Communication

More Than A Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Drawing an invisible barrier between genders, Ahreum and Doori showed great excitement as they reached their chosen seats in the character café they just got into while their men, Kyungsoo and Baekhyun displayed little to no enthusiasm at all. “This is the most awesome place ever~” Ahreum chants while tugging on her husband’s arm. So they sat down in pairs making Kyungsoo and Baekhyun sit across each other and vise versa to the girls.

“Yah, Ahreum-ah. Did you see the souvenir store at the ground floor? Should we go there first and let them order cause damn, I’m hungry but I want to buy Mari a souvenir.” Doori suggests while rubbing her tummy. “H-ha? You two are gonna leave us?” Baekhyun asks and he started showing a very anxious expression. “Oh yeah~ that’s a great idea. Unni, let’s go see the store~ Oppa, can we?” Ahreum agrees and stands up immediately.  She glances at Kyungsoo with a grin. “No problem.” The quiet man answers while smiling lightly.

“Babe, here.” Baekhyun took his wallet out and handed it to his wife. “Just order for us, okay.” Doori grabs it before dragging Ahreum away.

And it was a start of something critically awkward. . .

Kyungsoo stared right at the stairs where the two girls left off to while Baekhyun locked his down at the character-designed walls of the café. It was so silent and it’s not comfortable at all. Slowly moving his eyes towards the guy across him, Baekhyun tapped his fingers on the table just so there was a sound. “Uhm. . . so~ how’d you meet Ahreum?” He was finally able to open up a random topic which made the other guy look. “Online.” Kyungsoo answered immediately with his dull voice. Baekhyun nods with a smile while looking around. “That’s cool. When’s your birthday again?” He asks next.

This time, Kyungsoo gave him a mocking smile.

“You know, we don’t really have to be like best friends just because our wives are the same. It’s fine with me. You don’t see to be comfortable too anyway.” He said straightforwardly. Baekhyun exhaled a chuckle while rubbing his neck. “Y-yeah, I’m not really good with conversations too unless Doori’s there. You know how energetic she can be, I just unconsciously follow along. So. . .” he explained. “I understand.” Kyungsoo answered before giving his attention back to the stairs as if staring at it would make Ahreum and Doori magically appear from there again.

“Oh, right shouldn’t we order.” Baekhyun then tells and without answering anymore, Kyungsoo calls out a server. Baekhyun was a bit better in Japanese so he was the one who ordered and talked. “I’ve said my orders. Yours and Ahreum’s?” Baekhyun asks. “Just Ahreum. This Pikachu Burger plate and also this Pasta with Pikachu on the side whatever that is, no carrots. And this Pikachu Cappuccino.” Kyungsoo answered. “Oh. . . okay? How about yours?” Baekhyun asks. “I’ll eat her leftover. She won’t finish them.” He answered immediately.

“Okay?” Baekhyun blinked.” Also, I heard you get to keep the Pokemon Ball mug, I’m not sure if you’ll pay or what. Confirm it, Ahreum would take it for sure.” Kyungsoo adds earning a nod from the guy. After they ordered, the atmosphere grew quiet again. “So. . . Ahreum doesn’t eat a lot?” Baekhyun asks.

“She doesn’t. But she orders a lot so I usually don’t order so much for me ‘cause I eat her leftover.” Kyungsoo explains making Baekhyun chuckle while nodding. “That’s sweet of you. I’d do it too.” He tells while rubbing his neck. “But Doori never leaves a single residue on the plate. So I can’t.” he adds and finally, a smile climbs up to Kyungsoo’s face. It kind of made the aura between them a bit comfortable. “How’s Doori’s pregnancy.” Kyungsoo initiated a topic this time.

“She handles is pretty well after all, it’s not her first time. I’m more panicky and concerned since it’s my first.” Baekhyun answers. “I think it’s normal.” Kyungsoo agrees while nodding. “I don’t know if this is right to ask? H-how about you and Ahreum? Any baby plans?” The guy then asks. The atmosphere grew back to silent when Kyungsoo spaced out for a while. “Kyungsoo? Did I. . . say something personal?” Baekhyun asks while rubbing his neck.

“No, it’s okay. We’re just. . . not rushing anything.” Kyungsoo finally answers while rubbing the tip of his nose. “Rushing? Aren’t you two. . . almost on your third year of marriage though?” Baekhyun asks and this time, he just earned a sullen look from the guy. “Never mind. I apologize, I kind of went overboard.” He takes it back while shaking his head. By then, the two guys were back to being silent but now, it has gone far worse, there was tension. Baekhyun could clearly see the bothered look Kyungsoo had and he felt so guilty about it.  He thought he might have dug out a personal thing between the married couple from that simple question he asked.

But fortunately, Doori and Ahreum came back as if on cue to the growing tautness between the two of them. “Oh? You guys didn’t buy anything?” Baekhyun asks while looking at the empty-handed girls. “They were so expensive. Other stores outside have the similar stuffs and they’re much cheaper.” Doori explains while having her displeased face. Ahreum flops down beside Kyungsoo while grinning. “I wanted to buy something but I liked everything and I don’t know which ones to choose.” She then explains her own reason.

“Aigoo, so cute.” Baekhyun chuckles while shaking his head in amusement. “Tomorrow maybe we’ll just walk around and look for some stores. Go shopping.” Doori starts a simple topic. “Yah, you’ll get tired. Let’s rent a car, hm? I don’t want my baby and mommy tired.” Baekhyun sweetly coos while rubbing his wife’s tummy. Ahreum giggles while watching the couple. Kyungsoo on the other hand just stared in space while folding his arms.

“Do you get tired easily, Unni? Like when you’re pregnant?” Ahreum asks out of curiosity. Kyungsoo slowly glanced at her and stared at her wondering eyes. How much he wants that curiosity to turn into desire. . . How much he wants this time to be the right time.

But he knows it isn’t.

At least not for her career.

And he’s not that selfish to force her into something that she’s not ready for yet.

“Well honestly? Compared to when I was carrying Mari, this is much easier. Though I like sleeping a lot more but besides that, I’m handling it quite similarly to when I had my first pregnancy.” Doori explains. “And she likes eating a lot more. See this bump? It’s not even the baby yet.” Baekhyun teases while rubbing Doori’s tummy. “Ya

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter