Under Her

More Than A Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“C’mon, you look stupid slapping a doll. It’s not real.”

“No! Go away, Oppa. I’m concentrating here.”

Having his hands on his waist, Kyungsoo watches his wife make a fool of herself while beating up an innocent life-sized doll on the couch. “I don’t know why you’re named an Angel when you’re obviously a snake! I hate you!” Ahreum exclaims while slapping the doll multiple times. “Oh, that line’s intense.” Kyungsoo scoffed and leaned on the divider closet. “Sohyun’s gonna be dead by how your beat her up that way though.” He adds making Ahreum immediately stop while looking at the doll with an alarmed expression. “Omo, are you okay??” She asks while lifting the lifeless doll up.

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes before walking his way to his wife. “Give me that.” He snatched the doll and threw it down the ground. “Slap me. Now.” He grabbed her by the shoulders and pointed to his face. “NO.” Ahreum hid her hands behind her while walking backwards. “Imagine me, cheating on you with a gorgeous tall and y model. C’mon, slap me.” Kyungsoo tries encouraging her more. “You won’t go for tall girls, I know you.” Ahreum answers back making him heave a deep sigh and flick his tongue. “Aish. . . Yah.” He widens his eyes at her to scare her off.

“Oppa, this is stupid.” Ahreum argues while folding her arms. “What’s more stupid is me watching you beat up a lifeless doll while calling it a snake and I can’t even stop you.” Kyungsoo retorts back while pointing at the poor doll on the floor. “Whatever, I still won’t slap you. I can’t. . .” Ahreum turned away while pouting. “You know, I don’t even know why you debuted in the first place. Because you’re pretty? What else do you have? You’re not even good at acting, you at it. I’m humiliated to see you on TV.” Kyungsoo grunts making her slowly turn to him. Her tears immediately form in her eyes.

“I let that long TV series pass, I don’t have a choice so I just didn’t watch it. It’s an eye-sore to see you acting. Why do they even let you? And now another drama where you’re going to work with this wonderful young actress? Why did they take you? Because your name’s a hype now after revealing your marriage? I bet that’s the only reason, Ahreum. Cause besides that, you’re no where good on be—“Before Kyungsoo could even finish his sentence, a hard slap came across his face. His jaw dropped as his head involuntary turn to the left because of the impact and he could feel the panging sting on his right cheek.

Ahreum breathes heavily while crying. Hearing those words coming from his mouth was the worst kind of feeling that she could ever have. “That’s it!” Kyungsoo suddenly exclaimed with a smile but his eyebrows were still furrowed at how painful it was. “N-ne?” Ahreum asks while wiping her tears. “I made that up to make you mad. See? You eve—aww. . .” Kyungsoo tilted his head as the pain stung his cheek again and he had to put his hand on it to put pressure.

“O-omo. . . I just slapped you. I just. . . slapped you.” Ahreum slowly got aware of reality and her hands begin trembling. “I knew you can do it. You’re just hesitant but once you really put your heart into the scene you’re having, you’re really going to be angry and eventually do it.” Kyungsoo explained while stretching his neck, he thought he head would fall off. “I-it worked?’ Ahreum asks and completely stops from crying. Her smile was slowly growing and she starts hopping around.

And it was enough for Kyungsoo to smile wider as he gives her a loving and assuring nod.

“The things I said were the exact opposite of what you are. You have so much talent in this, you’re just hesitant to take them out. You’re intimidated by people around you. If you’re a badass, then be a badass. It’s just a character, it’s acting. Okay?” Kyungsoo asks and moved closer to her. To his surprise, another slap came to his left cheek this time. “Oh my god! It’s really me doing it!” Ahreum chants in satisfaction. Kyungsoo was left open-mouthed but he started laughing because of how happy and accomplished she looked. “Well, look at you?~” he coos while rubbing both of his cheeks. “Omo! I’m so energetic and encouraged now. Thank you so much Oppa I love you~” Ahreum kissed both of his cheeks making him smile, forgetting her painful slaps. That was until she spoke, “Can we do it a few more times so I could really master it and then we try with the lines I will deliver after? Just four takes together with the script will be enough.” She asks while clapping her hands and giving him her cutest expression.

“E-eh?”

 

Aftermath. . .

 

“I feel so happy today, I feel like eating dinner out later tonight. You want to, Oppa?”

Ahreum grins as she makes a smoothie. Kyungsoo on the other hand was across her on the counter while having two ice packs on either sides of his cheeks. “Yeah sure, let’s eat some tough meat ‘cause I think I can chew them well right now.” He answers with his disgruntled expression. “Aww you’re so cute with your rosy cheeks~” Ahreum squealed while looking at him with so much love. “Rosy? My cheeks are violet.” Kyungsoo answers back and Ahreum only put his hands with ice packs down and pinched his cheeks. “A-aww!” he yelped in pain and jumped away from him. “YAH!” He shouted and Ahreum laughed evilly.

“Too much for a villain. Geez. Be thankful that I love you, aish. . .Why do I even love you.” Kyungsoo groans while walking away. “I love you too!” Ahreum answers in between giggles before finishing the smoothies off. As he arrived at the living room, he flops down the couch and turned the TV on. He glances at the wall clock. It’s just five in the afternoon. They usually eat at seven when Ahreum’s at home like this. Maybe going out for dinner isn’t a bad idea after all. He feels like binge eating after being beaten up on the face by his practicing wife.

But all through this, he still feels happy that she is happy.

Even if it means being slapped for a total of fifteen times. Accurate. She really made it even in both sides saying, “Oppa~ we can let the other cheek rest shortly so we slap the other first and then the other again.” And some more stuffs. Worse, on the actual rehearsal of her, she even messed up the lines so she had to go all over again.

But he will always let her pass, she’s damn cute after all.

Looking at the kitchen, Kyungsoo leaned his neck on the couch while watching Ahreum pour the smoothie on a glass. “You think smoothies enough to make it up for me?” he jokes. Ahreum skips out of the kitchen while holding the glass. “I know it’s not~” She places the glass down the low table for a while before sitting right on his la

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter