Other Half's Effect Syndrome

More Than A Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Oppa! Wake up, oppa.”

Groaning in response, Kyungsoo puts his forearm over his eyes as he felt his wife shaking his body. “Oppa, why’d you take a long nap, it’s just seven in the evening, you won’t be able to sleep for the night.” Ahreum muttered and that’s when he shot up in surprise while looking around. She was there kneeling on the bed while pouting. “Jetlag? Are you sure you will really come to school tomorrow?” She asks while his cheek. Kyungsoo closed his tired eyes while massaging his temples. Getting off the bed, he runs his fingers through his hair while walking. Ahreum trails behind while clutching on his arm. “I just got home from the supermarket, actually.” She coos making him turn. “Really, you didn’t wake me up.” He groans as they got out together.

They arrived at the kitchen and Kyungsoo began peeking at every grocery bags placed down the kitchen counter. “Oppa, I took a few bills in your wallet ‘cause I didn’t have bills right now but I didn’t wanna wake you up. Sorry.” Ahreum muffles while taking the stuff out of the bags. “Good. I would have scolded you if you used your allowance.” Kyungsoo answers before taking out something from one bag, a shampoo bottle. “Is this your regular shampoo.” He asks and Ahreum gave him a quick nod. “I use something else but maybe I can—ugh, this smells like a girl.” Kyungsoo groans when he opened the cap to smell it. “But you like how my hair smells. . .” Ahreum pouts while blinking. “I like it on you, not on me. I’ll just—“ He couldn’t finish his sentence anymore when Ahreum take outs another bottle from another bag. It was the shampoo he regularly uses. He got silent for a while as he stares at his wife in amusement.

“I’m a girl scout.” Ahreum chants while giving him two thumbs up and a wink. That made him chuckle and reach for her head to ruffle her hair. “Good girl.” He mutters before moving to another bag. “And I bought couple slippers~” Ahreum then chants while skipping at paper bag. She takes them out and lift them up to Kyungsoo’s level of sight while giggling.

 “You actually expect me to use that.” Kyungsoo mocks while folding his arms. Ahreum pouted and stomped her feet. “It’s just indoor slippers, Oppa. And since I like Blue, you’re going to have to use the pink one— “BAE AHREUM.” Kyungsoo sternly scolds making her stomp her feet again. “Okay okay, fine. I’ll use the pink one. Just agree.” Ahreum muffles while skipping to him. “Please?~ Oppa, please! They’re so cute right? Please~” She pleads while shoving the couple slippers on Kyungsoo’s face but he pushes them away immediately. She gives him her most adorable face while tiptoeing, annoying him even more as he tries looking away. She always knew it works in the end.

“Please~ oppa. . . Please~” She went on and Kyungsoo just closed his eyes before taking the slippers from him. “FINE.” He gives in and puts them down to the counter. “Yay~” Ahreum celebrates and jumps on him for a bear hug. Kyungsoo looks up the ceiling while smiling now as he hugs her on the waist for support. “Oppa, I love you. . .” Ahreum coos while burying her face on the crook of his neck. “Geez, just because of slippers.” Kyungsoo groans while chuckling. No~ I always love you.” Ahreum retorts back before looking up making him do the same. “I think I’d have to live with cheesy stuffs like this from now on huh.” Kyungsoo hushes while Ahreum’s cheek with his thumb. “Ne~ I like cheesy stuff, next time I will buy couple plates and couple mugs and couple towels and couple everything~ yay~” She chants and Kyungsoo just laughs while nodding continuously to everything she was saying as if she was a kid.

Not being able to help himself from her cuteness, he pulls her for a hug. His right hand settled on the back of her head while his other on the small of her back. “Love you. . .” He muffles while kissing the side of her head. Ahreum responds with a giggle while clutching on the sides of his shirt. “Oppa, are you happy?” She asks softly and Kyungsoo pulled away for a while just enough to make their eyes meet. “I am. Are you.” He asks back the same question to which he received an eager nod. “You make me so so so so so so happy~ Everyday.” Ahreum answers and cups his cheeks. “Everyday, Oppa.” She repeats before giving him a chaste kiss on the lips.

 

 

_ _ _

 

Three months into marriage. . .

 

Everything has been pretty much the same although they’ve been into childish fights for who knows how many times. They might be childish reasons but there are times that they would ignore each other for the whole day just because of these. But so far, so good. Until now, there are things to find out, there are things to learn about each other. Good habits, bad habits and whatnot.

Just like this morning, they argued because of somewhat a small reason. Ahreum ironed Kyungsoo’s suit yesterday because he will be attending a teacher’s conference and apparently, she burnt the cloth by accident when she got distracted by the drama she was watching.

And they argued big time because of that. Kyungsoo didn’t have a choice but to attend the conference without the actual suit, just the button down shirt and the tie. What made everything worse is that Ahreum got too scared of Kyungsoo’s reaction that she didn’t tell him until this morning when he was already preparing. He found out by himself when he was trying to wear it. They argued for only a bit because Kyungsoo had to leave early.

So to sum it up, they haven’t really fixed it until now.

The conference finished at around four and Kyungsoo didn’t have classes after that. Ahreum on the other hand has training until 9PM today. After the conference, Kyungsoo drove straight home to rest. It was a long, tiring day for him. And don’t forget extra-stressing because of his added thoughts about his fight with Ahreum. Arriving to the empty house, Kyungsoo removes his necktie and sits down the couch. He stretches his legs on the low table before leaning back more to rest his neck. He takes his phone out to check if Ahreum had called or texted but she didn’t.

Standing up again, he drags his exhausted self to their bedroom to wash up. Just as he got in, something caught his eyes on their bed, it was his suit placed neatly there. He walks toward it and saw a note saying, ‘I know you wouldn’t wear it like this anymore but I still tried mending it with a patch.’ He glances down the suit and realized she indeed put a patch of the same color right on the affected area of the suit. For no apparent reason, as much as he is aware, his heart skipped a beat just by that simple effort of hers. It automatically washed away his frustrations from this morning and felt rather guilty for lashing out on her for her mistake. Without further ado, he takes his phone out again and dialed her number. He waist patiently for her to answer while sitting on the edge of the bed, his eyes never leaving the suit.

After a few rings, she finally answered. “Hello, Ahreum. . .” he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter