Positively One

More Than A Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Ahreum and Kyungsoo had just finished the contract signing and meeting with the whole staff of the agency and the production company – it turned out to be a pretty big meeting for the reason that Ahreum had a different case, being married, unlike the others. The couple are on their way home now and silence filled the whole car up as soon as they got in. The meeting wasn’t what they were expecting at all, not even a tad bit. The difficult situation they’ve been anticipating to can’t even compare for the actual thing. Constantly glancing at her husband. Ahreum tries her best not to cry receiving such silence from him. He didn’t give a scary nor sad look but his face being unreadable was still enough to scare her out. She looks down and nibbles on her trembling lips.

“For the hundredth time, I’m reassuring you that I understand.” Kyungsoo finally cuts the long silence and that was enough for Ahreum to stop holding her tears and begins crying. Kyungsoo gulped down the lump in his throat and tries his best to lock his eyes down the road while driving. “C’mon, it’s not that h-hard to do. See, my decision to not actually publicize my marriage in school is a nice choice. And you know me, I don’t like attention so it’s the best choice too.” He adds while clearing his throat. “I-I know but. . . to pretend that I’m not married? To move to Seoul completely? To act like a s-single rookie actress when I’m not? Oppa, I can’t do th— “Look, Bae Ahreum. You won’t give this all up because of this situation. Even before you met me, you’ve been working hard and waiting for this to happen. I will not be the reason why you’re going to waste everything; y-you understand me?” Kyungsoo asks and he finally chocked on his words as tears begin forming in his eyes but held on it.

He’s been holding the pain since the meeting started.

 

Flashback to the meeting. . .

 

The moment Ahreum came in with his husband in the conference room, the production team from JTBC already had their skeptical looks. The couple tries their best to give their smiles despite noticing their looks. It turns out that the CEO couldn’t tell them about her marriage and wanted her to explain it to them instead. “Good afternoon, I’m Bae Ahreum. And this is my husband, Do Kyungsoo.” She introduced politely and Kyungsoo bowed as well. “CEO? What is this?” One of the producers asks in surprise. Kyungsoo looked away as if hiding would be the best option for him because of the stares they were giving. “Wait, Ahreum ssi, take a seat and we’ll discuss about this.” Another one spoke and Ahreum quickly nodded before taking the empty seat and pulled Kyungsoo along beside her on another chair. “Look, I originally wanted you to know about her marriage right away but I want you to at least see her, talk to her and maybe hear her out first. This kid is really good, I can assure you.” CEO tries helping out while nodding.

“CEO, we understand your sentiments and trust for Ahreum ssi but all of us here, know what and how the entertainment industry in this country works. This is not going to work out if this is the case.” The director spoke which alarmed Ahreum and most especially Kyungsoo, but he still stayed quiet. “P-please, give me a chance. I promise I’ll work hard. . . Please.” Ahreum pleads and her tears begin forming out of fear that she won’t get it again this time. Kyungsoo grabs her hand from under the table and pressed it for comfort. “I’d like to propose a kind of means that many celebrities have tried in the past and even idols of this generation.” One staff raises her hand and they all turned to her.

“Okay, let’s hear it.” The director nods while folding his arms. “Simple. Let’s lie about her marriage so he could give off that available youthful aura to her future fans. She won’t get any attention and fans if they find out she’s already taken and worse, married. Especially with hos young and beautiful she looks, she would get a lot of male fans and it’s a good thing for this project and for her future projects. Nowadays, it’s not a big deal. Many celebrities and idols lie about their ages, their birthdays and even pre-debut stories.” The staff explains throughly while chuckling.

“N-ne? Excuse me. . . W-wait, what do you mean lie? This will be u

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter