Motherhood

More Than A Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“Appa! No! Appa, let’s go home, Appa!”

The whole clinic was in chaos. Kyungsoo, Ahreum one dentist, Park Chanyeol chase the triplets who were currently running all around the place. “Mingu—No, don’t go there! No, bad!” Kyungsoo runs quick when Minguk tried to crawl into the counter where the attendant was in. He quickly took the toddler’s body out and carried him away. “Appa—no doctor! Appa!” Minguk clutched on his neck tightly while crying hard. Daehan on the other hand was caught by Chanyeol and was kicking in the air while being held by the tall dentist. Ahreum then chases Manse who was running in circles so fast it makes her dizzy. Just then, as if turned into a lifesaver, Baekhyun came out while another dentist named Jinyoung came out. “Oh? Kyungsoo-yah? You’re on furlough?” The guy walks out calmly although there was chaos at the moment.

“Appa!” Minguk kicks around and accidentally hit Kyungsoo on the face. “Oh!” Baekhyun flinched in surprise and helped the guy take control of the wild toddler in action. “Eomma, take Mingukkie! Eomma, go home we go home!” Minguk tries his best to pull away from the two guys’ hold. “baby, this will be quick hm? Kyungsoo pleads while hugging his son’s body. “Manse, Eomma is tired now hm?” Ahreum speaks in between pants while chasing the toddler. “Wait a sec.” Baekhyun lets go. “Jinyoung-ah, help them.” He tells before walking to the counter.

He grabbed a few packs of granola bars.

“Daehan-ah, Minguk-ah, Manse-yah. Remember Aunt Doori’s yum yum?” He speaks loudly and the triplets literally stopped from moving. The dentist proudly shows the packs his wife especially makes at least one a week for the clinic. “Yum yum. . .” The triplets start mumbling while staring at Baekhyun’s direction with their mouths opened. “Thank God. . .” Kyungsoo groans while looking up. He puts Minguk down, Chanyeol did the same to Daehan. On the other hand, Manse run himself towards the dentist too. Baekhyun knelt down their level while handing them the packs which he already opened for them.

“Eomma and Appa brought you to me because Uncle Baekhyun fights monster who gives Daehan, Minguk and Manse a hard time sleeping when their teeth aren’t healthy. Do you understand Uncle?” Baekhyun asks as he opens another pack for himself and ate with them with a smile. The exhausted couple on the other hand walked towards each other and went to them hand in hand. “Eomma, Appa. You want?” Baekhyun throws two packs to Kyungsoo which the guy caught effortlessly and handed the other one to Ahreum. “Uncle fight monsters?” Manse asks while chewing. “Yes. Inside triplets’ mouths there are monsters if Uncle Baekhyun don’t clean them up. You want Monsters to attack you? You know, Mari noona had the same monsters before because she keeps on eating candy but Uncle Baekhyun saved the day and now Mari Noona’s teeth is very healthy.” Baekhyun explains.

He’s very good with kids.

“Mari Noona pretty smile.” Daehan murmurs while giggling. “Yes~ Mari Noona has a very good smile right? Before Mari noona doesn’t have good smile because she doesn’t take care of it but Uncle Baekhyun took care of it. Do you want to have good smiles?” Baekhyun asks and their cheeks one by one. They all nodded. So looking up at the couple, Baekhyun gave out a thumbs up. “See? Easy piecy.” He chuckles before standing up. “Let’s go.” He added and winked at Ahreum before walking off first. “Yah, what’s with the wink.” Kyungsoo grunts only to earn a hit from his wife. “Geez, it’s just Baekhyun Oppa.” Ahreum muffles while chuckling.

But out of their expectation, it was a completely different story when they entered the very clinic.

Seeing the dental chairs and apparatus did not help at all.

The triplets start climbing up to their parents’ bodies again.

“A-appa. . .”

“Eomma no no. . .”

They were led to a couch at one corner and sat there. Daehan, Minguk and Manse climbed up to their laps right away and hugged them tightly. “Boys? Do you not understand Uncle earlier?” Baekhyun asks and was about to repeat his explanation when Kyungsoo put a hand up. “Baekhyun, how about just go straight with it. Just. . . . I’ll help holding them down.” He mutters softly, not wanting to see his sons act like this any longer. It worries him so much. Baekhyun looked at his fellow dentists and sighed. “Okay~ who comes first?” He asks and Kyungsoo who was carrying Minguk stood up. “Let’s go.” He tells and just walks straight to the special children’s dental chair at one corner which even has a curtain over it.

He held Minguk on the head to refrain the child from seeing the apparatus.

He eyes Ahreum on the couch and gives her an assuring nod. “Minguk-ah, it’ll be alright okay? Appa’s there with you.” Ahreum coos while hugging the other two toddlers. Jinyoung pulls the curtain open and lets Kyungsoo in. “A-appa, no. . . Appa no no!” Minguk starts crying loudly when his father placed him down the chair. “This will be fast, baby. They’re just going to check and clean your teeth, oh? Just quick.” Kyungsoo tries his best not to be faltered by the toddler’s cries and held his body down. Chanyeol on the other hand went to the feet and held them too.

And Baekhyun started the check-up and cleaning right after.

Ahreum who was waiting outside closed her eyes tight hearing Minguk’s ear-piercing cries from inside the curtains. Manse and Daehan cries hard hearing the buzzing sound from the dental handpiece. “Eomma, what are they doing to Mingukkie? He hurt?” Daehan asks in fear. “No baby, of course not. Daehan-ah, Manse-yah. They’re just cleaning the teeth, not painful at all. And also, Appa is here. No need to be scared right?” Ahreum explains while wiping the tears on their faces. “Eomma, still scared. . .” Manse buries his face on Ahreum’s chest while shaking his head.

Daehan on the other hand stared at the closed curtain.

Then looking back up his mom again he spoke, “Appa very brave, no need to be scared, ne?” He asks. Ahreum smiled and nodded immediately. “Ne~ Appa won’t let anything happen to babies, right? Appa s very strong and will fight anyone who hurts us. It means Dentist Uncles aren’t hurting Minguk or the two of you, Appa is there. We just want monsters not to disturb our babies. Ne?” She explains enthusiastically. “Appa protect Daehan. . . Minguk and M-manse?” Daehan asks while blinking. “Yes~ And also Eomma always protects you right?” Ahreum agrees and kisses his lips.

Then in his own will, Daehan jumps off his mother’s lap.

Ahreum watches in surprise when

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter