Double Trouble

More Than A Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Appa~ Appa~”

"Come here, son. Come to Appa."

 

 A big and bright flash came across his face. Next thing he knew, he was sitting up on the bed while panting hard. It was a dream. It was all a dream. He dreamt of a little boy calling him Appa, he had Ahreum’s eyes and was running to him with a big grin on his adorable face. He looked up and realized the light from the walk-in closet was open, probably the light that woke him up. He glanced at the clock and realized it was already twelve in midnight. “Ahreum?” He calls out while wiping his sweats. “Did you just arrive.” He added and got off the bed. Arriving inside the walk-in closet, he saw his wife’s back figure while she was pulling the zipper of her dress down.

“Oh, oppa. Yes, I just came home. Did I wake you up?” She turned her head to look back at him. Kyungsoo rubbed his eyes and shook his head before walking to her. He effortlessly zipped her dress down to her before taking the small stool by the wall near the closets. “You okay?” Ahreum asks as she lets the dress drop down the floor leaving her with her tube garment and her thick stockings under the cycling shorts. She then walked to the vanity and removed her accessories. The scenes from the dream flashed back in Kyungsoo’s mind as he stares at Ahreum’s back. Not getting any answer from him, Ahreum turned her head again while blinking. “Oppa.” She puts her earrings down before walking back to him.

She touched his forehead and neck to check his temperature.

“You’re fine. What’s wrong? You’re pale.” She bends down to his face’s level. “I’m alright. I just had a weird dream and stuff. I’m okay.” Kyungsoo answered while clearing his throat. “Oh really? What dream?” Ahreum asks with a smile before leaving the walk-in closet. Kyungsoo followed out after turning the lights off and went back to the bed while Ahreum goes to the bathroom. “I don’t really remember; I just know it’s weird.” Kyungsoo answered and lied down with a devastated face. “Because I know it won’t happen soon. . .” He adds. “What is it again?” Ahreum peeked her head out. “Nothing. Just wash up and sleep. I’ll go back to sleep now. Good night.” Kyungsoo cuts it off shortly before tucking himself under the comforter.

He tried drifting off again but he couldn’t.

The dream was too much for him to handle.

It frustrated him so much.

Because he wanted the dream to be much longer than it was. If it was, he could have had the chance to hold the kid.

Even if it’s just a dream, he thought it would still feel real if he were to hold him there.

Just minutes later, Ahreum came out of the bathroom and went straight to bed. Kyungsoo, still being wide awake, felt her move close to him and hug him from behind. “Good night. I love you.” He hears her coo with a light giggle. So turning his body to face her, Ahreum shifted her body to a more comfortable position on his chest while he hugs her tight. “Still awake.” She mumbles and looked up to him. Kyungsoo looked down and their eyes met through the dim light coming from the bedside lamp. “Excited for the trip?” he asked earning an eager nod from her.

“Let’s pack our things tomorrow. Just bring the ones you need okay.” He reminds before settling his chin on the crown of her head and closing his eyes. “You feel off. What’s wrong?” Ahreum asks. No matter how dense she can be in a lot of things, when it comes to her husband, she could always feel when there’s something wrong.”Oppa, are you sleepy now? I’m still not sleepy.” She muffles and their eyes meet again. “Coffee?” Kyungsoo asks and without further words, the couple got off the bed together.

They arrived in the kitchen and Ahreum started heating water. “How’s work.” Kyungsoo asked while sitting on the high chair on the kitchen island. “During the day, our agency participated in a charity work in a Children’s Home. We did feeding and then after that I filmed for my guesting in Running Man ‘til late night. So tired.” Ahreum muffles while stretching her arms around.

But from her peripheral view, she keeps on observing Kyungsoo.

She could clearly feel the somewhat tension between them and she doesn’t have a single idea why there is.

Walking to the kitchen island, she leaned to it and placed her hands under her chin. “Time’s so fast, right Oppa. In the coming March next year, it’s our third anniversary. Isn’t it awesome.” She dreamily coos. Kyungsoo stared down his hands on his lap while smiling lightly. “Three years. . .” He mumbles while chuckling. Ahreum walked to his side and just stood there in between his legs before hugging him on the neck. She grabbed this chance to look straight into his eyes. She couldn’t read them well but all she could feel was bother written all over his eyes.

“If. . . there’s something that’s bothering you. Tell me.” She softly mutters while his hair. Kyungsoo only gave her a sweet smile before shaking his head. “I told you, I’m alright. I’m just tired, that’s all. You’re over-thinking.” He answered before burying his face on the crook of her neck. Ahreum heaved a sigh and just gave up, she knows she won’t get anything out from him if he doesn’t want to. She just hugged him more while his head.

“I know we’re both always tired and working hard. I know we’re working hard for future reasons and it’s going to be worth it. Right?” She optimistically tells and Kyungsoo lifts his head up again to look back. “Working hard. . . earning money for our family’s future. Ne?” She asks and planted a light peck on his lips. “So that our. . .” Ahreum looked away while biting on her lip shyly. “Future kids will feel comfortable. Whatever we do and work hard for right now, I believe they’re going to receive it and take benefit of it. . . so I’ll never stop working hard.” She finished her sentence.

The moment she said that, Kyungsoo’s chest begin pounding even more.

“Even if they’re not here yet. . . but you know what I mean.” She adds and chuckles as if she was embarrassed of what she was saying. She finally let go of him to walk back to the coffee maker. Kyungsoo’s eyes sparkled with joy just by simply hearing those words from her, they were beautiful, she sounds very motherly even before she gets to be a mother.

He just fell in love.

Again.

 

_ _ _

 

“Wah! This is so nice. . .”

Ahreum rushes to the wide glass window of their suite leaving her husband who was dragging their bags to one side. The window shows a very beautiful night view of the city. Kyungsoo then follows her and stood right behind while also looking down the window. “This will be our first Christmas in a different country three days from now. You really planned everything well.” Ahreum chuckles before turning around to face her husband. “So use this four days and five nights to rest. You haven’t had a proper rest ever since debuting.” Kyungsoo affectionately her hair.

“I didn’t plan to go to so many places like other tourists would do. Let’s just relax, okay.” He adds before dragging Ahreum to the bed. “Really? I thought we’re riding those. . . like tour buses.” She pouts as the both of them sat down. “There’s a package like that but I decided not to go for it. What difference would it make if we’ll also tire ourselves out here travelling and spending our time walking and moving around?” Kyungsoo explains back. “You have a point there. So we just go to the more accessible places around and do whatever we want?” Ahreum asks with her growing smile.

Kyungsoo sweetly smiles back before nodding.

“And maybe more accessible things to do?” he adds before pinning her down the bed. Ahreum squealed in surprise but eventually laughed after. “After this, let’s go to the private heated swimming pool downstairs. I hear that it’s like a hot spring because of the warm water. I already made reservations there later around eight.” Kyungsoo mumbles as he leans down and start kissing her on the neck while lifting her sweater up. “Yay~ Heated Swimming pool? Let’s go now!~” Ahreum exclaims in excitement and unknowingly pushed her husband off. “Huh?” Kyungsoo laughed in bewilderment, he’s already .

“Can we just go later? Come here first.” He tries pulling her down to him again but

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter