And Counting

More Than A Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Entering the room, Ahreum walked straight to her husband who was seated on the edge of the bed while looking down his phone. “Oppa, what’s wrong?” She asks right away while folding her arms. “Nothing.” Kyungsoo answered briefly before standing up. he walked to the balcony and stared at the night view. “What nothing? Oppa, Doori Unni and Baekhyun Oppa must be so sad. Why do you have to talk to them that way?” She asks. Kyungsoo tried his best not to look back to her or he’ll just burst. He doesn’t want that.

“I’m just not in the mood.” He answered monotonously. “Doori Unni is pregnant and she is sensitive so it’s not nice to treat her and her husband that way. I know beca—“You don’t know. You’re not even a mother, don’t talk like you know.” He cuts her off before walking away again. Ahreum stared at his back figure, her tears begin forming in her eyes. “Oppa, please at least tell me what’s wrong. You have a problem. . .” She collapsed down the couch, on the verge of crying out of frustration. “Why do you keep pushing it? Baekhyun and I aren’t really friends in the first place, what do you expect?” Kyungsoo answers back with a hiss.

He walked to their bag and took out their pill box to get some headache pills. Their medicines were always combined and so he immediately saw the empty space which has the label ‘Contraceptive Pills’ which is Ahreum’s. “You ran out of pills?” he asks and looked at his wife who was wiping her tears. She only looked away. “Yah, we’re here for five days. Why did you pick up the nex—“I threw it recently.” Ahreum answered.

His face fell and a big lump formed in his throat.

“What?” he asked and frowned. He dropped the pill box back to the bag and walked over to her. “I want to try with you now.” She adds while fiddling with her fingers. “What? Are you nuts? What’s this about again? You know how hectic your schedu—“Oppa, let’s try now. It’s fine. I know you want it already. . . and it’s unfair for you and you might feel bad.” She stood up with her pleading expression. “Now you’re pulling the guilt onto me. When did I tell you I feel bad about it? Don’t put words into my mouth, you know we’re not rushing.” Kyungsoo grunts back.

He turned around when he felt his lips quivering.

“This is what you get for befriending Doori. You got jealous? Got influenced? You two are very different, she doesn’t have a very significant career like yours. Don’t think so impulsively. Don’t point this out on me, I never said I wanted a child now. Don’t make me look insensitive of your job, you know I’m not and I know you’re not ready. That’s so stupid. Use your head to think, not your mouth.” He adds before stepping into the bathroom. Ahreum collapsed back on the couch and her tears begin crawling down her cheeks again.

“Oppa. . .” She calls out while crying hard like a child. She doesn’t understand why Kyungsoo is so concerned about her career. It’s not a bad thing but she sometimes wants him to be selfish for once. Sometimes he feels like he doesn’t love her that much when he doesn’t get selfish of her. But what hurts her the most is that Kyungsoo wouldn’t even complain for anything she’s been doing wrong that affects their relationship.

As if he doesn’t care at all.

She never felt accomplished as his wife, there’s always something that she lacks of, there’s always something that she’s stupid of.

He makes her feel like a stupid child instead of a grown woman.

He never gave her the opportunity to fight for what she wants and to tell share opinions because his opinion will always be better.

This is the first time she has ever felt really angry.

At him. . .

Meanwhile, Kyungsoo who’s inside the bathroom just let the warm water coming from the shower run down his body. He’s never felt nor acted this way before, like this is the worst frustrated he has ever had. Whenever he remembers how happy Ahreum is whenever she accomplishes something great as an actress, he desires even more to continuously give such happiness to her even if it means staying behind.

He believes he can do it.

He can’t help it. That’s just how he loves.

Just then, his thoughts were interrupted when he heard the door of the hotel shut close heavily. It made him turn, thinking if it was Ahreum. She would never close a door that harshly. So turning the shower off after a little while, he dries his body a bit and wore a robe before going out. “Ahreum?” he calls while looking around the empty room. He walks to the door and opened it, peeking outside the empty hallway. He got in again and went to the bed. Taking his phone, he dialed his wife’s number and called her.

It rang twice until she hung it up.

And it scared the hell out of him right away.

So he quickly dressed up to search for her, but just as he was about to go out, he got a text message from her.

[From: Wife]

I just got out to buy something, don’t search for me.

His hands dropped to his sides as he pushes the door closed with his back leaned on it. She’s mad and he doesn’t know how it ended up this way. They were doing just fine, he was doing fine until another couple came to their life slapping him with the reality that he and Ahreum haven’t reached the peak of their relationship yet, that their family hasn’t formed that strong foundation through having their own offspring yet.

And yet he still chooses to think of Ahreum’s passion more.

He’s only been with her for a couple of years but her dream of being an actress has been there for the most of her existence.

And he thought giving her what she deserves, letting her enjoy what she’s worked hard for is the best thing he could do as a husband. Getting her to bear his child, giving such responsibility to her right away at the peak of her success is no different than taking it away from her so soon.

But she obviously can’t understand him.

 

_ _ _

 

Kyungsoo woke up finding himself on the couch. He was still on a sitting position. “. . .” he quickly gets up to go out until his eyes landed on the clock on the bedside table. It’s already eight in the morning. He closes his eyes while massaging his throbbing head. Appa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter