Beginning

More Than A Feeling
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

P R E S E N T  T I M E

 

Feeling a weight over his body, Do Kyungsoo opens his eyes and was welcomed by his wife’s smiling face right on top of him. Maintaining a straight face, he simply and gently got her off of him before sitting up. “What time is it. . .” he mutters and glances at the wall clock. “Oppa, I’m sorry if I didn’t come home right away. The shooting got extended ‘til midnight. Sorry. . .” He feels his wife’s arms around his waist right away.

He stares in space, half-asleep and half-disappointed still. It’s not like he can complain about his wife’s job of being a busy, rising actress. “Oppa. . . I said Manager Unni I still want to go home but she said it’s too late already to still drive to Bucheon so she drove me straight home instead.” She murmurs with her shaky voice. Kyungsoo heaves a sigh and scratches his head, still showing his unamused state. “Oppa, why no answer. . . As soon as it was morning, I travelled her— “You went here alone again? Ahreum-ah you know how dangerous it is for you.” He finally speaks and turns to her with a frown.

“But Manager Unni won’t drive me here that early and I wanted to see you first thing in the morning. Sorry, Oppa. . . don’t worry there weren’t many people in the subway and I put on big mask and shades too. Oppa, you still mad?” She asks and was really about to cry when Kyungsoo pins her back down the bed. “I’m not mad okay.” He muffles softly while caressing her cheek. “I-I have two-days rest from shooting and it’s almost done Oppa. I can stay here, hm? Not mad anymore?” She asks while hugging him on the neck.

Without answering anymore, Kyungsoo captures his wife’s lips for a longing and passionate kiss. Ahreum’s lips curve up into a smile as she kisses back immediately while running her fingers through her husband’s hair. Kyungsoo shifts their bodies so she could go on top and holds onto her hips. “Wait.” Cutting the kiss first, Ahreum giggles and stared down at her husband who has his usual smug smile. “My birthday’s coming soon, Oppa~” She grins while giving him a meaningful smile. “So?” Kyungsoo answers back while chuckling before gently pushing her off so he could get off the bed.

“Eyyy~ Oppa!” Ahreum whines and trails behind him. “Oppa, no surprises for me? Oppa. . .” She begins fake-crying and hugging him from behind. Kyungsoo continues walking dragging her body along until they arrived in the kitchen. “Yah, you don’t ask for surprises.” He answers back while heating water for coffee. “How about gifts? Hm? I want a gift from you, Oppa. You don’t always give me gifts. . . Oppa. . .” Ahreum muffles while squirming from side to side making Kyungsoo’s body move along. “Yah, aish—get off I’m trying to heat water here.” He hisses and removes her hands from his waist. Ahreum pouts as she takes a few steps towards the counter space and jumps in to sit there instead.

“So grumpy Oppa, we didn’t see each for nearly two weeks. So hard to sleep at home, alone on my bed every night. . .” She muffles while fiddling with her fingers. “Tch. Who told you not to go home to me for two weeks. I’m not going anywhere but work.” He answers back making her frown even more. Knowing he went overboard to what he said, he turns to her immediately and sighs. “it was a joke.” He defends right away and Ahreum frowns more and looks in space. “Sorry for always being busy. . . and not going home here. Bucheon is just too far from the shooting location and Manager Unni won’t allow me to always go home here. Fans, you know.” She looks down to her lap.

Kyungsoo heaves a sigh as he finally smiles. Walking to her, he stops just in between her legs making her look up. He puts both hands on her puffy cheeks and straightens her eyebrows with his thumbs. “Okay fine. I will tell you a secret that might help you stop from frowning.” He speaks softly and Ahreum’s face slowly softens while nodding. “I’ve been keeping this from you since I’m preparing for it. I have plans to go on an out-of-the-country trip with you, hopefully you get a few days free near your birthday.” He finally spills the beans he’s been hiding.

Same moment, Ahreum’s face completely lightens up and her arms found their way to Kyungsoo’s neck for a tight hug until she was completely being carried by him like a Koala bear. “Oppa!!! I want!~ The last time we went on a trip was our honeymoon~ I’m so happy, yayy!~” She begins squealing excitedly and Kyungsoo can’t help but to laugh along now as he holds onto her thighs so she won’t fall off. “Yah, calm down first. Nothing’s final yet until you fix your schedule and we need to find spots where there aren’t too much people for your career’s safety.” He speaks and Ahreum indeed stops from squealing but still grinned while looking back at him.

“Alright Oppa. I will make sure to clear~ all my schedule around that ti—“She couldn’t finish her sentence when her phone rang. Kyungsoo put her down right away and he walks back to the coffee maker. He glances at her as she answers the phone. “Hello? Manager Unni. Yes, I got home cause I miss my husband. Yes, I went alone. I’m okay I just—huh? Star King? I thought I’m clear for today?” As soon as he heard it, Kyungsoo’s face fell and he couldn’t look at her any longer. “But Unni, I need time with my husband. We haven’t seen each other for two weeks. No, I will go back two days fro—What? You’re already on your way here? Unni, don’t pick me up yet I just got here. . . Please. . .” Ahreum constantly glances at her husband while frowning hard.

“Unni, just for today then. Cancel the guesting, I just really need—Huh?” Her face fell and looked at her husband again. “Oppa, Unni wants to talk to you.” She walks to Kyungsoo who had an expressionless face again. He simply grabs the phone without looking at his wife anymore. “Hello.” He answers with his deep, forced voice. “Do Kyungsoo ssi, don’t make it too hard for me. I know you understand that she can’t always give her time to you, alright? Tell her you’re fine with it. I am picking her up in a few minutes. I’m almost there.” Her manager speaks through the phone.

He gulps the lump in his throat before glancing at Ahreum. “Yes, I’ll tell her Noona. Bye.” He cuts the phone call right away before turning to Ahreum. “No. . . Oppa, please.” She begins shaking her head eagerly but Kyungsoo can’t do anything about it. “Ahreum, just—please just cooperate, she’ll just get mad and scold you again. I’m fine, I’m not mad.” He tells before heaving a deep sigh. “Oppa. . .” Ahreum’s face fell as she watches her husband turn away to continue making coffee.

“I have work anyway so we can’t hang out too. It’s the students’ exams today. I’m busy.” He makes a legit excuse without looking at her. Ahreum whimpers again before hugging him from behind. “Please, don’t be stubborn. I don’t want your manager to feel like I don’t understand your career. I don’t want her to say I’m taking you away from your limelight okay. I don’t mind, just go if you need to.” He assures with his usual blank tone.

     Car honks.

“There she is. Just go now. I need to prepare for work after breakfast.” Kyungsoo adds while trying to remove her arms from his waist. “Sorry. . .” She didn’t let go and instead move in front of him to continue hugging him tight while burying her face on his chest. Kyungsoo closes his eyes and look up the ceiling. “Bae Ahreum.” He calls seriously this time and finally Ahreum lets go but was still having her whiney state. “Yah.” He calls a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter