Reality Check

More Than A Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Ahh~ That was tiringly fun.”

A stylist came to Ahreum as soon as she reached the backstage and fixed her makeup for the upshot interview later on. The School Attack has officially ended and the students were already being lead by the school staffs out of the auditorium. “Where’s Kyungsoo?” Ahreum asks her manager while looking around. “I don’t know, he left earlier.” The manager answers briefly and her eyes were locked down her phone as she contacted the staffs of Ahreum’s next schedule. “Unni, I’ll just look for him and say goodbye.” She answers and was about to walk out when the manager grabbed her by the wrist.

She finally looks back.

“By the way, haven’t youy explain to him about your schedules on the day of your birthday? Didn’t we already talk about it?” The old lady asks. “Yeah, I already told him about that. Why?” Ahreum asks while blinking. The manager heaves a sigh while rolling his eyes. “Well he just tried invading your schedules earlier saying that he still has rights to get into it. Look, Ahreum. Talk to your husband and explain the situation. His actions were so unprofessional.” She scolds. “H-he did? Omo. . . he really wants to go on a trip with me. Unni. . .” Ahreum’s smile formed and tugged on her manager’s arm. “What are you smiling about that? He clearly doesn’t understand your career and so I explain to him. If he got offended, so be it. But you still got to talk to him, he doesn’t seem to listen to anyone.” She retorts back making the actress frown.

“Why’d you think he’ll get offended? My husband is open-minded. What did you say?” Her voice sounding very low and worried. “Nothing much. I just gave him a reality check that you’re the public’s property so he can’t control you, that’s all. I mean who does he think he is trying to tell me what to do? He’s not your manager.” Manager explains before taking a phone call. Ahreum’s face fell as soon as she heard it and without further ado walked away to search for her husband.

Whilst searching around, she starts calling him on his phone. “Oppa, pick up please. . .” She muffles out of worry while looking around. Just then, a faint ringtone could be heard from somewhere and she recognized it at his right away. “Oppa?” He calls while looking around the empty backstage. She follows the sound until she arrived at the door that says ‘Dressing Room’ and without further ado, entered. There she saw her husband lying down a couch at one corner while having his beeping phone on his chest. He had his forearms over his eyes. “Oppa?” Ahreum steps in and locked the door before walking over to him. “Oppa, I was calling.” He sits down on the remaining space of the couch and took the phone. She stopped the call and put her phone down as well. “Oppa— “What are you doing here. Get out, people might see us. . .” Kyungsoo muffles and his voice was trembling which made Ahreum frown.

“Are you okay?” She asks and tries removing his arm covering his eyes but stopped when she felt his very warm skin. “Oh my god, you’re burning. . .” She frantically tells and forcefully pushes his arm down. “Oppa?” She tries pulling him up but didn’t need to for long when Kyungsoo sat up and pulled her in for a tight hug. “I don’t want to lie to you. I’m hurting so much right now because of everything. I’m so tired of it but I will still understand. I just want to let this out and I’ll be okay. I understand you, you know that right. . .” He burst while crying hard and Ahreum was frozen on the spot being caught off-guard of his sudden action. “I’m okay now.” He quickly pulls away and tries to get up when he felt weak and eventually fell back to the couch.

Ahreum caught him right away. “Oppa. . . let’s go home, hm?” She asks, her tears were already forming but she holds it in. “No, I’m fine. Go now. I’m just going to rest a bit. Go.” He looks back with his tear-stained face. He begins pushing her to stand up but she wouldn’t budge. “NO. I’m going home and take care of you. Okay??’ For th first time, she tells with authority before walking out of the room first. She goes back to her manager’s side with a firm expression. “I’m going home. He’s sick, I need to take care of him.” She speaks making the manager turn while chuckling.

“Oh, no he’s acting out like a victim. Ahreum, you have schedule—“He’s not acting out and he never does. He’s been sick since yesterday and probably, talking to you made it worse. I’m going home. I’ll bring him along to the van.” She tells before walking back to the dressing room. Kyungsoo hesitantly looks at her as she smiles lightly. “Don’t think about anything first. We’ll go out at the back exit of this school anyway, no trouble the security sent for us is huge too since this is a school. Go with me in the van and we’ll go home. Just leave your car here, I’m sure you can get it when you go back to work. Come.” She pulls him up by the wrists.

“Are you sure. You have a schedule.” Kyungsoo meekly asks while looking at the door. “And I have a sick hubby. That’s more important. Le

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter