Shout It Out

More Than A Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

"Our previous lesson was Literature during the Medieval period. Could anyone give me the summary of the lesson.”

Looking up to his students, Kyungsoo observes all of their hesitant eyes. It’s been three days since the incident as happened and he’s been the talk of the whole school, from the teachers to the students. Not wanting to involve Kang Heejun in the issue, Kyungsoo requested the boy to just keep his mouth shut and act unaware of anything so he remains judged and questioned until now. He has also talked straight to the principal about the incident and just apologized for dragging the school’s name along. Other than that, he just kept his mouth shut not to make everything worse.

Leaning on the edge of the table, he folds his arms while moving his eyes from left to right. “No one?” he asks. They remained looking down and just the right time, Kyungsoo caught one student on his phone. He glances at the basket where he put all the confiscated phones. He’s been doing it since three days ago because the students have been trying to ask him about the news and articles and would show him those stuff on their phones. “Mr. Cha. Didn’t you give your phone earlier. What is that.” He firmly asks and heavily walks towards the boy’s desk. “S-sorry, Sir.” The student placed his other phone on the desk and Kyungsoo picked it up.

Until he realized it wasn’t locked and he saw what was there on the screen.

The photo that Manager Yook showed him three days ago, the signed fan.

He takes a gulp in before putting the phone back. “Were did you get that. I believe it’s already been taken down on the same day. Are you trying to cause more fuss to me?” He scolds. “S-sir, it’s called. . . screen-caption. . .” The student answers in fear while fiddling with his hands. Kyungsoo clears his throat before looking back down again. “I’m giving you three seconds to delete that before you make it spread.” He orders while tapping his fingers on the boy’s desk. “S-sir. . . they all. . . have it already.” The boy answered and Kyungsoo’s face hardened as he closes his eyes. Then another student spoke, “Sir. . . we believe you. Whatever it is, we know you won’t do that. Why aren’t you speaking up?” Kyungsoo turns to the direction of the student.

“Everyone, don’t interfere with my personal life. We’re here to learn and we are going to learn today. All the students who has whatever photo is that, delete it immediately and don’t wait for me to get you all in trouble on the next test.” Kyungsoo warns before walking back to his table. “Sir? D-do you know her personally?” Another voice asks as if he didn’t warn them at all. Turning around again, he grabs his textbook and harshly flips the pages on it. “Medieval Period. The one who’s able to explain to me will get bonus points for the quiz after the discussion.” He tells as if not hearing anything.

Not getting any answer, he slams his hand harshly on the table.

“ALL OF YOU STAND!” he orders in anger which made them all flinch before standing up. “Go all around the corners, stand and face the wall until I tell you to stop. All of you!” he shouts and the students all ran to every corner, making a line to face the wall. As they were all faced against him, Kyungsoo looked away while breathing heavily. “Are you kids not aware of privacy? Do you know how disrespectful it is? I already said I did it. right? What are you still trying to do? You think I’ll be thankful if you try to help me? You’re wasting your energy because nothing can be done. I did it and it’s not going to be taken back.” He explains. He’s been down for three days. Not only for the judgment he’s been getting everywhere he goes but all because Ahreum has not contacted him ever since. He didn’t have the courage to do it first because of the trouble he’s caused. He knows there’s no way the photo was completely shut down from the netizens.

He knows one of these days, her career would be in more danger than it already is in.

And he thought, the only thing he could do for her right now is to give her the space that she needs.

“From this day on, I don’t want anyone of you talking about it nor asking me anything about it. U-understand?” he asks. His voice was still firm but it was slowly getting weaker and weaker with each word. “Whoever or whatever I am outside doesn’t affect who I am as a teacher and I want you to keep your respect for me whatever I did. Is everything clear?” he asks. “NE!” They all answered loudly. “Now go back to your seats and we’ll continue the lesson.” He finally lets them go and they all bowed simultaneously before rushing back to their respective seats.

And just as Kyungsoo was about to speak up again, the speaker on the corner of the room made a sound – a signal when there’s an announcement. The announcer states,

“All classes shall be shortly interrupted for a special announcement. Faculties and Teachers, please turn the LCD screens on. Thank you.”

Walking towards the other corner of the room, Kyungsoo turns the wide TV on and adjusted the volume right away. “be quiet and listen to the announcement.” Kyungsoo reminded before turning around to walk back to his table. Until he heard a voice from the TV screen.

“Annyeonghaseyo. This is actress Bae Ahreum.”

He stops from his tracks as soon as he heard his wife’s voice that he hasn’t heard for three days. It made him immediately turn back around in surprise and the students were constantly glancing at him. His heart skipped a beat seeing her face and her happy smile and he felt as if it’s been years since he last saw them. But as much as he could, he remained calm and expressionless. “I know you might all be wondering right now. I am live right now on national TV and I specially requested to Jungwon High to stream it too because I know you guys are probably in your classes right now. This is just really an important matter.” She starts, her face was calm but for the first time Kyungsoo couldn’t read it or he’s denying it to himself.

That her face looked happy.

“And it’s really important for everyone in Jungwon High to watch this too because I’d like to go straight to the point. . . this is about the incident last Saturday during You’re My Sunshine Bucheon Fansigning Event.” She looks while with a light smile. Kyungsoo gulped and his feet begin taking small steps backwards. “I am not clearly sure of what has happened since then but. . . I would like to first and foremost clear someone’s name. Mr. Do Kyungsoo who is a teacher in this school.” She looks down and her face begins getting gloomy now. “I. . . I want to tell everyone that he never tried to harass me. He was greatly misunderstood.” Her voice came out cracked now and Kyungsoo just knows she’s about to cry.

“The truth is. . . I was badly sick that day and Mr. Do noticed it and probably. . . out of his impulse, he checked on me. But he never touched me for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter