Limits

More Than A Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Sir, I’m here. Sorry, you had to wait.”

Kyungsoo stands by his car as he watches his student, Heejun, rush towards him. Since the boy suggested to go together, he had decided to pick him up from his home so his parents would be assured of his safety as well. “Did you bid goodbye to your parents.” He asks as he walks to the driver’s area. “Yes, Sir. They couldn’t thank you personally ‘cause they actually brought Dahee out for a check-up but they said thank you for driving me there, since it’s safer.” Heejun answers as he went into the passenger’s seat.

As the car starts moving, Heejun takes out the cards his sister wanted to give to the cast of You’re My Sunshine. “These are her personalized cards. Isn’t she the cutest? She spent all day making them the moment she found out the cast will have a fan-sign here.” He enthusiastically tells while staring at them. Kyungsoo smiled lightly while nodding. “Actually, it’s going to be her ninth birthday two weeks from now and I was hoping even one of the cast would write her a short birthday message together with the sign.” He adds making Kyungsoo smile. “Maybe you can ask them later. And anyway, you know me.” He assures making the boy grin.

“You’re Bae Ahreum’s secret husband!” Heejun exclaims and quickly covers his mouth while looking at the car window as if anyone would even hear him. “Uhm, anyway Sir. . . I’m really thankful that you trusted me about your secret. You know ever since I found out, I fight my classmates who force Ahreum and Kangjun together. I think they hate me more now but it doesn’t matter. I know Ahreum noona isn’t for Kangjun.” He changes the topic right away while nodding vigorously. “You don’t have to do that. Don’t make any more enemies or cause yourself to be bullied even more.” Kyungsoo tells, as he lets one hand on the steering wheel while his other settles on the shift grip.

“But they’re so annoyinmg, especially the girls? They keep on saying Ahreum noona only deserves a prince-like guy a.k.a. Seo Kangjun. Sir, you may not be a prince-like but—don’t kill me, Sir. . .” Heejun murmurs as he realizes what he just said. Kyungsoo just rolled his eyes while chuckling. “I’m just saying, they should know the limitation of the acting world. I mean, I am an aspiring actor and as much as possible I want to separate personal things from my job in the future if ever I do get that profession. Right Sir? Am I right sir?” he asks while nodding eagerly. “Definitely but we’re talking about the fans. They’re different. They believe what they see. So Heejun, just calm down and don’t worry about those stuff. Ahreum and I have been into this situation for over a year and half now. It doesn’t matter anymore. Get over it.” Kyungsoo explains. “Sir are you cutting the conversation off now or I can still talk? I like talking to you, you’re like a hyung. I realized you’re not as much of a monster as we all thought you were—don’t kill me, Sir.” Heejun mutters again while blinking.

“For God’s sake, why do you keep saying that. First of all, I wouldn’t be this comfortable with you if you didn’t know my secret, let’s be honest. But at the same time, I only talk and approach you, my students, like that so you could learn and improve but still keep your respect towards me. For me, those teachers who get too approachable and the comedian types are the ones who receive little to no respect from the students because they would all think it’ll be fine for these teachers if they talk back and be bad-mannered.” Kyungsoo explains his teaching strategy for the first time.

“Wow. Sir, now I get it. I used to think you didn’t like being a teacher at all that’s why you’re always serious. We—they even call you names like. . . uhm.” Heejun looks up while counting. “I heard the WE.” Kyungsoo reminds which made the boy slowly look while gulp. “T-that was before. . . I didn’t really started it I just. . . kind of agreed since everyone were. S-sorry, Sir.” Heejun murmurs while rubbing the back of his neck. “Okay, so what are the names students usually call me.” Kyungsoo asks with a calm expression so the boy won’t be scared. “First of all. . . Angry Penguin, they got it from the. . . cartoon character, Angry Bird but then they said you looked like a penguin and then. . . JPG Reaper. They c-combined JPG which applies to you being. . . how do you say this, you don’t move too much I guess and with the Grip Reaper so they made JPG Reaper.” Heejun explains and Kyungsoo just clears his throat trying to supress his irritation to the students.

“And then. . . Aquatic Zombie.” Heejun murmurs and had his eyes half-closed while checking Kyungsoo’s obviously fuming expression. “The aquatic came from the ‘Penguin’ naming for you and then you’re like a zombie who eats out our b-brains because you think. . . w-we’re all stupid and w-we should. . . die?” he hesitantly explains. “And then—“Enough, I’ve heard enough.” Kyungsoo cuts him off while coughing. “S-sir, are you going to throw me out of the car now?” Heejun asks while nibbling with his bottom lip. “No but don’t expect me not to scold every class that I find out calls me those names. Don’t worry, I won’t tell that you’re the one who told me.” Kyungsoo answers and Heejun’s eyes widen in fear but he just looked straight while nodding.

“Sir, don’t worry. I have a new name for you.” Heejun then looks with a smile. “What. Brain Assassin.” Kyungsoo mocks while chuckling. “Omo, how’d you know they also called you that?” Heejun asks in surprise and Kyungsoo’s face fell. “Shut up there and we’ll arrive at the venue any minute.” He cuts off with a stern look again and the student stayed silent this time but then, “Sir? You don’t really want to hear my new name for yo—“ Don’t count on it.” Kyungsoo cuts off with a straight face.

 

_ _ _

 

“Oh my god, the people are no joke.” They arrived near the very entrance of the venue, a huge theatre hall instead of the outdoor. “Sir, are you excited to see your wife?” Heejun murmurs and Kyungsoo just signals him to keep quiet as they gave out their passes. As they stood at the middle area of the hall, Heejun takes out a fan. “Sir, here.” He tells making Kyungsoo turn and saw a fan with Ahreum’s picture. “Where’d you get this?” he asks. “They sell it online, I bought all the cast’s.” Heejun informs while wiggling his eyebrows.

Just then, the cast of You’re My Sunshine finally arrived on stage.

And everyone was screaming to their lungs especially when they saw the somehow lead of all the lead males, Seo Kangjun. Heejun screams along while Kyungsoo beside him just staye

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter