All I Need

More Than A Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“So how is she right now?”

“Her first two weeks I think were kind of hectic right away. I’m not sure since we only get to text most of the times but the things I’m sure about are that she already got her own place, she got a manager and. . . she’s preparing for it, I guess.” Kyungsoo answers while stirring the cup of coffee he was making for his mom. Mrs. Do apparently visited without a notice and since it’s Sunday, Kyungsoo fortunately didn’t have work. “She seems okay.” He adds while chuckling lightly. Mrs. Do heaves a sigh while staring at her son out of worry. “How about you? Are you okay, son?” She asks.

Kyungsoo nods right away while clearing his throat. “Of course, I wouldn’t be if I’m selfish. I’m not selfish, that’s why.” He answers before pushing the cup towards her direction across the table. “So for the past. . . how long has it been when she signed the contract?” Mrs. Do asks before taking a small sip on the coffee. “Oh this tastes nice, my dear.” She side-comments while smiling. “Yeah, that’s how my wife makes it. I got used to it.” Kyungsoo answers while taking a can of soda out of the fridge. “It’s been over a month I guess. . . like. . . a month and two weeks.” He slowly answers like he was embarrassed of actually saying it in detail. “But it’s okay, she texts me every morning and night.” He adds in right away to somewhat defend himself in advance.

“So how’s this going to happen? When would she go home here to you?” Mrs. Do asks while frowning. “We haven’t talked about that. I gave her time to focus on the preparation first. Maybe once the filming starts, we can just talk about it through the phone. But she told me she’ll give at least every other day to sneak out and travel here but I doubt it. I know she wants to but. . .” Kyungsoo answers before drinking on the can. He walks back to the table and sat across his mom. “I know she could say that right now because she hasn’t been into the real thing yet.” He adds while looking around to avoid his mother’s worried eyes. “If I were to decide on it. . . even just. . . two days in a week given to me.” He muffles while running his fingers through his hair. “I just. . . don’t want a whole week to pass without seeing even the slightest of her. Two days is. . . of course I’d want it to be longer but just for her sake once she gets busy, two days is alright.” He adds as if desperate to explain.

“Dear. . . I’m worried about you. Are you sure you’re okay? Do you want me to go here always? Maybe cook for you or. . . clean?” Mrs. Do asks and reached for his hand across the table. “I’m alright, Eomma. Just focus on taking care of Appa like always. I’m already old, no need to worry like that.” Kyungsoo rejects right away before giving her a forced smile. “Since you’ve mentioned it. . . so. . .” Mrs. Do clears while hesitantly eyeing her son. “You two won’t have any plans to have a. . . child?” She then spills the beans out, one thing she’s been dreading to ask ever since the two got married.

Kyungsoo looks away while scratching the back of his neck. “She’s on pills. . . even before she got the break.” He answers. He couldn’t seem to give a nice answer. Deep inside of him, he always wanted to have a child with her as early as possible but of course, he knows her situation even before she got the debut offer. He’s much aware that she’s not ready for that yet. “You’ll have to wait a little much longer, Eomma.” He forces a small chuckle while glancing at his mom. “I don’t know if I’m being strange but looking at you makes me want to cry.” Mrs. Do mutters while frowning hard at her son. “Geez, you’re overreacting, Eomma.” Kyungsoo stands up while scoffing.

“Okay fine, I’m overreacting but. . . you can’t blame me. I’m still your mom, I can feel your pain as my own, even double of it. I understand Ahreum, believe me. I know how much she wants this and I’m very happy for her. I’m just worried about you and how you really feel about this.” Mrs. Do explains while holding the mug with both hands to make herself warm. “Nothing will happen if I say I’m not okay, Eomma. It. . .” he looks away while making a blowfish. “It won’t make her come home to me everyday.” He finishes his sentence while giving a sardonic smile. “Oh dear Lord, that’s just so sad to hear. . . that’s it, I’m crying.” Mrs. Do finally covers her face with her hand and starts sobbing. “Eomma, don’t be silly.” Kyungsoo leaned on the counter while watching his mother cry.

“S-sorry, I just. . . I know you don’t want me feeling sorry for you but I feel sorry for you, don’t get mad at me I can’t help it. . .” She answers back in between sobs. So grabbing a few sheets of kitchen napkin, Kyungsoo walks over the table again and handed it to his mom who took it right away and began blowing her nose. He could help but to look away while chuckling at his silly mom, very similar to his wife. “H-how’s your work?” Mrs. Do then asks while still crying. “Good and tiring at the same time. I’ve been managing the drama club quite well. They’re all scared at me so everything works out the way I want. It’s not really that much.” Kyungsoo answers and sits down again. “Do you not miss Ahreum?” She then asks to which he just responded with a simple chuckle. “No, I’m alright. Eomma, please just relax. She didn’t leave Korea and she’s definitely not dead. You don’t have to worry about me too much cause I c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter