Turn Of Events

More Than A Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Wah~ Yera is so good in this drama. . . She’s improved so much ever since she debuted.”

Leaning on her husband’s shoulder, Ahreum locks her eyes down the TV, watching a night-time drama that stars Yera who was once her roommate and fellow trainee. “If there’s still room for improvements even after debuting. . . why can’t they just give me a chance to debut and let me improve more.” She adds while pouting. Now turning to her husband, she was about to say some more when she realized he has fallen asleep. She wasn’t that surprised anymore, Kyungsoo was never a TV person. He always told her TV makes him fall asleep.

She looks at the time on the wall clock. It’s already ten in the evening. “You must be tired from work. I shouldn’t have made you watch.” She muffles before standing up. “Oppa~ sleep in our room. C’mon, wakey wakey for a while.” She coos while tapping him on the thighs like they were drums. Kyungsoo’s head shoot up again and his eyes opened slowly. “Finally. . .” he hushes before standing up. “Aish, why agree to watch then if you’re just waiting for me to let you go.” Ahreum groans while rubbing his back.

“Let’s sleep now.” Kyungsoo tries to drag her along but she stayed put. “I’m going to finish the episode first and besides I had coffee, I’m not sleepy yet. You go first.” She answers with a smile before pushing him gently to walk to their bedroom. Once he was gone, Ahreum skips back to the couch and lied down while watching.

But in just a few minutes, before she knew it, she got into a nice slumber.

. . .

 

“Ahreum. . .” Hearing the soft voice of her husband, Ahreum groaned and tried turning her body away from the sound of his calls. “Yah, why are you sleeping here. Sleep in the room now.” Kyungsoo continues calling while tapping her shoulders. Getting no response or probably being purposedly ignored, he had no other choice but to carry her completely like a child. “Eummm. . .” Ahreum whimpered but hugged him on the neck while he puts his hands under her thighs to wrap them around his waist. “You’re such a baby.” He groans while walking to the room with his ‘sleeping baby’ who’s latching on his body right now. “T-time. . . Oppa, time. . .” She murmurs in her half-asleep state. “It’s 2AM. I woke up still alone on bed and eventually found you there.” Kyungsoo answers before going back into the room with her. He placed her nicely down the bed before crawling on his side. He tucked the both of them under the bed before pulling her close by the waist. “Oppa. . .” Ahreum coos and buries her face on his chest.

“The TV. . . did you— “I turned it off already. Just go back to sleep.” Kyungsoo murmurs with his tired voice while rubbing his wife’s back. “Oppa. . . sleepy.” Ahreum continues whimpering as if feeling sleepy makes her cry. Because of this, Kyungsoo couldn’t help but to chuckle. He then moved his hand lower to her hip and started patting her like a baby. “Yes, I know. Sorry if I woke you up. Go back to sleep now, c’mon.” He hushed and kissed her on the forehead. She lets out that whiny whimper again while hugging him on the waist tightly. “Silly, coffee you say, you look like you didn’t sleep for days.” Kyungsoo mocks while shaking his head in amusement of his wife.

Just then, Ahreum looks up and she already had her eyes open. “Oppa, I’m sleepy but I can’t sleep.” She muffles while pouting. Kyungsoo turned to the lamp and turned it on for a while before looking back down to his wife. “What do you want me to do. I’m feeling sleepy too.” He asks while rubbing his eyes. “Stomach is upset. . .” Ahreum groans and starts rubbing her tummy. “Huh? Where does it hurt.” Kyungsoo automatically woke up completely and reached to her tummy as well. He presses some area trying to spot where she’s in pain. “You ate a lot in dinner. . . come.” He pulls her up, they both got off the bed and he dragged her out of the room.

“I-it’s because you won’t finish the pasta we bought, I felt sorry for it. . .” Ahreum murmurs like a child while being dragged to the kitchen. “Don’t blame me, I didn’t tell you to finish it.” Kyungsoo answers back before going to the fridge. “I’ll make ginger tea, drink it.” He spoke and as what he has expected, she started groaning in a whiny way. She hates ginger a lot. “I’m fine now, Oppa. I’ll go back to sleep.” She grumbles and tries to escape but Kyungsoo successfully held her back. “No, I’ll make you choose. Chew a piece of ginger like a candy or put it in tea.” He asks and Ahreum started stomping her feet while trying to cringe away from his hold.

“Okay, I’ll bring you to the hospital and make the doctors cut your stomach to remove the pain, you want?” He then asks earning a much bigger tantrum from her. “Okay, fine. . . Ahh—let go. . .” She whines and yanks away from him. Kyungsoo heaves a sigh before walking to the water heater. “Don’t move. I’ll make you the ginger tea.” He said and Ahreum just climbs up to the counter to sit there while folding her arms. She had this very sulky expression right now.

“Don’t give me that face, if you want to fall asleep comfortably, listen to me and drink what I’ll give you.” Kyungsoo scolds while staring down at the heater. “I feel something’s gonna happen, maybe I’ll die soon. . .” Ahreum murmurs making him flick his tongue before walking heavily to her. “Yah. Stop being a sulky kid.” He said and flicked her forehead earning a yelp from her. “Geez, it’s just an upset stomach, you keep saying nonsense.” He grunts while glaring at her. “What if it’s just upset stomach, I can still die if I’m meant t— “Yah, you’re freaking me out. Stop it now.” Kyungsoo scolds. He grabs her hand and slap her there like an angry mother.

“Don’t ever say that again. So sulky, I’m just giving you ginger tea.” He, again, flicked her on the forehead while glaring hard before walking back to the heater. “But I hate ginger. . .” Ahreum throws a fit again while rubbing her face. “Yeah you hate it, it doesn’t mean you’ll say crappy things like that and scare the hell out of me.” Kyungsoo groans back while grabbing Ahreum’s mug. He started making the ginger tea for her while she just rubbed her tummy there while glaring in space. “I swear, I really feel weird and stuf— “BAE AHREUM, you won’t die because of having ginger, OKAY?” Kyungsoo slams his hand on the counter as he called her name out with a firm voice.

And somehow, a smile slowly grows on Ahreum’s face while looking at him. “Oppa doesn’t like it if I die?” She asks, out of nowhere, being back to her silly and childish self. Kyungsoo looks back down to the tea he was making. “What kind of question is that, you’re my wife.” He answers immediately. “Will you cry? In over two years that we’ve been together, I haven’t seen you really cried. That would be funny.” Ahreum coos while laughing. Losing his patience, he walked back to her and put his hands on the edge of the counter to trap her there. As soon as he gave her such stare, Ahreum quickly shakes her head out of fear.

“I-I’m gonna shut up now. . .” She murmurs while looking back timidly. “Don’t you EVER talk about death again, understand me?” he asks and Ahreum gulped when he choked through his words. “Do you understand me?” he repeated much firmer which left her speechless while blinking hard. “I-I was just joking . .” She mumbles back while looking back at his somewhat sparkling eyes. “Well it’s not funny and it will never be funny. Stop putting the thought in my head, it’s irritating.” He scolded before quickly turning away and walking back to the other side of the counter.

Ahreum bites on her bottom lip while staring at his back figure. “Are you. . . about to cry?” She asks, all of a sudden, her mind was diverted from her upset s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter