Compromise

More Than A Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

| T I M E  H O P |

 

 

“Mr. Jung, come here for a second.”

Signaling one of the drama club members with his index finger, Kyungsoo locks his eyes at the mini stage they were re-assembling.  “Yes, Sir?” The young lad quickly skips to his side with a bright smile. “What is this.” Kyungsoo asks while pointing at the stage. “Uhm. . . t-the stage, Sir?” The boy, Jung Junho, answers unsurely. “Oh, really. I thought it was a trashcan. How can you all be this messy. I was just away for a few minutes because of a phone call and I see this.” He looks around the whole club room which is pretty huge, a size of two combined classrooms. “Sir, I’m sorry. We fooled around earlier and ended up throwing the crumples boards at each other but we will cle—“ So you’re telling me you fool around whenever I leave, am I correct.” Kyungsoo asks and everyone in the room stopped from doing their tasks and all looked at him in fear.

Like the usual.

“S-sir, just a little play.” Another member tries explaining. “You all have time to play do you know your presentation’s tomorrow and the school director will watch? You mess it up and I’ll be the one scolded because she won’t allow you to participate in the contest outside the school again if she sees you’re all inconsistent in this field. Not because you won the last contest means you’ll stop improving yourselves.” He began his long lecture that everyone has been used to and they just all looked down. Kyungsoo heaves a sigh while looking at the pretty big mess the drama students just made. Papers, clothes, costumes were scattered around the floor and even some poster paints were spilled.

Ever since he began managing the drama club, the office has given so much praises because of the many improvements the club and even the students have made, even to the extent of winning a theatre contest which as held in a different school a few weeks ago and they got the trophy.

Pressure was huge in Kyungsoo’s part; he needs to maintain that reputation he has given to the club. Many students have started wanting to join the club as well and it will be a big deal for him for the next school year for sure.

“You know—“ He looked away and rubbed the back of his neck before glancing at all of them again. “You know I know someone. . . who got such similar victory as you all did but this person never stopped learning and trying to improve because triumph isn’t always the finish line, it’s just the start. Do you understand? If you all really want this and maybe have this kind of profession even after you grow old. . . you don’t play with it, you work for it. Is everything clear.” He asks and folded his arm. “Yes, Sir. . .” They faintly answered. “Is everything clear??” Kyungsoo shouts like always which made them all flinch but right after they lift their heads back up.

“Yes, Sir!”

“Good. Now clean this all up, finish that stage and the pizza I ordered will come any minute.” Kyungsoo answers before walking out of the room. All the students froze on their spots hearing the word pizza. “Did I just. . . hear him mention food. . .” One male student asks. “Is he sick?” Another female student asks while blinking. “Oh my god, he said pizza you guys! Pizza is food!” Another apparently ‘breaks’ the news and they all start jumping and celebrating until the door opened again, and there was Kyungsoo peeking his head inside.

They literally stopped from their movements halfway and all had their eyes at the door.

He quickly closes the door again and they slowly stood more properly while ‘screaming without a sound’ for the sake of not being heard this time.

On the other hand, Kyungsoo who was outside leans by the wall while having his phone on his ear. “I swear you didn’t have to do this, they’re just students.” He murmurs while tapping his toes on the floor. “No~ Oppa, they worked hard for that contest, they need a little treat. You bad teacher, you should have treated them for their hard work.” His wife coos on the other end. “Anyway, how’s shooting.” Kyungsoo changes the topic while leaning his head on the wall. “I’m just on break for a short while, Kangjoon Oppa’s fan club brought a food truck so I’m eating some donuts and Iced tea~” Ahreum answers making him smile a little.

“Okay, eat a lot.” Kyungsoo tells while sighing. “Oppa, just wait for the delivery okay? It’s in your name, don’t worry. I need to go, bye bye!” Ahreum swiftly mutters while chewing before hanging up first. Staring down at his phone, he makes a blowfish before keeping it back into his pockets. As if on cue, two of h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter