Guerilla Date

More Than A Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

E N D  O F  F L A S H B A C K

***

T H E  P R E S E N T

 

Swiftly putting everything she needs in her bag, Ahreum rushes to the front door as if she’s late for a meeting. She quickly gets out and wears the backpack before running to the elevator like a kid. It’s only four in the morning right now and she’s going home to Bucheon. It was a sudden decision of her because her schedule was so packed again plus the shooting of her drama was always extended because they’re approaching the last few big episodes.

The drama was seriously a big hit. It has turned into a daily drama with a lot of episodes, it was far from what the production has planned but because of the great demands and high-ratings, a lot has been adjusted. All in all, Ahreum’s been a part of that production family for a year or so. She never imagined her first project would be that promising, it might be tiring filming a great drama for that long period of time, she has gone really close to everyone on the set. At the same time, she’s been to a lot of shows, cameo rolls and other projects as well. Overall experience for her has been a blast for the past year.

Since she couldn’t go home to Bucheon for almost two weeks because of her hectic schedules, she really feels sorry for Kyungsoo. Although he never complained, she knows she’s still being unfair.

As soon as she got out of the building, she quickly pulls down her hoodie, puts a mask on and shades. Since the guards know her, they nicely guided her out until she got a taxi. “Thank you.” She faintly mutters while bowing before entering the car. “To the station, Ahjusshi.” She spoke to the driver right away before hugging her backpack that was placed on her lap.

She is supposed to be dead tired right now, she barely slept but because of the excitement she was having inside, there’s no room for exhaustion.

At the same time, she was quite scared because she didn’t inform her manager about her going home today. But since she heard from her yesterday that she can have a two-day rest from schedules, she thought it won’t be a big deal to go home.

“Omo, I’m gonna see Oppa. . .” She murmurs while fanning herself. Only she knows how much she’s been missing her husband, she cries and sulks almost everyday because of her longing for him. At her worst times, her sick times, her exhausted times, he’s the one she wants the most but can’t have. She can only call or texts but they were obviously not enough. She wipes a tear that unknowingly escapes from her eyes while she smiles out of pure bliss. Two days – they used to be so short to pass for her but ever since she debuted, two days has been a big deal for her. Two days of rest, no cameras, no attention, no people and most especially two days of being in her husband’s arms. . . they mean so much to her.

 

Once she arrived at the station, she paid for the cab before going out. She lowers her head even more seeing just a few people, luckily, walking around the station. It’s almost six o’clock so she just got there at the right time to have the first ride. She skips to one corner where there’s a bench and sits down there. Although she was confident about her face being completely covered, she still couldn’t avoid some passers-by looking her way but lucky enough of her, they don’t seem to put too much attention.

She adjusted her shades while looking around hoping so badly that there won’t be any youths to pass by because there will be a very small chance that they won’t recognize her even just by her petite body.

“Quickly. . . Subway, be quick.” She muffles in panic while jerking her legs. The subway’s due to arrive in ten minutes and she felt like it’s ten years. It’s really uncomfortable for her to sit here in a public place, it’s been uncomfortable to stay everywhere ever since she debuted. She tried this once before as well and to her luck, some people recognized her but good thing, her agency was actually quite quick to explain things and cleared out that she’s going to her relatives. Well, it’s quite true anyway, she’s going to her family, her only family.  

And that ten minutes passed by like a millennium.

The moment she heard the trails, she stood up and skipped to the line near it together with some old people whom she’s confident won’t know her well.

And fortunately, she had a great ride with a majority of senior citizens and some middle-aged employees. Also, she didn’t notice any eyes on her the whole time of the ride.

 

_ _ _

 

As soon as she steps into their home, she indeed felt like home. She even had the urge to kiss every furniture that they have because of how much she missed them. She skips fast to their kitchen and found a few unwashed dishes on the sink so removing her jacket, mask and shades, she puts it down the counter before walking over to the sink. “Aish. . . instant ramen.” She groans seeing the food residue on the bowl that Kyungsoo probably has eaten on. After washing the dishes, she walked to the fridge to check it out. Energy drinks, jar of kimchi, a pack of cookies and crackers, some cans of sodas and she also found some containers of seemingly home-cooked dishes. “Eomoni. . .” She murmurs and her lips slowly curve into a smile feeling thankful for her mother-in-law.

But still, she thought Kyungsoo needs to buy more food.

She understands that he’s also busy but having only those in the fridge isn’t good. She next walked to the pantry and opened it to see only packs of Instant ramen. “Oppa, moya. . .” She looks away and messed her hair up. Kyungsoo knows how to cook but it’s probably because of his work and let’s be honest, lack of his wife’s supervision. Every time she goes home, they actually argue about that but he always explains that he just mostly eats outside and if not, at home with those Instant, easily made food. She glances at the wall clock and realized it’s already seven.

So stopping from her wifey inspection first, she excitedly skips to their bedroom.

And finally, as if sacks of rice were removed from her chest, she saw her husband’s face. She could feel her happy tears forming right away as she makes her way to the bed. “Oppa. . .” She muffles before crawling onto it until she was right on top of him. “Kyeopta.” She sniggers while patting the tip of her nose. “I missed you so much.” She leans much closer and hugged him in such position. Just then, she finally feels his movement so she pulls her head away from his neck and waits for him to open his eyes. As soon as he did, she puts a smile on her face. But then, he gently pushes her off and sat up. “What time is it. . .” He murmurs with his groggy voice while looking at the direction of their wall clock.

She pouts seeing how his face didn’t even change into a glad one after seeing her. She was afraid that he’s mad at him for not going home. “Oppa, I’m sorry if I didn’t come home right away. The shooting got extended ‘til midnight. Sorry. . .” She tries explaining while latching on his waist. He still gave her the same look but now much calmer. “Oppa. . . I said Manager Unni I still want to go home but she said it’s too late already to still drive to Bucheon so she drove me straight home instead.” She adds and her tears begin forming.

She watches in pain as Kyungsoo sighs while scratching his messy hair. Her lips trembled so much as she looks back at him in fear. So clearing , she tries explaining further. “Oppa, why no answer. . . As soon as it was morning, I travelled her— “You went here alone again? Ahreum-ah you know how dangerous it is for you.” Kyungsoo finally speaks back with a frown. “But Manager Unni won’t drive me here that early and I wanted to see you first thing in the morning. Sorry, Oppa. . . don’t worry there weren’t many people in the subway and I put on big mask and shades too. Oppa, you still mad?” She asks and her tears were really about to stream down her cheeks when she was suddenly pinned down the bed.

Looking back at him now while he settles on top, her expression slowly softens and instantly, her tears didn’t continue on. “I’m not mad, okay.” He answers while her cheek. “I-I have two-days rest from shooting and it’s almost done Oppa. I can stay here, hm? N

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter