Memory

More Than A Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Kyungsoo watches his silent wife move around the kitchen. For the past two weeks, she’s been acting strange. Much stranger than she already has been for the past months. This time, he could feel her distancing herself from him for a reason that he couldn’t seem to think of. “Ahreum? Baekhyun texted me, he already brought Doori to the hospital much earlier from the due date so she can be monitored well. D-do you want to visit tonight?” He asks hoping to interact with her even just a little. At the same time of ignoring him a lot, Ahreum’s been surprisingly sleeping in the living room instead.

Kyungsoo never failed to ask her why all the time but she will either say she doesn’t feel comfortable on the bed or it’s very hot in the room.

Also, she’s been going out too and Kyungsoo’s always aware that she had schedules. He doesn’t want to stress her out more if the reason of her anguish is her schedules but right now, he’s really getting disgruntled at her actions. “No.” He hears a faint answer from her. Her eyes were just locked down the casserole she was washing on the sink right now.

Today seems to be even worse. . .

Look so distressed for two weeks already, Kyungsoo tried his best to understand but just this morning was an exception. She literally left the dining table to eat in the living room instead leaving him there alone. It was like his cue to really ask what the problem was. “Did I do something bad? You’ve been acting off.” He finally lets it out as he stood up. he walked his way to her and stayed there right behind her. “Ahreum. . .” he calls and hesitantly settles his hands on her hips. But to his surprise, she pushed his hands down before walking out.

“Seriously, I’m so full of it. What is wrong with you?” He hisses while following her. They ended up in their bedroom with Ahreum’s back facing him. Withtin a second, she started letting out faint sobs which alarmed Kyungsoo. “Hey, please just tell me what’s wrong.” He rushed to her and grabbed her by the shoulders. She remained looking away even after being turned around by Kyungsoo. “I-I was just finding the right time and. . . courage to talk to you.” She mutters and closed her eyes shut causing more tears to run down her cheeks.

She showed an expression full of misery which scared Kyungsoo to death.

“Maybe. . . this is c-cue huh?” She finally looks up with her bitter smile. “Tell me.” Kyungsoo moves closer and wiped her tears with the back of his palm. Ahreum only pulled away and wiped them herself. “Guess what. . . I c-can never make this family happy.” She said and walked to the bed and sat on the edge of it. “What do you mean? Seriously, what is this about again.” Kyungsoo heaves a sigh while massaging his temples. “I d-don’t think this will ever work out in the future. A child. . . is the foundation of a family. And if I don’t h-have the ability. . .” Ahreum muffles, her words were barely coherent.

Weakly sitting down the bed on the other side, Kyungsoo puts his elbows on his kneecaps while rubbing his palms together. He’s starting to get nervous of her words, he’s not intelligent for nothing. “Is there something wrong with you. . .” he hushes, his voice slowly getting shaky. He locks his eyes down the floor while gulping. “I want you to have a child, Kyungsoo. You have every right to be a father and I don’t want to take that away from you.” Ahreum finally turns to him. “So there’s something w-wrong with you? I-is it?” Kyungsoo stood up and went to her. Not getting any respond, he looked away and put a hand over his eyes.

“Is this why you’ve been ignoring me?” He asks only getting a hitch of air from the crying woman. “Oppa, let’s end this.” She then tells which made him stiff. His quivering lips curve up in a disbelieving smile. “W-what?” he asks and watch Ahreum stand up. “Are you joking right now?” He adds and stares at her back figure while she gets something from the drawer. It was a brown envelope. “I’ve thought it out carefully and this is the only way to save ourselves from hurting more in the future.” She speaks and looked down to the envelope. “No, this is a joke. Stop it, it’s not funny anymore.” Kyungsoo chuckles while shaking his head.

Her his tears were already blurring his sight.

“You know me. All I want to do in life is make you happy, just you. A-and I can’t do that completely now.” She answers. “I filed this divorce papers three days ago, I just need your sign. Let’s talk about this outside.” Her voice started getting blank at each word and she turned around to walk away again. “Wait—you’re not making any sense. What the hell is this?” Kyungsoo asks with his airy and shaky voice as he trails behind her. The two of them arrived in the living room a meter away from each other. “What I want is simple. And that is for you to be happy, to be a father, to have a family that you’ve always wanted. That’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter