Desperation

More Than A Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

It’s been almost four months since Ahreum stopped taking contraceptive pills. Christmas, Kyungsoo’s birthday and their third anniversary, which was just recently, have passed already. So far, no baby yet. Although they are open about having a child already, the two went on to their busy jobs and they maintained the old ways of schedules. Nothing really changed expect the fact that they stopped on the protections. Being the patient person that he is, Kyungsoo always told Ahreum to just relax about it and not mind it too much. Like he always says, they’re not rushing.

Which is true enough. They agreed not to rush.

But these past few weeks, Ahreum’s been feeling like she wanted to break that agreement.

She’s feeling impatient and greedy for it already.

And these past month as well, Kyungsoo’s been actually very busy, much busier than how he used to be. He once again got promoted in the school board which gave him more workloads and more office hours. Ahreum on the other hand didn’t really have too much schedules.

Because she’s been declining a few.

And she never told Kyungsoo about it.

Only her manager knows that she’s trying to slowly initiate the break that she wants to have, starting it with very few schedules and TV appearances until she officially talks it out with the agency. She actually had three big movies declined and she hated herself for doing it but she can’t help it. She wants to focus on herself more, focus on their family more. And she knows her decisions were wrong and wasteful that’s why she doesn’t have the guts to really tell Kyungsoo about it. She doesn’t want him to think she has a career doubts or something.

Technically, she’s like on the rebellion stage of her career that even her kind-hearted manager sometimes ends up scolding her for the projects she was wasting and she always begged her not to tell the CEO about it.

For her, she has a lot more to worry about. Only now, that she’s officially interested in bearing a child, did she actually paid attention to her irregular menstruation. She always ignored being irregular since she knows a lot of girls who are the same but are perfectly fine.

Which lead her here right now – in an Gynecologist Dr. Goo’s clinic.

Take note, without Kyungsoo’s knowledge. Not a tad bit.

It was an impulsive decision of hers, she actually just literally walked in and let her manager take care of it so she could go in earlier despite the fact that she didn’t have any appointments. For her, this is her own way to decide for herself as a hoping mother, a woman. Right now, she doesn’t even care about Do Kyungsoo or what he would say, this is all about her.

SHE.WANTS.TO.BE.A.MOTHER.

And no one would understand her until they’re on her shoes.

“So~ Miss Bae Ahreum ssi, it’s really nice to meet you in person.” Dr. Goo shared a bow with her before offering a hand shake. Ahreum took it shyly while grinning. “You are such a fine young woman. It’s an honor that you chose my clinic.” The doctor smiles brightly while nodding. “Before anything else, you do not have to worry about anything, by the law, everything we talk about here, your concerns and other conditions that we may come across with will stay private.” She added just to inform the actress. “Thank you, that’s good to know. Actually. . . it’s been a while since I visited an OB-GYNE, the last time, I just had that. . . you know, the PAP test or something because it was required in a contract I was in.” Ahreum explained while looking around the clinic.

“Oh really? Women should at least have tests as such once every two to three years. You must be very busy huh?” Dr. Goo asks. “I know, I barely had time to really check for myself.” Ahreum grins shyly while rubbing her hands together. “But anyway. . . I’m just a bit concerned about myself.” She the opens up the topic with a nice intro. “Uh-huh? Go on, I’m listening.” The doctor nods signaling her to go on. “My husband and I have been actually trying to get pregnant. Well, actually not the desperate way of ‘trying to get pregnant’ but you know. . . we’re kind of open about baby things a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter