin and tilted his head. “I love you.” He hushes before pressing his lips against hers. It was a chaste kiss that stayed for a few seconds before he pulled away. “I love you too, Oppa.” Ahreum answered back and smiled. She then stood up again before skipping back to the kitchen. “I’m gonna prepare the food~” She chants excitedly and Kyungsoo just watched with a solemn smile. He leaned his neck more on the couch and closed his eyes. “Do Kyungsoo, what are you doing. . . why can’t you just propose.” He hushes to himself while

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter