63..

Of Truth and Love

"We didn't know he heard us, Chahye," said Kiyoung as they ended the day and prepared to go home.
"That's fine, eonnie. Don't worry," smiled Chahye.
"Was he mad or something though?" asked Eunji.
"I... I'm not sure," she answered. "I guess he was more pissed off that he realized he needed to keep an eye on Dean more."
"Wouldn't that mean that he's on your side? That he doesn't want Dean to play?" said Kiyoung.
"Yeah. We've always known Dean was a flirt," said Eunji.
"He was, definitely. But not now that he has me," smiled Chahye. Kiyoung and Eunji then started to coo at her. "And if Jeffrey really thinks that way, then I'm happy," said Chahye as she dumped her clothes inside her bag.
"Then what are you so worried about?" asked Eunji.
"Uhm... Nothing. I'm just worried of how his relationship with Dean would go after everything," said Chahye.
"I'm sure Jeffrey still loves him," smiled Kiyoung. "So... I gotta go. See you tomorrow," she added as she slung her bag on her shoulder.
"Yeah. Me, too. Will Dean take you home?" asked Eunji.
"No. He said he was out. I'm going to meet some friends at the convenience store," smiled Chahye.
"All right. Take care. See you tomorrow," said Eunji leaving her with a flying kiss.

Chahye wasn't really worried about anything between Dean and Jeffrey. She knew they were tight, just like brothers. What bothered her was how Jeffrey sounded as if he knew her so well. How? She has never talked to him so much to be comfortable enough to tell stories about herself. Dean felt the same worry as well. Even though management has already been informed of their relationship, they still continued to keep it low because they were both worried of Jeffrey catching them together. That, and because his fans have doubled just within the week.

She walked over to the convenience store and met up with Andup, Young Jay and Konsoul. She's known them since back then and were friends but didn't hang out too much. They walked her back home after buying some ice cream.

Meanwhile...

Dean went straight to Chahye's apartment after his schedule. He was humming a tune as he got off his car and walked to the entrance.

At the lobby, there were lockers lined up on the wall that was designated to each apartment upstairs. This was where packages or posts were left and the tenants would just drop by and pick them up. Dean saw that there were envelopes stuck through the locker 23, Chahye's apartment. He thought that Daejung wasn't home yet so he took them, bringing them up to her apartment.

He knocked on the door and waited for someone to open it. He looked at the envelopes in his hands and noticed that there wasn't any name or address on it. Maybe Chahye had an admirer? It was possible since she was really pretty and if it was from someone from her university, they might like her for her intelligence. "No way," he thought. "She's mine."

He slid his hand into his jean's pocket and took his copy of Chahye's apartment key when the door didn't open. After getting together, Chahye agreed to give him a copy of her key, just in case. But as he slid the key through the knob, the door suddenly opened and Daejung was on the other side.

"Daejung?" said Dean in surprise.
"Nae? Why are you here?" the boy said sleepily.
"I thought you wouldn't be here yet. I just wanted to drop by," he answered taking the key out of the hole.
"We ditched practice. I have an exam tomorrow," answered Daejung as he walked back inside.
"Aren't Hyukoh busy?" asked Dean.
"They are. They're rehearsing for shows and they're also finishing songs for their new album," answered the kid, walking over to their room. "Do you want something?"
"Nah. I'll just wait for your sister," smiled Dean as he sat on the sofa.
"Cool. I have to finish reviewing. I'll leave the door open," he said as he walked in.
"Have you cooked rice already?" asked Dean knowing that Chahye would have to cook their dinner when she arrives.
"Yes," answered the boy.
"Do you want to eat something? I'll have food delivered if you want," offered Dean.
"Shut it. One more day of eating sushi and I swear I'm going to kill you. It's been 3 days in a row, hyung. I had enough," complained Daejung from inside.
"What?! Sushi is the best thing this world has ever invented," smiled Dean as he took his phone out. "By the way, Daejung-ah... I saw letters on your apartment locker as I came up. Are these for your sister?" he asked.
"Letters?" said the boy standing against the door frame. "From who?"
"That's why I wanted to ask you. There are no names on it. Not even an address," said Dean showing him the envelopes in his hands.
Daejung suddenly froze and hugged his arms. "I don't think you should be holding that, or reading it. Noona might get angry," he said.
"I didn't read them. But where should we put it?" he asked.
"She has a box under the television. If you could just put them there," said Daejung walking back to his seat on the desk.

Dean squatted in front of the TV and opened the cabinet under it. He saw the same box Honey J went through before. He was supposed to put the letters back in when he noticed that the box was almost full with other letters unopened. "Why doesn't she read them?" he asked himself when he took two other letters. They also didn't have mailing details on them. Then he saw one that stood out, a letter in a blue envelope. He was about to reach for it when he saw a thick envelope just underneath it. He took it out and it was almost 2 inches thick. He moved it in front of him and when it hit the light, the reflection of a 50,000 won bill showed behind the envelope.

"Money?!" he told himself. "What is she doing with-"

"What do you think you're doing, Kwon Hyuk?!"

Dean stopped then lifted his head only to stand up and see Chahye looking sternly at him. He gulped down his hesitation and gave her stare back.

"What the are you doing, Kwon Hyuk?!" snarled Chahye when she saw the thick envelope in his hand.
"What is this?!" he asked.
"I'm the one asking questions here, Dean. What the actual do you think you're doing meddling with my things?!" she said raising her voice.
"Tell me what this is, Chahye. How come you have this much money?!" said Dean almost shouting at the same volume as her.
"That's none of your business! Now give it back!" she shouted stepping closer.
"This is now also my business. Where did you get this money?! You don't earn this at the studio, Jin Chahye. Tell me!" shouted Dean.
"Uhm... Hyung... Noona..," Daejung called out as he tried to reach for his sister.
"Don't join in this, Daejung. Get back to your room!" shouted Chahye.

The boy just stepped back and continued to watch as they glared at each other. Dean threw the money on the table and started gritting his teeth.

"Where are you getting this?!"
"Leave me alone."
", Jin Chahye! I just want to know!"
"I'm not doing something illegal, if that's what you're so worried about."
"Then what is this?! Have you found yourself a sugar daddy that can keep you alive?!"
"What the...-HOW DARE YOU SAY THAT TO ME?!"
"BECAUSE YOU'RE NOT TELLING ME THINGS!"
"BECAUSE YOU DON'T NEED TO KNOW!"
"Is this how you bought Daejung's guitar?! Is this how you're able to fill your refrigerator with food?! IS THIS HOW YOU PAY FOR THIS APARTMENT?!"
"SHUT UP, DEAN!"
"TELL ME!"
"YOU DON'T NEED TO KNOW!"
"You promised me that there will be no more secrets! TELL ME WHERE YOU GET THIS LOAD OF MONEY!"
"I WON'T! And you don't care! Now get out of my house!"

But suddenly, Dean grabbed her wrists and tried his best to keep her in place as she fought to free herself. "Just tell me, Jin Chahye!" he shouted as Chahye started to scream, too.

Daejung saw how his sister suddenly shook as she pulled herself away from Dean. He ran to her and held her arms. He heard her voice crack as she screamed. This made him look sternly at Dean whose grip on her wrists loosened. Chahye started to cry. "I think that's enough, hyung," he said, putting an arm around her head, comforting her.

That's when Dean saw it. She was shaking in fear and her breathing was deep. He triggered her fear once again, her fear of control. Daejung tried his best to keep her standing and in his arms. Dean pursed his lips and threw the envelope onto the table just to put his anger out. He breathed deep then stepped aside, walking over to the door and stepping outside.

~

Dean drove straight to Velvet studio where Fanxychild was waiting. Luckily, he came with Zico and Crush only there. The two were concentrated on the computer listening to something that they only raised their hands to greet him.

"I think synths work better on this part," thought Crush pointing to a bar on the computer.
"Can I talk to you two?" asked Dean standing beside the couch.
"Sure," answered Crush not even looking back.
"But I was really thinking that this bar should be put in the middle. Sort of a chage in beat," said Zico standing up and pointing still on the computer.
"This is serious," said Dean, when they still didn't pay attention to him.
"Go on," said Crush. "This is better though," he said pressing a key on the keyboard.

Dean rolled his eyes at them before taking his hands out of his pockets. "Who is Chahye talking to besides from me?! Does she have admirers I don't know about?! ing talk to me!" he shouted in slight annoyance.

The two heard his annoyance and quickly stopped to look at him.

"Stupid. Of course Chahye has other admirers than you," said Zico.
"There's Hyuk. One of Jihye's classmates like her, too. And Giriboy hyung," said Crush.
"P.O has a s light crush on her. Then there's Jungwoo hyung, Sims and Takeone hyung," continued Zico.
"Then who's writing to her?!" asked Dean.
The two friends looked at each other then back at him. "Write? Like... Letters? Do people still do that nowadays?" asked Crush.
"What are you talking about?" asked Zico.
"I'm not joking," said Dean sternly.
"And we're not joking as well. I'm not getting you. I don't know anyone sending her letters," said Zico.
"Neither do I," said Crush standing up and crossing his arms.
"Well, I do. I saw the letters. And they were a lot," said Dean.
"Who was it from?" asked Zico.
"That I don't know. There weren't any names on the letters I saw," said Dean.
"Does she have a stalker or something?" asked Crush as he looked at Zico, who just hiked his shoulders.
"You mean... You know nothing about this, too?" asked Dean.
"No. I'm not even sure what you're talking about. But I'm sure there's no other guy in her life but you," said Zico.
"Then mind telling me what Chahye is doing with a wad of cash in her apartment?" asked Dean.
"A what?!" reacted Crush in surprise.
"Inside the cabinet under the television, there's a box. Inside it are letters. Honey J noona saw it as well. I got her letters from the mailbox and put it inside that box when I saw those tons of letters. There was a different envelope though. It was thick. I looked at it and I could trace the won signs through the paper. It was thick. Almost 2 inches," explained Dean.
"Woah. Woah. Wait. That's impossible. Chahye doesn't have that much money," said Crush.
"I know. She doesn't earn that much from her dancing. And with the expenses she has with Daejung, she can't save up that much," said Dean.
"She was just asking mom if she had extra money because Daejung's allowance hasn't been released yet," said Zico.
"Do you think she's...she's doing something illegal?" asked Dean.
"What?! Kwon Hyuk. Don't you ever talk about my cousin like that!" blurted Zico.
"Then where does she get it?! Does she have a sugar daddy or something?!" said Dean almost in a fit of paranoia.
"What the , Dean. Chahye won't ever do that! The last thing she's going to do in this world is have a grown man touch her," said Crush.
"Then how will you explain that?!" screamed Dean.
"Have you even asked her?" asked Zico.
"I did. And she doesn't want to talk about it. She says it's not any of my business," answered Dean.

Crush and Zico looked at each other again, this time longer. Crush then huffed and raised his arms in surrender before sitting back in his seat. Zico crossed his arms leaned back on the table.

"Well?!" said Dean.
"Don't push it, Dean. She won't talk about it," said Zico.
"But you know about it... Tell me," the youngest said.

"I can't. Because I don't know as well," Zico finished.

 

= _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ = _ =

I sometimes cannot understand why Chahye gets so mad with such little things like letters. But that moeny though.. O___O

Hi guys! I am so sorry about the late update! 

You see, Dean is coming to the Philippines and we're totally preparing ourselves for it! he's going to have one showcase day and we're getting ready. The fans actually just had a gathering last Sunday and it was amazing! So happy to have met fellow Rebels and other fans of the KHiphop scene as well. It felt so amazing to meet new friends. I wish I could meet you guys in the future as well. Until then! :D Much love!