Be(a)st In me

More Than A Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Next guest, the beautiful Nation’s Girlfriend, Bae Ahreum!~”

Everyone claps as the MC put the spotlight onto the next guest to have the talk. Today, Ahreum is guesting on a celebrity-idol talk show where they’re all seated together in rows and would talk about certain topics. She stood up and bowed for a few times as everyone in the audience clapped their hands. “Okay, so remembering the hype just a few months ago. Bae Ahreum ss, you publicized your marriage. Mind telling us a little about it? How does it feel to be known as a wife now? Does it affect anything?” The MC asks nicely. “Ah, ne. . . Probably the fact that the title given to me was Nation’s Girlfriend, it kind of feels a bit awkward now?~” She answers while giggling shyly.

The audience even her fellow guests all let out their ‘aww~’s hearing her cute laughter. “How is your husband handling the situation? Is he fine with it?” The MC asks next. “My husband is bit. . . how do you say this, he’s not really into celebrity stuffs? You know, the attention and a lot of people knowing him. But he’s getting used to it. He doesn’t have a choice now.” Ahreum answered making everyone laugh this time.

“And speaking of which, since our topic for today’s episode is ‘Fan’s Love’ like earlier on the other guests, we’d show some proofs of your fan’s love but this one’s a bit different. Likewise with the other, fans sent a number of photos to our production team and it’s quite more shocking than Miss Jihyo’s photo taken while she’s eating Samgyeopsal alone.” The MC explains and everyone laughed and Ahreum did the same while clapping her hands at the mention of the earlier guests being shown some photos of her eating.

“Really? Are they embarrassing photos? Am I picking my nose or something? Omo, I’m worried.” She tells. The laughter in the whole studio was so loud at everything that’s happening. “It’s not actually you, Miss Ahreum.” The MC. Tells and signaled everyone to look at the huge screen behind. “EH?” Ahreum exclaims in surprise seeing numerous photos of his own husbands, obviously taken by the fans.

 

 

“He was named by the fans as JPG Oppa.” The MC adds making everyone, again, laugh so hard. Ahreum covered while slapping her lap. She did not see it coming at all. She never thought her fans would pay attention to her husband at all to the extent of taking tons of photos like this. “JPG Oppa?” Ahreum asks. “Yes. The fan-page which emailed us these photos quoted, ‘Bae Ahreum ssi’s husband is so handsome and looks good in photos but barely even moves whenever we take a picture of him and most of the time, he seems to be waiting for someone. We have a lot more photos of him from different places but they’re almost the same.’ that’s what they said.” The MC especially read that message on his cue cards.

The laughter in the whole studio got even far worse.

Ahreum was already burying her face on her lap while laughing along. “Ahreum ssi, do you by any chance where these photos were taken? Or is he mostly alone here?” The MC asks and she lifts her head up again. She turned to the huge screen again scanning each photo for the second time. “The last photo, I don’t know about it. But the rest. . . I was there. Where am I? That’s weird, I’m no—ahh!~” She suddenly snapped a finger making everyone look. “Whenever we go out, either a mall, supermarket or just to eat out, I always tend to go to the washroom at least three times. Probably, those were taken when he was waiting.” She explains and laughed to herself upon realization.

She was so embarrassed and partly scared.

Why?

Kyungsoo’s part of the audience right now.

She apparently begged him to come watch it live for no apparent reason and also since he has no class today. She didn’t expect that his name would be brought up at all and she could already imagine him glaring at her direction. “Wah, what a patient man, huh?” The MC joked and Ahreum nods while chuckling. “He’s actually here to support me. Since he doesn’t have work, he went along to watch me.” She blurted out, it wasn’t part of a script but she just said it out of nowhere. She looked at the audience area, he was actually at the front corner, not on the seats area but he was just standing together with some staffs and a few fans who have ran out of seats.

Actually, he just didn’t want to sit there knowing people will know him and most of the fans were females so it's not comfortable for him to sit there anyways.

He gave a forced smile while having his arms crossed. He didn’t have a choice, some of the huge cameras already pointed to his direction.  

Ahreum just can’t help but to show him off, it feels so nice to her that people are slowly accepting them and even liking him as her husband. “Oh, welcome to the studio Mr. JPG. Bae Ahreum’s husband. Nice to meet you.” The MC greets and Kyungsoo tries his best to maintain his smile but if he wasn’t in the camera, he would surely frown so hard now. He didn’t like another ‘name’ being given to him like his students do. He did a polite bow but put his hands up to reject when some staffs tried giving him a mic. “Oh it seems like he doesn’t want to talk, we kind of surprised him. Okay, let’s just move on to the show. Bae Ahreum ssi I heard you just finished off filming a short-drama that will be broadcasted in a few weeks. Oh~ is it a Christmas Special drama?” The MC changed the topic professionally right away seeing how Kyungsoo rejected and kept on shaking his head when he was being convinced to be filmed longer.

“Aish, Bae Ahreum. . .” Kyungsoo groaned and looked around trying to find a spot where he could hide. They clearly agreed not to mention him on the filming nor say that he was there. Now, some of the fans on the audience start calling him and taking pictures. He turned his head away as much as he could and stayed in such position for the whole freaking time. Good thing, the security already came to stay behind him together with Ahreum's manager. 

It was one of the most uncomfortable times of his life.

 

After the show. . .

After pack-up, Ahreum’s manager let her go with Kyungsoo instead since her next schedule is still later tonight. The couple were now heading their way out of KBS Building and they plan to eat lunch out. “I can’t believe you have created your own fans too, Oppa. Daebak.” Ahreum tells while patting him on the shoulders. “You’re so stubborn, I told you not to show me off there. And they even broadcasted those photos? Do you know about that.” Kyungsoo scolds while fixing the strap of Ahreum’s bag on his shoulders, he carrying it since it’s heavy and had her sponsored outfit and shoes.

“I swear I didn’t know. That part wasn’t scripted. We, guests, are really surprised by the fan-taken photos they show. I was even expecting more like a derp photo of me or something. I didn’t know you’d get dragged it, I swear.” Ahreum explained. “Still, you pointed at me.” Kyungsoo groans while rubbing the back of his neck. “Okay okay~ I’m sorry. I was just so proud of you. They like you.” Ahreum hugs his arm to calm him d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter