Mandatory

More Than A Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“We’ll go surprise oldie Appa, okie?”

Cautiously opening the door, Ahreum first picked up the oldest, Daehan, and skipped fast into the room. She placed him on the bed before going back at the door. Next, was Minguk and lastly was Manse. Once the ten-month old triplets were all seated in line on the bed, Ahreum glanced at the closed door of the bathroom with a big beam on her face.

It’s Kyungsoo’s birthday today.

And just for the occasion, she sneakily dressed the triplets up in cute attires. while Kyungsoo washed up.

The three babies looked up to their giggling mom with their growing smiles. It’s as if seeing their parent’s smile was enough for them to be happy, at their age, they have no other source of happiness but their parents and. . . food. “Oppa~ Are you done?” Ahreum coos while rubbing her hands together. “Wait.” She heard Kyungsoo’s faint voice from inside. She bends down the triplets, “Appa’s birthday~ it’s Appa’s birthday, ne?” She chants while softly clapping her hands that made the triplets automatically excited while trying to mimic her claps while cooing with their adorable baby sounds. “Ba~ yayayayaaa~” Minguk chants, finishing it off with a squeal which surprised Ahreum. She started laughing softly while covering . “Ssh, Appa will hear.” She muffles in between giggles.

Just then, Kyungsoo finally opened the door of the bathroom having a questioning look after hearing Minguk’s sudden squeal.

He only had his pants on and a towel slung on his bare shoulder.

“They’re awake now—what the. . .” Before he could finish his sentence, he immediately noticed the triplet’s cute outfits which automatically made him smile while walking. “Their Appa is half a sixty now so triplets should be sooo cute~” Ahreum adorably coos while hopping. “Eunggg~ Happy birthday Appa.” She skips to him and tiptoes to hug him on the neck. She already greeted him twice this morning but thought why not greet him again. Their hug was just short since Kyungsoo was too excited to go to his sons.

He flops down the bed while staring at them in enjoyment.

“Aigoo, my boys are so cute.” He grins while giving each of them a kiss on the lips. They immediately crawled closer to him, Manse winning it and arrived first on his lap. It’s hard not to grin like a moron even to a most-of-the-time calm and reserved man like Kyungsoo when three adorable babies are latching on his body right now. Worse, they’re his own. Ahreum sat down beside them and rubbed Kyungsoo’s damp back. “So do you want a family date or just here? Whatever the birthday boy wants.” She asks with a sweet smile. Holding Manse and Minguk on his lap and Daehan beside him, Kyungsoo turned to his wife and leaned down for a kiss on the lips.

Until Minguk started crying.

“Okay okay, no mommy kiss.” Kyungsoo cut it right away knowing how possessive Minguk is to his Eomma at the moment. The baby stretched his short arms towards Ahreum and so Kyungsoo gave him to her. “Aigoo~ you don’t want Eomma kissing Appa? Eung~” She coos and kisses the baby’s lips instead. Minguk clutched on her neck and his crying face started calming down again while muttering his babble of ‘Ma’ to her. “Okay, Appa only has Daehan and Manse?” Kyungsoo asks lifting both babies and flopping down the bed in sideways. Minguk turned his head to watch them.

And again, he started crying.

He looked up to Ahreum with his awfully bawling face like he was trying to tell them to her. “Aigoo~ they’re not counting you in? Yah~ Bad boys.” Ahreum plays along and jokingly hid Kyungsoo’s bum with her knuckles. She let go of the baby who immediately crawls to join them. “Oh? Mingukkie? You don’t want Appa, right?’ Kyungsoo baby-talks while moving away grabbing Manse and Daehan along. Minguk started crawling to chase them around the bed while crying. “Yah! Stop bullying him.” Ahreum groans which immediately made Kyungsoo stop. “No~ Appa loves Minguk too. Come here.” He sits up and lifted the baby up to his arms. “Omo, he’s so sweet.” Ahreum squeals when Minguk placed the side of his head on Kyungsoo’s shoulder right away as if he was ready to take a nap.

“He got your sweetness. So clingy.” Kyungsoo mutters as if he didn’t mean to let Ahreum hear. “So Oppa, where do you want to celebrate?” Ahreum then asks while playing with Daehan and Manse on the center of the bed. Since they’ve been celebrating each other’s birthday together for years, they seem to have ran out of ideas, it’s not even a big deal to them anymore although it’s still special. “I don’t know, maybe just go out for lunch or something.” Kyungsoo answers while patting Minguk’s back. “Oh right, how’s your visit home? Is Eomma and Appa okay? Appa called you over to talk, right? He’s been calling you over for a few times already. Is he alright?” Ahreum then asks and Kyungsoo lost his smile for a short while.

He looks away and clears his throat.

“Let’s talk about it later, you go dress up now.” He turns to her with a forced smile this time. “Is it something important?” Ahreum asks but she already got off the bed to change her clothes. Kyungsoo just watched Ahreum’s back figure as she entered the walk-in closet. The triplets on the other hand started playing together on their own since there were a lot of plushies and toys on the bed anyway. “Kind of. . . but let’s enjoy today first.” He answers back after a while. He slouched down and held on his head while massaging his temples.

Until Ahreum went to stand right on the opened door of the walk-in closet while holding a dress on a hanger. “You’re making me nervous, what’s it about? Just tell me.” She asks while raising an eyebrow. It made Kyungsoo up again while scratching his neck. “Ahreum. . .” he heaves a sigh first before continuing. “I know you could see thi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter