How Much Is Too Much

More Than A Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“I’m alright, you’re overreacting.” Kyungsoo mutters as he eats the ramen he just cooked for himself. His phone is placed down the table on its stand as he video calls his wife. “Why are you eating that again. . . I feel so bad, I’m here eating nice food because of the wrap-up party and you’re there eating unhealthy things.” Ahreum muttered. She’s currently inside her van after sneaking out from the party for a while, it’s the only possible private place she could be in right now. “I ate nice food yesterday, I’m just really not in the mood to eat out.” Kyungsoo answers right away in between chews.

Actually, he has a fever now but he’s not the type to really overreact or act too weak about it although he doesn’t feel good at all.

“Did something happen in school? Did the students give you stress again?” Ahreum asks, worry was evident in her voice. Seeing him looking so unwell right now breaks her heart, she badly wants to just run down there and take care of him. “Oppa, the party’s going to end by twelve. I can ask Manager Unni to drive me straight home so I could take care of you. Hm?” She asks. “No, just go to your condo and take a rest. Don’t drink too much okay.” Kyungsoo meekly tells before taking another big bite of noodles.

“I won’t. I have schedule tomorrow.” Ahreum nods while glancing at the car window. “Ahreum, I’m fine here. Just go back inside, they might be suspicious of where you are.” Kyungsoo grunts and picked the phone up. “Oppa, drink medicine again okay? Drink a lot of water and if you can’t sleep, call me. Okay?” She softly coos while still pouting hard. “Okay. . .” She mutters before moving closer to the screen and kissed it. Kyungsoo just meekly chuckles in response. “Oppa, do it too. Ppoppo.” Ahreum murmurs and with that, he did it and also kissed the screen of his phone. “Happy now? Bye.” He muffles while rubbing the back of his neck. Ahreum gave him a loving smile that he always adored.

“Bye.” He mutters again while feebly waving a hand.  Once the call ended, his lips curve back down. Out of reflex, he opened the Instagram Application. He recently created an account which he doesn’t use at all to post anything but only for the sole purpose of viewing Ahreum’s account. He never told her though, cause she knows he might read some stuffs that he won’t like – either comments about her and Kang Joon or hate comments from her anti-fans.

A smile climbs back to his lips as he saw a new Instagram post from her.

“Behind The Scenes, you say. The way this guy looks at—calm down.” He closes his eyes while breathing heavily. He puts the phone for a while and tapped his warm cheeks. Every time he sees guys being near Ahreum, looking at her, talking to her on every show guesting or whatsoever, he never fails to notice some of them interested in her. He’s a guy, she’s his wife, he has a strong radar with those kinds of stuff surrounding her. He then takes his phone again and left the application. He went to Naver and searched for ‘Lee Jongsuk girlfriend’ and unfortunately, he didn’t find any. “Aish. . .” He groans and scratched his neck.

This has been his secret way to monitor Ahreum’s activities beyond what she would usually tell him.

Sometimes, he feels like he’s a stalker fan.

He’s fully aware that Ahreum would never look at any guy she would work it be it a drama, show or even photoshoots like this but he still feels very concerned. It’s an inevitable feeling when you have a wife who is now an ideal type of most men. Then going back to her Instagram post, he began reading the fans’ comments, just some of them, he didn’t scroll up anymore.

‘You look so cute together! <3’

‘Unni~ I hope you work with him for a drama in the future! You suit each other and you look so cute and tiny because he’s so tall. Manly Oppa and Cute Unni!’

‘Bae Ahreum, my goddess! Do you see how Jongsuk Oppa looks at you?~ Oppa is just as perfect as you, be together!~’

‘Unni! L Kangjoon Oppa might get jealous! Jongsuk Oppa is handsome but I love unni with Kangjoon oppa more~ You’re made for each other, be it drama or real life!~’

‘Unni~, you’re really meant for tall guys that it makes you much cuter! That’s so cute~ I hope you work together too!’

After reading the last comment at the bottom. His face hardened as he tightly grips on the phone. With the anger starting to build up in him again, he decided to take the phone away from him now and he looked to other directions. “They’re kids. You’re an adult.” He closes his eyes while making a blowfish. “Aish—these kids. Height doesn’t make a man manly, oh??” He scolded the phone with so much feeling before standing up making a cracking sound from the chair. He harshly grabbed the phone before stomping his feet to the couch. “Meant for tall guys—what kind of logic is that. Geez, Bae Ahreum your fans are more childish than you.” He grunts as he turns the TV on.

His headache worsens in a second as he glares at the TV screen.

“I’m 173 cm. it’s not short. They’re just too tall.” He grits his teeth while harshly pressing the TV remote with his thumb. “So annoying what’s so manly about him, he even bleached his hair. So girly.” He adds while messing his hair up. He has expected that he would feel this way. He always does whenever he would check her SNS, but he just can’t help it. At the same time, he wants to know how bad are the hate comments that she sometimes gets. Although he knows he wouldn’t be able to protect her from that, at least by knowing those things, he would know how to comfort her. \

And by the end of the day, even how much jealousy and frustration he feels, he’s still aware of how much worse is the situation for her.

 

_ _ _

 

“Are the drama students all set in the auditorium?”

Kyungsoo bowed politely to the school principal before nodding. “Yes, Mrs. Jang. May I ask what the program is about?” He asks while having his hands behind him. They’re currently in the empty corridor together with some school staff. Other students excluding the drama club are all in their classrooms, not noted about the program to keep the peace and balance in this program that were especially given for the drama students. “We’ll be featured for MTV School Attack~” Mrs. Jang informs with a wide smile. Kyungsoo just blinked while smiling, not being aware of the show.

“I apologize that I didn’t discuss this with you but it’s the whole point. Just by the title, it’s an attack. An ambush-visit of celebrities in schools.” Mrs. Jang briefly explains and Kyungsoo nodded right away while rubbing his neck. “And knowing the hype these days, we know we made the righr decision to accept the invitation. Cause our feature celebrity is—Oh~ She’s here~ Welcome to Jungwon High!” The principal suddenly faced her left which made Kyungsoo do the same. And literally, he was immediately tempted to run away out of panic when he saw none other than his wife, Bae Ahreum who’s walking their way while some other school staffs were behind her.

“Annyeonghaseyo~” She greets with a wide smile. “Omo~ Bae Ahreum ssi, you’re much prettier in person. Hello, nice to meet you.” Mrs. Jang greets and exchanged bows with the actress. Kyungsoo on the other hand just stood behind the principal as if he wants to hide. “Oh right, this is our drama club coordinator. Mr. Do Kyungsoo.” And the hiding was cut off right away when Mrs. Jang moved aside revealing him completely. Ahreum smiles back—but he could sense her smile full of meaning—while bowing. “Annyeonghaseyo. Sonsaengnim.” She greets while giggling.

“Anyway, the drama students are aware that they’re going to have a drama skit present to us staffs. Mr. Do, you’re the one who will bring her inside and we can’t make it too obvious so as planned and expected by them, we’re going inside first and I’m also going to call out the students who are probably in backstage and tell them to join the audi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter