Once & For All

More Than A Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Hearing the doorbell, Mrs. Do leaves the living room for a while and walked straight to the front door. As soon as she opened it, “Oh? Son—oh. . .” She was wrapped in a tight hug before she knew it. “Son? Is everything alright? Come inside.” Her mind’s filled with worry right away as she dragged Kyungsoo in. She closes the door before following him to the couch. “What’s this about?” She asks and sat beside him. “I just put Ahreum’s career in danger.” Kyungsoo murmurs as he places both elbows on his knees before running his fingers through his hair. “Huh? Wait, I’ll turn off the TV.” The old woman grabbed the TV remote and was about to turn it off when a breaking news came.

The announcer states,

‘Breaking. Actress of drama You’re My Sunshine was recently harassed by a male fan during a fan-sign event held in Bucheon. Witnesses have stated the discourteous actions of the male fan towards the actress during the signing. It was also confirmed that the male fan was known to be a teacher in Jungwon High and was believed to have gone to the event with a young lad who is speculated to be his student. On the other hand, because of the traumatic incident, Actress Bae Ahreum is believed to have been terrified and eventually passed out. She was immediately brought to Soonchunhyang University Hospital. Further updates about the actress shall be released later this day.’

 

“Oh my god. . . was that you?” Mrs. Do covered as the news showed some captured photos during the time when Kyungsoo was being dragged away from the scene. Kyungsoo covered his face as he tears up more. “S-she was sick. . . I wasn’t doing anything like that. The news is all lies. H-harrassment?” he asks in disbelief. Mrs. Do was open-mouthed as she stared at the photos released which were captured by the witnesses at the event. The news also showed some captures of articles and flood of comments from the netizens and it automatically broke the mother’s heart. “Oh my god. . .” She begins crying silently as she stared at her son’s covered face. “Eomma, what am I going to do. . .” Kyungsoo muffles and without further ado, he lifted his head up and moved to hug his mother out of fear.

Fear to lose her.

Still being shocked, Mrs. Do could only hug him as well while rubbing his back. “What exactly happened, hm?” She asks, doing her best to stay as calm as she could. It was my turn on the fan-signing and I just couldn’t help it. She looked unwell and I needed to confirm it myself. I t-touched her to know her temperature. T-that’s it.” Kyungsoo briefly explains. Mrs. Do closed her eyes tightly as her tears get heavier. “Why didn’t you tell them, son?” She pulled away just enough for her to cup Kyungsoo’s face and wipe his tears. “They won’t listen to me. They’ll believe what they want to believe. I just want to see her right now.” He puts an elbow on his knee again before covering his eyes with a hand. “But son, it’ll be dangerous if you go there. I’m worried. What if the— “Eomma, my wife is sick. And look, you know her manager won’t have the guts to actually bring me to the police because the truth will be revealed. Eomma, I should be in the police being investigated right now. I could have given my side if they brought me there instead.” Kyungsoo exclaims being so frustrated of everything.

The atmosphere grows silent as the two both looked down.

“Your father will get mad at these people judging you. And even your school’s name was brought up. . . this will be a big problem.” Mrs. Do muffles, barely opening. “I just want to see her and bring her home. She needs a lot of rest.” Kyungsoo mumbles as if he has gone tired of thinking about the actual incident. “Son, are you hearing yourself right now? There’s bigger problems than that. Your job, your name, everything will be—“My wife is sick. She’s overworking and that is technically an abuse, that’s my biggest problem, not that one. I don’t care about their lies.” Kyungsoo answers back.

“Son. . .” Mrs. Do muffles and tugged on his shirt. “Just go home to us. Everything’s so unfair for you already and you don’t deserve it. Please. . . you’re not going to be safe anymore. Just go home, please.” She pleads but Kyungsoo just pulled away. “Eomma I can’t do that. I am no—“ His words were cut off when his phone rang. He stood up and took it out from his pockets. It was Manager Jaehee calling. He glances at his mother briefly before answering it. “Come to Soonchunhyang The hospital’s requiring a relative’s signature for the tests and prescription that were given to her. They won’t just let me sign because I’m only the manager. It’ll be fine since the hospital has privacy policies anyway. If you do, I’ll allow you to see her.” The woman explains and hung up right away. “I’m going to the hospital.” Kyungsoo tells as he keeps his phone back to his pockets. Mrs. Do stood up and held him back. “No, Do Kyungsoo. Please, don’t make everything worse. Just go home to us. I understand her and you know I love her too but this isn’t working out like this. Hm? Just go home for a while?” Mrs. Do pleads. Kyungsoo gently pushes her hand down before bowing and he said,

“I may have a home to run to at times like this. . . but how about her? I’m her only home.”

 

_ _ _

 

Arriving at the VIP floor where Jaehee lead him to through a text message, Kyungsoo was blocked by some security right away. “We recognize your face and we’ll call the police straight away if you don’t move back and not cause another disruption here in the hospital.” One guy warns. Kyungsoo looked away while supressing his anger. Probably, Jaehee didn’t tell the security about her calling him here nor him being Ahreum’s husband. The hospital’s security doesn’t have a privacy policy like that because they’re under the police. Just then, the wide door they were protecting opened. It was Manager Yook Jaehee.

“Let him go. He was called by the CEO because of the issue and the case will hopefully be resolved through the discussion with him later. Don’t worry, we’ll give you a call right away if he does something.” She spoke and Kyungsoo’s eyes widen in disbelief. So the security all bowed before walking back to their respective areas, some right by the elevator and every corner of the corridors. When Kyungsoo was left with the manager, he spoke. “If I do something? Are you hearing yourself right now?” he asks, not caring about politeness anymore.

“I called you here to sign these papers. She had over-fatigue she will be put in a series of tests for further check-up. Since you’re the only relative of her, your sign of approval is needed. Just sign these and go.” Jaehee tells. “W-what? You told me I can go to he—“You can’t. Her fellow actors are inside to visit right now.” She cuts him off. With his trembling hands, he signed the given papers. But just as he was doing so, he started hearing faint cries from inside. “A-ahreum?” he looks up and tries to get in but Jaehee blocked him. “Just sign those. She’s been whining since she woke up.” She explains and Kyungsoo’s face hardened as he looks back at her. He could hear her faint cries and he just knows she’s looking for him. “I won’t finish these papers if you don’t let me in.” He grunts. “Oh, you’re threatening me now? Do you want to be dragged by the security again?” Jaehee asks. “Go ahead and try. I’ll allow them to bring me to the police a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter