Three Times

More Than A Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

It’s been two days since the three handsome boys named, Do Daehan, Do Minguk and Do Manse—Ahreum’s idea just because it’s a fascinating thing to do to give such names to the boys—were welcomed to the world. At the moment, they were settled down in the NICU being monitored more than ever since they were pre-term. Fortunately, the pain of labor Ahreum encountered was cut off a shortly because of the C-section. She couldn’t imagine if she was to feel that kind of pain for hours and hours.

But she didn’t know recovering from it was also awful, even worse than the contractions she felt for hours.

Day two from the surgery and she’s starting to feel the sting of the surgery more and more. Her catheter was finally removed and so she can go to the bathroom and walk around as well.

Being the first time mother, she still has a lot of shock from everything. Compared to yesterday, she is saner today which is a good thing.  Stepping out of the bathroom, Kyungsoo welcomed her right away and guided her gently back to the bed. “I saw blood in there when I was peeing. . . could you call the nurse later? I've heard from it already buy I still want to check.” She asks with her hoarse voice while clearing his throat. “Sure. Have you farted?” Kyungsoo asks making Ahreum look at him with her disgruntled look. “Ask that one more time I’m going to cut your tummy too.” She warns getting annoyed by the constant question already. “Okay, fine. . . The nurses just told me to check up on you on that. It means your intestines are working well again. Don’t you want that? You can eat solid food by then.” Kyungsoo answers back and helped her sit down the bed.

“Wanna lie down?” He asks. “Wait. . .” Ahreum murmurs while panting, enduring the throbbing sensation on her stitches. “You can take the oral painkiller already, the doctor already switched it. I’ll just get it.” Kyungsoo left her side and went to the corner. “When can I see them?” Ahreum asks while looking at his direction. “We can have a glimpse of them in the NICU later, I’ll just call for a wheelchair. Why don’t you try walking around a bit.” Kyungsoo answers and walks back to the bed while holding a glass of water and the oral painkiller.

Ahreum only shook her head while showing a pained expression before taking the medicine. “Just around this room, slowly. You don’t need to walk fast. The nurses told me to urge you to walk.” He tries explaining while fixing his wife’s bed hair. Ahreum gulped down the last amount of water from the glass before giving it back to Kyungsoo. “I can’t even get off the bed without tears forming in my eyes, you want me to walk around? Tomorrow, I’ll try. Give me time.” She asks. Kyungsoo just sighed before placing the glass down the bedside table. He sat down beside her and put an arm over her shoulders. Ahreum turned her head to look back at him, finally with a smile. “They’re so beautiful. . . although Manse, our little boy, is pretty unhealthy right now compared to the two.” Kyungsoo softly muttered and made their foreheads touch.

Ahreum pouts while looking back at him with worry in her eyes. Kyungsoo just smiled and nuzzled the tips of their noses together. “No worries, the three are so strong. And cute too, of course.” He assures before looking straight ahead again. “Oppa, how about you take a rest? You haven’t had a decent sleep ever since I got admitted. Call Eomma over instead.” Ahreum suggests only to receive a chuckle from him. “She’ll come later by lunch time but I won’t leave. I’m all fine here.” He stands up and faced her again. “Do you want to lie down now?” he asks and so Ahreum let him help her lay herself down the comfort of the bed again.

What comfort? It was hell getting on and off the bed, she feels like being ran on by a train every time she feels the pain.

So cutting this hell of a recovery. . .

 

|  T W O  W E E K S  L A T E R  |

 

They’re finally home but only Daehan and Minguk were able to go home with them. Manse had to stay for another week in the NICU for further monitoring until he’s healthy enough to live. For the mean time, Ahreum’s at home with her in-law’s while Kyungsoo goes to Manse more often. “Eomma, he’s sleeping?” She mouths softly while smiling down at the edge of the bed where her mother-in-law was sitting down at and had the oldest, Daehan in her arms. Ahreum on the other hand, had Minguk currently being fed. Mrs. Do nods while stifling a giggle. “He looks so cute, Ahreummie.” She muffles while looking down the baby. “I miss Manse, I hope he gets home soon.” Ahreum mumbles

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter