A Mother's Journey

More Than A Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Different from what they’ve always looked forward to, Ahreum had a much harder time in her pregnancy having to handle triplets. It was their first time yet they had to adjust to a lot of things that not all new parents experience. However, be it that it’s double the stress. . . it’s triple the excitement.  

 

 

Week 16

Kyungsoo stares at the door of the room in surprise as his wife enters with a few of his drama club students. “Sir!~ Look, Ahreum unni!” Some of them guided the pregnant woman in and the others were carrying brown bags. Apparently, Ahreum decided to visit and bring along snacks for the students and Kyungsoo. “What are you doing here?” Rushing to her immediately, Kyungsoo signaled the students to let her go and grabbed her hand instead. “I got bored that’s why.” Ahreum casually answered while smiling to the students who were circled around them right now. All of them were fanning over her presence. “Unni~ your baby bump looks so cute.” They chant in amazement.

Having triplets, her tummy looks bigger than a normal single pregnancy’s.

“Yes, I know right? Aigoo~” Ahreum makes a blowfish in between panting. Kyungsoo clacked his tongue feeling concerned of her still going out. “Take a seat first.” He dragged her to his table and made her sit on the chair. “I brought snacks for you guys, hm? Just eat up okay?” Ahreum bent down and shove Kyungsoo out of the way to look at the students again. They were now all seated down the floor while other students distribute the snacks.

“Thank you, Noona!~”

“Thank you, Unni!~”

Once the students’ attention was down to the food, Kyungsoo grabbed another stool and sat across Ahreum. “Everything’s fine?” He asks while her tummy. “What if Dr. Goo finds something tomorrow because of the bleeding the other day? I’m scared. . .” She murmurs, finally admitting her real intention of seeking Kyungsoo’s presence all of a sudden. “Hey. . . didn’t you bleed the other time too? But the OB said the three are perfectly fine. Don’t over-think. It’s just a part of it. Okay?” he reassures and brushes the back of his hand on her cheek as if trying to remove the frown off her face. “Did you bleed so much?” he adds softly. Ahreum shakes her head. “Just very little. But Oppa, it’s still blood. What if—“Ssh. . .” Kyungsoo cuts her off and held her on the cheeks. “Think of the bright side. We’re going to determine the gender tomorrow. Isn’t that something to be excited about?” He smiles before pinching her nose gently.

And finally, she smiled.

“Oppa, I’m still betting it’s two boys and one girl because Eomma says so.”

“No, all girls.”

“No, we need to have boys too so baby girl will be protected.”

“Appa’s here, so all girls are fine.”

Two pairs of nervous eyes dart down the doctor who was looking through the monitor while running the apparatus across Ahreum’s tummy with the cold gel. “Doc?” Kyungsoo tries calling out as he’s starting to get impatient. “Be patient, Appa.” The doctor chuckles. The couple looked at each other. “If I win, you buy me a new makeup palette.” Ahreum muffles. “Don’t you get tired of those palettes? They have like the same colors.” Kyungsoo answers back. “They’re different. You’ll never understand because you’re a boy, okay.” She argues back. “Aigoo, Ahreum-ah. I think you’ll be left out in games later in the future.” Dr. Goo suddenly tells making thje couple turn back to her.

“Ne?”

Dr. Goo turned to them with a smile. “You have three handsome boys.” She announces in a very nice way. Kyungsoo’s mouth hung open as he stares at the monitor. “T-three. . . All boys?” He asks with his growing smile. “Oh my god. . .” Ahreum throws her head back on the small pillow behind her head and covered her smiling yet flustered face. “Heard that? Three boys.” Kyungsoo tugs on her arm while smiling widely.  He completely forgot about betting on ‘three girls’ because the idea of having three boys is also very exciting for him. Of course.

 

 

Week 22

“Oppa. . .”

Shooting up from the bed as immediately as possible, Kyungsoo turned to his wife. “What.” He coos softly while looking down to her through the darkness. “I can’t sleep. . .” Ahreum muffles which made Kyungsoo sigh in relief. He turns to the bedside table and turned the lamp on before moving close to her again. “Oppa, can you get my tummy cream.” Ahreum groans while her tummy. Without any word, Kyungsoo got off the bed and went to their drawers. After getting the cream, he groggily walks back to the bed and handed the pot of cream to Ahreum. “Not feeling any pain?” He asks while tucking himself back into the comforter. “Just a bit, on my back and legs.” She answered briefly as she lifts her sleeping dress up and started applying the cream on her tummy.

With his half-closed eyes, Kyungsoo got up again and crawled to the end of the bed. He lifted the comforter from Ahreum’s legs and started giving them light presses with his hands. Ahreum smiled while rubbing her tummy with the cream. “Did you finish folding the clothes you washed, Oppa?” She asks. Kyungsoo gave a sleepy nod, the movements of his hands getting slower and slower with each press. Ahreum watched as his head would constantly drop down and lift back up. She can’t help but to c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter