Right Time

More Than A Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

| T I M E  H O P |

 

Nearly two years have passed and a lot of things happened between Ahreum and Kyungsoo and the people around them. Good and bad combined which made them a strong pair. A lot of things changed but one sad thing that is still the same. . . Ahreum still hasn’t gotten any debut offer yet. It was one sad fact that happened and keeps on happening every single day for all those times that have passed ‘til the present. One reason why despite of being happily in love with Kyungsoo, Ahreum always gets frustrated about it.

A lot of the trainees she used to train with already got their debuts and are already rising in the limelight and there she was, working with mostly her hoobaes. She’s just one of the very few ‘oldies’ in the agency’s training group. All of her fellow trainees right now are only on their teens and there she is a full grown woman ready to shine but is still in the process.

And is still called ‘not good enough’ which sometimes brings her to the verge of giving up.

But her dream puts her still on that very edge, not letting her fall. That’s how badly she dreams of becoming an actress. And every single day, she waits for that moment that she will get a debut offer.

Just like today. The other week it was announced that a producer from one agency who’s going to create a movie is looking for a fresh face as one of the main characters. She can only hope that it’s going to be her this time. It was hurtful enough that she has encountered six of her trainee friends in the past get debut offers while she stays there all alone. Lined up at the center of the action training room, Ahreum clasps her hands together tightly as one of the company’s agents stand before them.

“So the F.Link Agency has discussed the picking with us yesterday and we’ve shown them all of your profiles and also evaluation marks. They have just picked the most perfect face for their upcoming movie. They’ve seen a lot of potential not only on her face but also to her profile and they really want to give this movie to her.” The agent speaks with a smile. Ahreum’s chest begin throbbing with so much nervousness, she was mentally praying that it would be her. It should be her, she should be out of this state already. She’s very tired of working so hard and receiving no award like this. She needs this so bad.

“Song Jaeha.”

Within a blink, her eyes begin glittering with tears as she hears another name being called. Trainees and of course the choses one celebrated, cheered and hugged while she stood there motionless.  Song Jaeha was her three-year Hoobae of hers, they’re also friends. Ahreum can’t understand why. She has experienced more than these other trainees have and yet she’s not ‘perfect’ enough for the characters, whatever it is. Her thoughts were interrupted when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She looked up and it was Jaeha. “Unni, I-I know how excited you were waiting for this announcement and. . . I’m so sorry.” She speaks with a frown.

With that, a tear finally escaped Ahreum’s eyes but she quickly wiped it. “It’s okay.” She briefly answers with a forced smile before walking straight out of the room. She needs space. Her mind was all blank and she felt sick all over her body.

And there’s only one person she can run to right now.

Do Kyungsoo.

Without even a bag with her, she took a train to Bucheon. She didn’t even have her phone, she just brought her wallet and nothing else. She knows she won’t feel better if she doesn’t see him today. All throughout her travel, she kept on crying. Some people even offered her help and stuff. She just can’t control her emotions. It was too painful for her. Worse, Jaeha is actually her only friend of all the trainees in there and now she’s also gone. She feels so useless, talentless and over all garbage.

This is one of those days where she doesn’t know what else to do but to hide herself on Kyungsoo’s arms and never let go for hours.

Although she knows by not notifying him about her coming to Bucheon she will probably get some scolding later, she didn’t care anymore. She just needs him right now.

 

Arriving at Bucheon, she took a cab to Kyungsoo’s house. It’s just a quick ten-minute ride to the destination but she still ended up, somehow, sleeping. She was just so tired of crying and her eyes felt heavy and swollen. Almost an hour travel to Bucheon, half of it she only cried and the other half, stared in nothingness having the worst thoughts ever inside her head.

“Miss, we’re here.” The voice of the driver woke her up right away and she looks around while blinking. “You look so tired, Miss. Good thing there’s no traffic jam.” He adds and Ahreum forces a smile before getting a few bills in her wallet. After that, she got out of the cab. Just the right timing, Kyungsoo’s mother is currently watering the plants. The moment Ahreum arrived by the gates, the old woman saw her. “Oh~ Ahre—are you okay?” Mrs. Do noticed her state immediately. Ahreum went in and walked towards her. “Annyeonghaseyo, Eomonim.” She greeted weakly and bowed.

“You look so sick, honey. Are you alright? Kyungsoo’s inside but he’s pretty busy checking the students’ test papers. Do you want to talk about it with me?” Mrs. Do asks while her hair. “I’m fine, Eomonim. I’ll just go to him first. Thank you.” Ahreum responds monotonously and bows politely again before walking straight into the house. Once she got in front of Kyungsoo’s door, she opened it without knowing anymore. She immediately saw her boyfriend’s back figure sitting on his desk, heads all down while checking the papers.

Her heavy footsteps alone made Kyungsoo sigh but she continued checking and writing. “How many times do I have to tell you to at least text or call before you go here.” He speaks as if the sound of her steps alone were enough for him to know it’s her. “Oppa. . .” Ahreum calls and as

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter