WHY, SOO, WHY

More Than A Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

First few months of parenthood wasn’t so easy after all. Worse, for parents like Kyungsoo and Ahreum who have triplets.

 

“Good afternoon.” Kyungsoo walks into his class and all of the students stood up for the greeting. “Okay, take a seat. I’m very sorry for being late, I had to go home earlier and just came back here for this one class. So we’ll be rushing on the lesson today.” He speaks right away as he opens his teacher’s book placed down the table. Everyone sat down again and all of their eyes were settled on Kyungsoo’s direction – specifically on his left shoulder. There’s a baby-blue colored towel slung on it which even has a few stains on it. Students looked at each other debating on who’s going to tell him.

And it all goes down to the class president. So standing up, the young male raised his hand getting the teacher’s attention. “Any question, Mr. Kim.” Kyungsoo answers right away while pointing at him, signaling him to stand up. “Sir, not a question. Just. . . I think you forgot the baby towel on your shoulder.” The young lad points out hesitantly and as soon as he heard it, Kyungsoo turned to his left and realized he did forget that it was there. He quickly grabbed and hid it behind him. He didn’t notice it at all because he was really in a rush, he didn’t even have the time to still stop by the faculty after arriving back.

“Thank you for informing me.” He thanks the boy while clearing his throat. He placed both hands on the edge of the table and looked away while making a blowfish. Honestly, he was so exhausted. He had to go home because Ahreum was panicking on the phone call earlier. One of the triplets, Manse, has a diarrhea and so she was frantic of how to handle the other two while focusing on the sick one too. He just had to go home to assist her because his parents couldn’t come. His mom has a cold while his dad is on a business trip.

The students noticed how their teacher breathes in and out heavily while blinking. “Sir, we can read the selection silently and maybe. . . you take a rest first?” The president takes the initiative since all of them knew his situation of having triplets. Kyungsoo stands up straight again and stretches his neck from side to side. “That’s so nice of you but I can manage. Let’s move on to the lesson.” He forced a simple smile to them before looking down the book. “Okay, so. . . “ He readies himself for the discussion while rubbing his droopy eyes.

It was fairly obvious of how tired he was that even the young clueless students could see.

They could never imagine how hard it might be for him right now but they could still see it.

Just as he was about to speak again, a bottle of water was placed on his table. He looked up to see one of his students. “Uhm, I know you don’t allow drinks inside and I sneaked it in. J-just. . . drink it instead, Sir.” The female student nervously explains before rushing back to her desk. Kyungsoo clears his throat before grabbing the bottle of water. “Thank you, Miss Choi. I appreciate it.” He briefly speaks before opening it, drinking it in one gulp. He honestly needed it. Because of that nice gesture from one of his students, he slowly calmed down and felt relax in front of them.

“If you may, I’ll just take a seat for a while. May I?” he asks with a light smile. “Yes, Sir.” They all answered while eagerly nodded. Once his bum felt the hard surface of the chair, he felt like heaven. He unconsciously wiped the sweats on his neck with the baby towel. “Oh—it’s dirty.” He realized it right away and stopped. The students all laughed softly at what he did making him smile a bit. “Sir, is Ahreum Noona alright?” One student asks and everyone nodded along as if they’re anticipating for the answer. “Yes, Sir. We saw her IG post the other day. The triplets are so adorable~” Another female student squeals. “She did? May I see?” Kyungsoo asks since he hasn’t checked on her IG lately, he barely even touches his phone nowadays.

The student quickly stood up and rushed to his table while scrolling her thumb on the screen of her phone. “Oh, found it. . . Sir, here.” She grinned and gave Kyungsoo the phone.

And he saw his cute sons.

“Sir, is this Manse? He looks like Ahreum Unni.” The student asks pointing at the baby on the right corner. “That’s Minguk. This is Manse and this is the oldest, Daehan.” Kyungsoo points out each one of them making all the students smile. They don’t always see a calm and even sweet Do Kyungsoo. It seems that it only comes out when it’s for and about his sons. “Okay, thank you.” He gives the phone back to the student and signaled her to go back to her desk. “I’ll just rest for a bit, don’t report me to the office

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter