Unexpected Bond

More Than A Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Yah, are you crying?” Frowning at the screen of his phone, Kyungsoo closes the door of his office in the drama club’s room. Apparently, his wife called just now with a crying face. He rushes back to his table and sat on the edge of it. “Bae Ahreum, what’s wrong.” He asks with a firmer tone. “I’m just so tired right now. . . we left Seoul early in the morning and before that I had an all-night photoshoot. And now we’re going to have a press-conference and the fan-sign event right after until f-five. I-I’m so tired.” Ahreum cries hard while covering her eyes with her forearm. She’s inside her hotel room’s bathroom right now as she was given a short break before the preparation for the conference.

She doesn’t usually cry out of exhaustion like this but it’s been their fourth stop since Tuesday and at the same time, her separate schedules were also tiring.

And she thought, this has got to be her most hectic time ever since debuting.

Watching his wife, Kyungsoo wanted to do something, he wanted to do anything just to make her feel okay but he knows he couldn’t. She doesn’t have a choice but to do it. He looked down while scratching his head. “How many hours of sleep have you had since yesterday?” He asks and looks down to the screen again. “I think. . . about two or three in total and probably for the whole day today, none. And then we’ll leave Jeju tomorrow at four in the morning because we need to be in Cheongdam at eight. . .” Ahreum answers in between sobs. He curses in his mouth as he glares in space.

“Have you eaten?” he then asks while nibbling with his lower lip. Worry was eating him all up and the only thing he wants to do right now was to go to her, but of course that’s too far-fetched. “Yes, I never skipped any.” Ahreum answers while wiping her tears. “That’s good to hear. Just eat a lot and drink a lot of water. You’ll be fine, okay.” He assures earning a forced nod from the woman. “Just keep sane, alright. Three more provinces right. And one of them is here, so don’t worry. Okay. I need your sign together with a lively smile, not a sickly one alright. I don’t want to see a weak wife at the fan-sign event or I’ll divorce you, you want that.” He adds and she eagerly shakes her head in response while stifling her sobs this time.

She covers her eyes with the back of her hand again and cries silently as if she’s trying her best to hold it in.

And it hurts Kyungsoo to see her like this and not being able to do something.

Then while nodding and wiping her tears at the same time she ends the call without saying anything anymore. Kyungsoo understood it well and so he decided to just send her a message.

[From: Do Kyungsoo]

Just call me anytime. If you get sick, I’ll call your manager and argue with her again. And I swear this time, she will hate me to guts. So don’t wait for that to happen.

After sending the message, he puts his phone back and massaged his temples. “Aish, Bae Ahreum. . .” he groans out in frustration, in worry.

Until a voice interrupted his thoughts, “Sir?”

He immediately looked up in a horrified look and saw one of his drama student, Kang Heejun right at the now opened door of his office. The young guy looked very surprised as well as Kyungsoo cautiously stood up. The atmosphere was silent as the two guys share eye-contact. “S-sir. . . Bae. . . A-ahreum.” The boy stutters while slowly pointing at him. Kyungsoo tried to say something but he was too tongue-tied and clueless of what to actually say. “Mr. Kang.” He calls and immediately, the boy shakes his head in fear. “I-I didn’t hear anything, Sir. I didn’t.” he muttered and without further ado ran out of the room again.

And Kyungsoo chased him out.

“Mr. Kang, we need to talk.” He firmly tells as the young boy still walks very fast in the empty corridor. The students are in their usual class hours so Kyungsoo didn’t expect him to be there in his office at all. “S-sir, I was just going to ask p-permission not to attend the r-rehearsal tomorrow. I-I’m sorry, I didn’t know.” Heejun frantically tells without stopping. “Mr. Kang, I will allow you but let’s talk about this. I know you heard it. Please.” For the first time, the young boy heard a pleading tone from his scary and serious teacher which definitely made him stop.

Slowly turning around, Heejun kept his head hung low but his eyes search for Kyungsoo’s direction. “S-sir. . . I didn’t mean to hear it, I swear. I w-wasn’t—“Let’s go to my office.” Kyungsoo cuts him off before walking first. Fortunately, the boy finally trails behind while having his scared face. They arrived back in Kyungsoo’s office and he lets the boy sit on the couch at one corner while he goes to his table to lean on the edge of it again. He folds his arms and looks straight at the student. “What did you hear, Mr. Kang.” He asks first of all. “Uhm. . . J-just. . .” Heejun clears his throat as his voice was trembling so badly. “Sir, please don’t fail me or kick me out of the club.” He suddenly burst while bowing multiple times.

“Mr. Kang, calm down and just tell me.” Kyungsoo tells while heaving a sigh. “S-s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter