Excitement

More Than A Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Stirring his cup of coffee, Kyungsoo lets out a smug, sarcastic chuckle as response to a joke Ahreum just said at the other end. “Why? You don’t find it funny? Ever since I heard that joke from one mentor of mine, I laugh at it every time.” Ahreum adds with a winey voice and Kyungsoo couldn’t help but to smile. “It’s not funny actually.” He answers while biting on his lower lip. “Yah~ it’s funny Oppa, admit it.” She coos teasingly. Kyungsoo rolls his eyes only to finally realize his mother’s presence right beside him. Mrs. Do had a meaningful grin on her face while titling her head on the side.

“Who’s that?” The playful mother mouths softly while giving him a ‘Bang~’ gesture with her hand. Kyungsoo gives her a frown signaling her to stop and tries to walk away but Mrs. Do held him on the arm while trying to put her ear near the phone as well. “Eomma. . . stop.” Kyungsoo mouths back in frustration while trying to move away. “Oppa, you were saying?” Ahreum asks and Kyungsoo successfully pulls away from his mom and signals her to stop with the teasing.

“I’m here. My mom just asked something. Wait.” he answers before putting the phone down for a while with his hand over it. “Eomma, she’s a friend.” He explains softly and Mrs. Do still had the same smile. “You talk to her every~ day and every~ night. Is that a friend only? Aigoo, my son is finally taking actions. Good job good job.” Mrs. Do pats his shoulders before walking out of the kitchen. Kyungsoo turns his head away while closing his eyes.

And somehow, he couldn’t hold his smile anymore while shaking his head because of his mom’s silliness.

Putting his phone back to his ear. “I’m here. So you were saying.” He speaks again before taking the mug of coffee to walk out. He glances at his mom who was watching TV on the couch before going straight to his room. It’s Saturday and he didn’t have classes. “How long have we been talking? I kinda lost track of time, Oppa.” Ahreum asks and Kyungsoo can only chuckle mockingly. “Oh c’mon, I know you count it down.” He answers with a very sure tone as he arrives on his bed. He places the mug of coffee down the bedside table before getting on his bed. He leans his body on its headboard and put an arm behind his head.

“E-eh? N-no, Oppa. Why w-would I count it down. It’s not like that, I just—“Two months and ten days.” He answers before she could even explain herself. The atmosphere suddenly turned silent between the two of them and Kyungsoo just stared in space as he listens to her soft but heavy breathings on the other end. So cutting the tension, “I do count it down if ever you wanted to know.” He tells while running his fingers through his damp hair. He just took a shower, that’s why. “Y-you do?” Ahreum stutters in response. Kyungsoo looks down to his lap while fiddling with the hem of his shirt. “And slowly, I’m starting to be so confused of what I feel because I haven’t seen you in person. . . but the feelings are growing.” He honestly explains.

He was always this blunt, he doesn’t get embarrassed most of the time.

“N-ne?” Ahreum asks and he could hear her breathings getting much heavier as if she was having a hard time. Her voice was barely audible. “I like you already. Is that clearer now.” He answers back right away and heaves a sigh. Getting silence on the other line, he leans his head more on the headboard and stares at the ceiling. “Don’t leave me hanging here. Tell me what you feel.” He hushes while scratching his temple.

More seconds passed and he starts getting frustrated of the silence. He looks away and nibbles with his bottom lip for a while before speaking. “You don’t have to say it back if you don’t feel the same. Just tell me. If you feel the same, let’s meet up and if you don’t then it’s best if we just stop this because it’s going nowh—“I like you too, Oppa.” She cuts him off with a sudden and rushed sentence.

Out of nowhere, he begins feeling his heart throbbing the moment he heard her answer.

He clears his throat and looks down to his lap. His lips begin growing a smile. “So.” He hushes and bites on his lip again. “So?” She asks the same question and that’s when Kyungsoo had a full-formed smile on his lips. “When and where do you want to meet.”

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter