Gone Mad

More Than A Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Thank you so much for coming. I really missed you all~”

Giggling alone, Ahreum quickly stopped while glancing at her husband. Deep inside, she felt really scared just by looking at Kyungsoo’s relatives who were giving her ‘the looks’ if you know what I mean. “I-I’m sorry if I didn’t attend some of the special occasions of our family. Work just. . . didn’t allow me to.” She explains and smiled as much as she could. “It’s okay. We didn’t mind at all.” One of Kyungsoo’s Aunt, Aunt Eunjung answers with her somewhat mocking smile. “I know. I mean we don’t want to ruin your career if you come there and make a scene like it’s a red carpet. We don’t want much trouble for you.” Another relative, Uncle Byungho adds in.

Kyungsoo gulps hard and his expression gets harder listening to their obvious sarcasm. “A-ahh. . . Sorry.” Ahreum apologizes while bowing her head until she felt her husband’s hand under the table, holding hers. “Anyway. . . should we order now? It’s my birthday treat for all of you.” She grins while glancing at her husband. She could see Kyungsoo’s worried look but she just shrugged it off. She needed to face it and not always hide behind him. “By the way, so your marriage is already out. What happens to our Kyungsoo? Is he a celebrity now too?~” They ask while laughing. “Aunty, Uncle, it isn’t like that. Please.” Kyungsoo blurts out with his tired expression.

His parents that were on the other corner of the long table, right beside Ahreum just looked away feeling embarrassed of their relatives that are obviously humiliating the couple right now. “No~ I mean your wife is so popular and you’ll definitely get dragged along sooner or later. Drama in a celebrity’s life needs to continue, I heard. Since her TV drama just ended, she needed something new to get people’s attention. That’s a good strategy, Ahreummie.” Another relative, Aunty Minseo tells while giving her a thumbs up. “N-no. . . it isn’t l-like that.” Ahreum muffles, her voice slowly getting weaker and weaker with each word.

“Oh right~ Unni, can I take some pictures with you later?” One of Kyungsoo’s younger cousins, Subin asks. It finally made Ahreum smile. “I’d love to Subin. We should take selcas later.” She agrees while nodding eagerly. “OMO~ That would be daebak. My classmates would love it. Can I sell it, unni? Maybe a few solo photos of you? I have a lot of classmates who are your fans.” The young girl then asks making Ahreum silent while still forcing a smile. Kyungsoo, this time, didn’t keep mum and looked straight at his cousin. “Hwang Subin. Have manners, my wife isn’t a business deal you can just use for money.” He scolds. “Omo? Since when did you sound so rude, Kyungsoo-yah? My Subin was obviously asking permission.” Aunt Eunjung asks. “U-uh, Unni he was just saying. . . it’s not really nice for Ahreum to have her personal pictures taken with family be sold off.” Kyungsoo’s mother tells nicely while smiling.

“Eunjung-ah, he’s right. Subin was a bit too much right now. Subin-ah, don’t do it okay? You can take pictures with your Ahreum unni but no selling okay?” Mr. Do then asks the young girl who was now looking down with her big frown. “Oppa, now you’re siding Ahreum more than your own blood? Wah, this is funny.” Aunt Minseo tells while laughing mockingly. “Do Minseo. You, all of you, are too much to my daughter-in-law. It’s been two years since she’s become part of the family and you’re all still like that? What did she do to all of you?” Mr. Do turned serious now as he looks straight at his sister’s eyes and to the others as well. “A-aunty, Abeoji, it’s okay. . . let’s not argue. S-should we order?” Ahreum tries interviening.

“Nevermind. You know, this is a waste of time. I can’t believe you, Oppa. I wish you all the best, Kyungsoo.” Each one of them stood up and without even saying goodbye walked out all together. Ahreum’s eyes widen and tries getting up but Kyungsoo stopped her. “J-just let them.” He muffles. He feels so sorry for his wife. He expected something unpleasant but not to this extent. “I’m so sorry, Ahreum-ah. Even I don’t get along with them so much. . . we’re too different even if we’re relatives.” Mr. Do comforts while patting Ahreum’s hand on the table. “Appa, at least try to talk to them. They can’t always be like that to my wife. Before it was because of the way we met, and now because of her job. We’re not doing anything. They only think about what they want to think of.” Kyungsoo grunts.

“Oppa, it’s alright. . .” Ahreum tells calmly. She didn’t feel like crying as well. If anything, she’s prepared herself from all kinds of possibilities including what just happened. “Well anyway, it doesn’t matter. What matters is the birthday girl, okay?” Mrs. Do asks while grinning. This made Ahreum smile wider while nodding eagerly. Just then, Mr. Do took out something from under the table, it was a box of cake. “Oh?” Kyungsoo mutters in surprise and his smile grew right away. He looked at Ahreum who also had a surprised face while giggling. “We can’t forget a cake, you know.” Mrs. Do wiggles her eyebrows as they take it out.

“Wait, is this allowed here? We haven’t even ordered.” Kyungsoo muffles while holding his laugh. “Oh let them be. They’re so mean if they shoo us out. I’m Bae Ahreum, you know.” Ahreum tells proudly while still excitedly grinning at the cake her parents-in-law were opening. “And see how ready we are; we even have a lighter.” Mr. Do chants and they all laughed.

Kyungsoo calms down from his anger earlier now that his wife was all giggling. He could only watch the whole time as she enjoys simple things like this.

No matter how childish she may seem outside, he always knows she’s a strong woman inside.

To take all kinds of judgments like that from people around her as an actress to the people whom she’s supposed to call family, she’s still able to grin like an idiot. This always makes him fall for her even harder, each and every day.

He sings along as they started singing, Ahreum was happily clapping her hands. “Saranghaenuen, Ahreummi~ Saengin Chukhahamnida~” They finish the song and clapped their hands. “Blow it now.” Kyungsoo coos while patting her back. She quickly leans down the cake and closed her eyes. She stayed like that for almost a minute before blowing the candles. “Happy Birthday, my dear. Aigoo, you’ve grown into a real woman.” Mrs. Do proudly tells before giving her a kiss on both sides of her cheeks. “Anyway, after eating. Eomma, why don’t you have a girls’ day out with Ahreum? You two go relax in a spa or something.” Kyungsoo suggests. “Hmm. . . that’s not a bad

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter