Idiotic Smile

More Than A Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

From: Beautiful Bae

I just got off training now. How about you, done with work?

 

Opening his car door, Kyungsoo reads the message he just got from Ahreum. For the past few days they’ve been talking already and to be all honest, he hasn’t had the chance to actually ask of her real name. He isn’t necessarily aware of why he hasn’t asked for it when it’s such a basic thing to do, it’s just that they’ve been talking about more complex things.

But he thinks now is the right chance.

So typing his reply, he said,

 

From: Do Kyungsoo

Done with work. Before anything else, tell me your real name.

 

He made a sigh as he presses the send button before entering his car. He starts the engine and drove off. It was a long day for him, there was a program and he had to assist the young students together with his fellow teachers. Feeling all exhausted, he plans to sleep very early today. Just as he was thinking of what to eat for dinner, he hears his phone beep but he didn’t open it yet since he was driving. But from his peripheral view, he could see the pop-up message a little and of course, it was a reply from Ahreum.

The reply was simple and short so he was able to read it effortlessly from the car seat where the phone was lying on,

 

From Beautiful Bae

Bae Ahreum.

 

And so he looks straight ahead again with his mouth agape in realization. “Makes sense. . .” he mutters while nodding and thought he was kind of slow not to actually guess it in the first place. “Bae Ahreum.” He mutters the name a couple of times as he drives. Turning the wheels, he decided to eat at a random café he passed by. After parking, he goes out together with his phone on his hand. As he walks into the café, he changes her contact name to Bae Ahreum before replying to her message.

 

From: Do Kyungsoo

Okay, finally. Good. Anyway, have you had dinner

 

He walks to the ordering section as he sends the message. Once he did, he looks up to the menu to choose what he’s going to take. Since he was very hungry, he ordered pasta and coffee. After paying, he got the buzzer before walking to a corner table. And again, he gives his full attention back to his phone.

Still no reply.

So he texted her again,

 

From: Do Kyungsoo

Have you had dinner or you’re having dinner that’s why you’re not replying.

 

As soon as he sent it, he automatically regretted doing so. “Did I sound creepy—no, it’s fine.” He mutters to himself while shaking his head. He bites on his lower lip while staring at his phone screen, waiting and worrying at the same time. He isn’t usually pushy like that but in the short time that they’ve been communicating, he’s already used to fast replies from her and if she doesn’t do that, he wonders a lot including worrying that he’s too boring to talk to.

Then finally, he got a reply. A sigh of relief came out of his mouth as he opens the message,

 

From: Bae Ahreum

I’m done with dinner. But I was just curious. . .

 

His brow arched as he reads the reply wondering of what she was talking about. And so holding his phone with both hands, he types in his reply. And that moment, they begin exchanging immediate replies, both attentions for tight locked to each other.

 

From: Do Kyungsoo

About what

From: Bae Ahreum

Of your voice.

From: Do Kyungsoo

You want to talk on the phone

From: Bae Ahreum

Kind of? I don’t know. I’m shy but I’m really curious of your voice.

From: Do Kyungsoo

I’m having dinner out. Later when I get home.

 

He puts his phone down after replying his last message before his order came. When he eats, he doesn’t talk much or even text and he already told Ahreum about that a few days ago so he’s not hesitant to do it right now. But deep inside, he was actually anticipating to hear her voice as well. He hasn’t even seen her face, he had a lot of curiosity about her and perhaps that’s one of the reasons why his mind was already full of her in just a short period of time.

She gives him a lot of things to wonder about her and Kyungsoo likes the thrill her vibe gi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter