Unbroken

More Than A Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Over a month has passed since everything and the couple has been seeing each other at least thrice a week, four if they’re lucky. Kyungsoo would most likely drive straight to Seoul after his classes but Ahreum hasn’t really travelled to Bucheon for him. It’s not that she doesn’t want to but Kyungsoo always insist to go to her instead and at the same time, being a trainee, Ahreum’s life is stricter than how Kyungsoo actually expected. She’s always monitored by the agency and up until know, she hasn’t really told her training manger about their relationship.

Waiting at their usual place, Kyungsoo sits comfortably while staring down at his phone. He’s waiting for Ahreum who is expected to arrive in a few minutes. Today is a Sunday and it’s one of his favorite days because Ahreum finishes training very early at eleven in the morning. She only has language and speech lessons so it’s less complicated than the other.  “Where’s the girl.” He mutters while constantly pressing on Ahreum’s contact for no apparent reason.

As if on cue, he finally sees his girlfriend entering the café. He was about to stand up to welcome her when he realized she wasn’t alone. She was walking side by side with a man, a tall handsome man. Kyungsoo’s shoulders fell as he stared at their direction. Ahreum didn’t even walk to their usual table and they just stood near the entrance while chatting. He could slowly feel the blood boiling inside of him and his grip on his phone tightened in a matter of seconds.

Good enough, the small chat Ahreum was having with the guy shortly ended. “Bye~ Okay, take care.” She waves a hand but stays there while the guy went to a table at the other side of the cafe. By then, Kyungsoo finally got to have eye-contact with his girlfriend and he wasn’t hesitant to show his upset state. However, Ahreum just looked at him meaningfully and even twitched her eyebrow before walking out of the café again. Kyungsoo’s eyes widen in bewilderment at what she just did and so without further ado, he stood up to follow her out.

“Yah.” He calls while catching her pace. They arrived at the café’s parking lot and Ahreum finally stopped walking and turned to him. “What was that. Who was that.” Kyungsoo asks with his disgruntled expression and Ahreum just pouted while scratching her hair. “He’s a fellow trainee. We have the same Training manager and he can’t see us. He might tell Haesun Unni. We just happened to go at the same place which I didn’t expect and so I just let him in and signal you to go out after.” Ahreum explains and finally, Kyungsoo’s shoulders calmed down realizing the situation. He felt relieved that she explained it right away before he could even worsen the thoughts in his mind.

“Okay. . . I thought there’s something going on.” He sighs in relief while running his fingers through his hair. “Let’s go Oppa. . .” Ahreum weakly mutters before hugging Kyungsoo’s arm. With that small touch, he immediately felt her warm skin which made him frown. “You’re sick.” He said and quickly touched her forehead. “It’s a light fever. I already drank medicine, don’t worry.” Ahreum said and just leaned her head on his shoulder as they walk towards Kyungsoo’s car.

“I’ll drive you to your dorm now. Take a rest.” Kyungsoo spoke and held her gently but warmly on her shoulders for support. “Oppa, I’m alright. It’s a slight fever, it’ll be gone later. And I don’t feel too weak.” Ahreum responds with a smile before removing his hands from her. “I want to hold your hand.” She adds while chuckling before locking their hands together again. Still feeling worried, Kyungsoo wipes the sweats on her forehead while intently staring down at her.

“Are you sure you’re alright.” He asks, his eyebrows meeting at the center because of too much concern. “Yup. Relax Oppa. I’m a big girl~” Ahreum obviously tries to act all jolly like always but it’s still evident that she doesn’t feel well. Kyungsoo just keeps his mouth shut but he’s been noticing her weight loss. Whenever they’re on a date, she eats so little and he clearly knows it’s not by her will. He wanted to say something but he knows he couldn’t if it’s about training and regulations, he doesn’t want to argue with her working hard to reach her dream.

But it always worries him.

Just as they arrived in front of his car, he couldn’t help it anymore and pulled her into a hug. Ahreum blinks feeling all flustered of the unexpected hug. For the passed month, the things they mostly shared were simple touching of the hands, arms, and deep conversations. They have shared a simple and quick peck on the lips but other than that or let me say MORE than that, not yet. It just started from Kyungsoo kissing her on the cheeks whenever he would send her off until one time he changed the habit and instead started giving her a small peck on the lips but nothing comes after that.

And Ahreum has always waited for that REAL KISS to take place soon. A real kiss is way far different from those quick ones and so until now, she can’t really tell what to expect but nevertheless, she’s looking forward to it. She already knows Kyungsoo so well, she knows how reserved and decent he can get at time. One thing she also admires about him.

“Why, oppa?” She asks and hugs him back. “I don’t want to get into it and make you think I’m complaining but please take care of yourself. I know how much you want to be an actress so you train hard but don’t forget you’re still human. Okay.” He softly tells near her ear before cutting the hug off. He opens the door for her before walking straight to the driver’s area. Ahreum heaves a sigh as she looks at her boyfriend’s bothered face while getting in. “Aren’t you getting in.” She hears him say from inside and so she got in and closed the door.

“Oppa, are you worried?” She asks with her growing smile. Ahreum knows she’s not supposed to be all giddy about it especially when she’s feeling sick but she just can’t help but to feel moved of his concern. “What, are you going to make yourself sick always now just to see me worried like this.” Kyungsoo mocks as he starts the engine. Ahreum pouts earning that cold yet still bothered tone from him. He looked really displeased. “But Oppa, it’s not like I can do something about it. I need to get to my ideal weight. I’m still over that right now and my health mentor would scold me.” She tries explaining only to earn a scoff from him.

“What do you mean over that, do you know how thin you look right now.” Kyungsoo argues back before turning to her with a glare. He could drive off yet because of how troubled he feels inside. “And now you’re sick like that. It’s because you don’t eat right.” He scolds and Ahreum only looks down in guilt. She knows everything he’s saying is right and she has nothing to say. “You are going to eat a lot today. You are not going to think about the scale or measurements, understand me.” He lastly said with finality before driving off.

“Okay. . . I w-want pizza and pasta.” Ahreum answers, the food that she always misses whenever she’s on a strict diet. “No. Not because I told you to eat a lot means you’ll eat unhealthy.” Kyungsoo groans and Ahreum whimpers like a puppy while lightly hitting her bag. “Then where are we going to eat. . . like all restaurants we go to have pasta and I would want pasta. Oppa, if I make today as cheat day let me at least ea— “We’re eating at my home.” Kyungsoo cuts her off. The moment she heard that, her body stiffens and her eyes found their way to his side immediately. “Y-your home??” She asks in panic. It was so sudden, she didn’t even make herself look pretty today and she hasn’t met his mother.

“You need home cooked meals. I know in your dorm, you don’t cook much. The food you cook for yourself are just egg rolls and tasteless chicken and all protein juice. You don’t have natural ingredients in your body. You’re killing yourself.” Kyungsoo explains. “B-but. . . but I’m going to meet your p-parents??” Ahreum exclaims and Kyungsoo rolls his eyes feeling irritated of how loud her voice was. “Bae Ahreum, I’m right beside you. No need to shout.” he said. B

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter