51..

Of Truth and Love

"What do you think doctor? Do you think it's right that I finally entered a relationship?" asked Chahye as she sat on the couch in front of Doctor Park.
"It's not always about what I think, Chahye-ssi. It's about you. I'm only here to interpret whatever you tell me," the sweet doctor of 48 years told her with a smile.
"Well, I think... I think I made the right decision," answered Chahye. "I know I haven't told him everything yet but I want to. Somehow, I don't believe he's going to change when I finally drop the bomb."
"Has he ever showed signs of hesitation towards you?"
"Not that I remember. But he has always been so persistent. I tried to push him away. My friends even. But he has consistently stayed by my side," said Chahye happily.
"Then you might have found a good man, your light," smiled the doctor.
"I have never felt this happy towards another man, doctor. Hyuk was the last but even with him did I feel this darkness. But with Dean... I mean, Kwon Hyuk... I feel as though I've finally found the light I have always wanted to grasp on. That one thing that would make me finally move on and forget."
"You know very well, Chahye, that forgetting is not possible," eyed the doctor.
"Well, I understand that. But for once, I can finally tell myself that this is a memory worth to be stored in my subconsciousness. And even if it visits me again, I don't think I'll have the same fear as before."
"Then you won't need my expertise by then anymore."
"Oh doctor. Please don't say that. Somehow, with you listening, I had a better understanding of what's happening in my head. If I ever need the same assistance again, I would always want to run to you."
"You will always be welcome in my office, Chahye-ssi."
"Thank you."
"Putting my profession aside, and talking as someone who has seen you grow up into such a marvelous character, I want to congratulate you in finding a love you believe you can hold on to."
"Thank you, doctor."
"I advise you take care of him the same way he looks after you. If you really love him, make your relationship last. There will be problems in the future, my dear Chahye. But whatever happens, stay strong for each other. You two will definitely have arguments but try your best to resolve those together."
"I will bear that in mind."
"Surely, you will."
"Oh... One more thing doctor... Could you tell me? I've been receiving letters from him again. But... I've been having a hard time opening them, left alone read what's inside. I'm scared."
"Scared of what? Of the truth? Of what changes it might inflict in your life? Of being taken away from your family? From Daejung-ssi? Or are you just scared because you don't know how he would accept you?"
"I think... It's because I want to see him but what if he doesn't recognize me as his daughter? What if he was the same person Daejung's father described him as?"
"Then would reading his letters make you more aware of that?"

~

"REALLY?!" asked Eunshil.
"You're finally with her sister?" asked Kwangmin.
"Daejunggie... You're lucky to have Dean hyung as your future hyung," said Chulwoo.
"Hahaha! It's not like we're going to get married any time soon," said Dean as he sat beside Minchan. 
"How do people get together though?" asked Minchan twirling his sticks between their fingers.
"They call it love," said Chulwoo.
"Have you boys been in love yet? It's a wonderful feeling," smiled Dean.
"I don't know," said Eunshil hiking his shoulders.
"I don't like anyone right now," said Daejung.
"I have a crush. But that doesn't mean I love her already, right?" asked Kwangmin.
"That's true," answered Dean.
"Will anyone ever like you though?" teased Chulwoo and doing a high-five with Daejung. Kwangmin wasn't the most good-looking from the group and he has very low self-esteem.
"I like someone," said Minchan. All eyes now were on him. "She always has this necklace that looks just like my sister's. I always think she's her but that's impossible because my sister should have been 25 years old by now," he said.
"Why? What happened to your sister, Minchannie?" asked Dean as he ruffled the kid's hair.
"She died because of cancer 3 years ago," answered Minchan with a smile.
Everyone suddenly fell silent. "I... I'm sorry to hear that, Minchan," said Dean.
"It's fine. She lived a very good life. She's the reason I wanted to learn the drums. She was a drummer, too," smiled the boy.
"I'm sure she's happy you're learning the same instrument she loved," smiled Dean.

Dean dropped by the pub that Sunday afternoon. Chahye was invited by Jihye to shop around Hongdae and they agreed to meet there after. It has only been two days since they officially called each other as their partner. And for Dean, it has been the best two days of his life. They were only able to see each other yesterday for an hour, just after her rehearsals with the team. Since he had a meeting with management, he wasn't able to take her home or spend any more time with her. But their nights were crazy, talking for almost an hour on the phone and bombarding each other with sweet messages. Dean enjoyed it. Somehow, he finally had something to push him to wake up early every morning, something to immediately paint a sweet smile n his face.

Since the boys were there, he knew it would be a good idea to drop by. It was probably going to be the last weekend he was free before a stretch of shows he has to be at and lose chances to visit and teach the boys.

A few minutes later, a group of people entered the pub and was soon watching the group from above.

"Wow, you guys are sounding better," said Millic as he waved his hands at them. Dean instantly smiled at the sight of his bestfriend and the boys stopped playing to greet them.

He was with Hyukoh, Offonoff, Punchnello, Crush and Incredivle. They walked down to the hall when two other girls followed them. Jihye and Chahye.

"Is Dean hyung teaching you well?" asked Inwoo.
"No. He doesn't know the drums," answered Minchan.
"Hey. I know the piano and guitar," said Dean laughing.
"Well, he needs some training, too anyway," teased Colde.
"Training for what?" asked Dean.
"Training on how to have a girlfriend," said Hyunjae as he mockingly hit his arm. "Why didn't anyone tell us that you and Chahye are officially together already?!" he added.
"Don't ask me. Ask your friend," answered Dean pointing at Chahye who was just about to reach the hall, Jihye holding onto her arm.
"Oh my god. There's your boyfriend!" whispered Jihye to Chahye.
"Aish. Don't fangirl too much over us, Jihye-ah," she said.
Hyuk smiled at Dean then walked over to Chulwoo taking the guitar from him. "Are you two going to tell us about it or what?" he asked as he saw Chahye walk up to Dean.
"I'd rather not," smiled Chahye.
"Aye. Too shy," said Crush.
"They spent like 2 hours at our building's rooftop talking about sweet nothings," revealed Daejumg as he stepped beside Hyuk.
"Aish. Daejung!" exclaimed Chahye.
"Then they spent another hour texting each other to sleep," continued Daejung.
Chahye started to blush and stood behind Dean. "I think that's enough, Daejung," he said.
"No. Continue, Daejung," said Punchnello walking over to the boy. "I want to have more reasons to tease hyung.
"When noona woke up, she immediately called Dean hyung and they were talking as she cooked breakfast," said Daejung continuing to reveal his sister's sweet endeavors with Dean.
"What did they talk about?!" inquired Colde.
"The usuals, I guess. Like... If hyung already ate breakfast. Where the other was going for the day. If they could see each other. They even exchanged too many I love you's," laughed Daejung with Millic.
"Aish! Shut up!" shouted Chahye as she stepped away from Dean and trying to hit her brother, her cheeks burning from embarrasment. "He was the one who kept saying it. Not me," she said as Crush reached for her arm and held her with an embrace.
"Chahye looks cute," smiled Donggeun.
"Dean hyung is turning red, too!" cheered Eunshil.
"I bet Dean is more in love with Chahye than she is with him," said Incredivle.
"Oh yes. Yes, he is," said Millic. "He could drop an album with her name as the title actually."
"That's actually really sweet," said Hyuk.
"But the only thing left for Dean hyung to do is build an altar in her name," laughed Punchnello.
"Oh. That is so awkward," said Jihye.
"We should be celebrating your new found love, Chahye," said Inwoo pulling her away from Crush.
"What about a drink or two?!" suggested 0channel.
"I'm in!" said Punchnello raising a hand.
"Me, too," said Donggeun crossing his arms.
"And what about us?!" asked Chulwoo.
"Oh. Right. You guys are still kids," said Incredivle.
"How about this?!" said Punchnello standing up and looking at everyone. "What if we go out and drink and you guys," he said pointing to the highschoolers. "You guys go home and finish your homework," he said grinning.
"That is so unfair," pouted Minchan.
Dean took Minchan by the head and ruffled his hair. "Why don't we just go out and eat something so the boys could come with us? This little guy needs some feeding," he said with a smile. Minchan was just 15 and he was really skinny and small.
"Okay then. Let's go eat," said Crush.
"But I'd still want a drink after," smirked Colde.

The boys took away their instruments and everyone helped in tidying the place before they went out. Dean and Chahye were actually talking about where they wanted to eat with Crush and Inwoo. Punchnello and Jihye were talking to the boys. They grew a liking towards Jihye and the art materials she just bought with Chahye earlier. Hyuk stayed at the row of lockers under the stairs after keeping the chairs along it. Daejung noticed how detached Hyuk was and he approached him, talking to him in whispers.

"Are you all right, hyung?" asked Daejung.
"I am. Why?" asked Hyuk.
"I just thought... I'm sorry if noona is hurting you," the boy said.
Hyuk smiled and stepped closer to him, putting a hand above his head. "Seeing your noona happy is also what makes me keep moving forward, Daejung-ah. I still love her and yes, her being happy with Dean hyung kinda hurts. But it's better this way than both of us hurting, don't you think?" he said smiling.
"I... I guess so," said Daejung.
"Now... Don't tell her about this, okay? We need to celebrate with them," said Hyuk patting his head and walking towards the others.
"Hyukkie..." called Chahye. "We were talking about going to that family restaurant across the Hwanjeong station. What do you think?"
"Yeah. Sure. I haven't eaten there in a while," smiled Hyuk.
"Great. Then let's go," smiled Dean as he took Chahye's hand.
"Wait. How do we all get there?!" asked Incredivle.